UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Thank you again!

Which open house are people going to? Now all of a sudden every weekend in March is booked for me :)

I was actually thinking I used to drive by UVa every other week, and I miss the drive. Now I get to do it again soon. So excited!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 pm

March 18 ASW here. Flight booked.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:36 pm

March ASW for me, too. My sister is running in a meet there that weekend- perfect timing :)

I can't wait to go back!

And congrats r6!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:March 18 ASW here. Flight booked.

I will probably go to this one as well. I am driving since I can get there with my eyes closed lol

When are you flying in? Let me know if you need a ride from the airport. I am only going to stay for Friday though. I have class on Sat. and I can't miss all 4 classes in March lol

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 pm

arism87 wrote:March ASW for me, too. My sister is running in a meet there that weekend- perfect timing :)

I can't wait to go back!

And congrats r6!

Ahhh awesome! Lets plan a meet up the night before or something. I am going to work half a day on Thur. and drive down after lunch, should be there around dinner time.

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:16 pm

I'll be doing the March weekend as well!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 pm

r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:March 18 ASW here. Flight booked.

I will probably go to this one as well. I am driving since I can get there with my eyes closed lol

When are you flying in? Let me know if you need a ride from the airport. I am only going to stay for Friday though. I have class on Sat. and I can't miss all 4 classes in March lol

my mom is coming with me and we're renting a car (then going to DC after ASW because it's my Spring Break at the school I teach at) but thank you anyway!

....buuuut if yall wanna do happy hour i think i'd be down! thoughts? (i think i'm getting in thursday)
Last edited by paulinaporizkova on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:my mom is coming with me and we're renting a car (then going to DC after ASW because it's my Spring Break at the school I teach at) but thank you anyway!

....buuuut if yall wanna do happy hour i think i'd be down! thoughts?

Cool. Let's plan something for Thur. night? Any suggestions anyone? Although I drive by there all the time I don't actually stop lol

albanach

Postby albanach » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Cool. Let's plan something for Thur. night? Any suggestions anyone? Although I drive by there all the time I don't actually stop lol

Beer?

--LinkRemoved--

lshamlet

Postby lshamlet » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Congrats r6! Did you do a Why UVA?

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 pm

lshamlet wrote:Congrats r6! Did you do a Why UVA?

This is great. I'm so glad you got in r6. Hopefully I'll have a chance there, too. :)

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:my mom is coming with me and we're renting a car (then going to DC after ASW because it's my Spring Break at the school I teach at) but thank you anyway!

UVA needs to accept me so I can feel like part of this "in" crowd. :D

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 am

I really want to go to ASW, but it being Thurs and Fri makes it very hard because of work... May still try though..

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

UVA needs to accept me so I can feel like part of this "in" crowd. :D

No joke. I feel like the page count on this thread is deceiving because it's mostly a bunch of us reporting that we haven't heard anything. :evil:

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:31 am

law_monkey wrote:
No joke. I feel like the page count on this thread is deceiving because it's mostly a bunch of us reporting that we haven't heard anything. :evil:

lol. count me in.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:26 am

lshamlet wrote:Congrats r6! Did you do a Why UVA?

I did not, but I sent a very short LOCI after I updated my fall transcript.

Good luck everyone. I was pretty much feeling hopeless as you can scroll back and see, but it apparently isn't as echoed by other OOS admits in the past week or so.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:12 am

Anyone know how many people get second-round scholarships? It seems most of the big $$$ goes out with acceptances, but I keep hearing that more might come out later on; is this for a relatively small # of applicants? Should I just give up hope for $ with an in-state 3.35/173?

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:49 am

suspicious android wrote:Anyone know how many people get second-round scholarships? It seems most of the big $$$ goes out with acceptances, but I keep hearing that more might come out later on; is this for a relatively small # of applicants? Should I just give up hope for $ with an in-state 3.35/173?

I was told by the admin director they would be making decisions in February and March for those that didn't get packages with their acceptances--I think a good portion of it will be need-based grants.

Postby 005618502 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 am

pixytree wrote:
suspicious android wrote:Anyone know how many people get second-round scholarships? It seems most of the big $$$ goes out with acceptances, but I keep hearing that more might come out later on; is this for a relatively small # of applicants? Should I just give up hope for $ with an in-state 3.35/173?

I was told by the admin director they would be making decisions in February and March for those that didn't get packages with their acceptances--I think a good portion of it will be need-based grants.

Wait.... I was under the impression that need based grants were not really given at UVA. I thought need base there was loans and HYSC gave big need based money????

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 am

r6 and others: I'd be down for a happy hour- South Street's cool!

Although I did apply to work there once and didn't get the job...

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:33 pm

albanach wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Beer?

--LinkRemoved--

sounds good - beer is usually the answer to life's problems so i'm in!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:35 pm

arism87 wrote:r6 and others: I'd be down for a happy hour- South Street's cool!

Haha no grudge? Well it sounds cool. Lets do it! I should be getting there around 6 or so Thurs. night.

Is there an In@ thread? let's leave this thread to the waiting (I have been scolded everywhere...). I am afraid to join the facebook group because it is an official group lol

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Haha no grudge? Well it sounds cool. Lets do it! I should be getting there around 6 or so Thurs. night.

Is there an In@ thread? let's leave this thread to the waiting (I have been scolded everywhere...). I am afraid to join the facebook group because it is an official group lol

I like when admits discuss things in threads I'm waiting in. It's beneficial to be able to read things that might become relevant to me in the future. I think the scolding is ridiculous.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:44 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:I like when admits discuss things in threads I'm waiting in. It's beneficial to be able to read things that might become relevant to me in the future. I think the scolding is ridiculous.

I can understand being cranky because of waiting, so I try not to irritate if I have a choice. I don't mind admits talking in waiting threads myself, but I do understand.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:

oh man. I joined, but I didn't realize faulk and dugas were the admins! I thought it was like the penn group where I could talk to other people about housing/life/1L/etc. I feel weird now.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”