UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Got in today, 90k!

10/4, OOS. So excited!

Wow, congratulations my friend! I hope something is heading my way, too!

Thanks! Hopefully, I know you would appreciate the same offer. Maybe the club members are starting to get late offers as we all suspected.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

10/4, OOS. So excited!

Thanks! Hopefully, I know you would appreciate the same offer. Maybe the club members are starting to get late offers as we all suspected.

Saving the best for last. :wink:

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm

10/4, OOS. So excited!

That's huge, congrats!

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

10/4, OOS. So excited!

Echoing the congrats! We have similar stats and similar cycles, so I hope I get a 90k offer to match!

Spinach Lover

Postby Spinach Lover » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:Thank you!!! Phone call this afternoon. Great day so far, got both Michigan and UVa today :D

Big congrats to you, r6. When did you submit your file to UVa?

timmna

Postby timmna » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

10/4, OOS. So excited!

Congrats r6! Proof that there might be a pot of gold at the end.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:55 pm

mrmangs wrote:

10/4, OOS. So excited!

Congrats! TBH, I would take that over Berk, at least at or close to sticker, although I understand you want to be hooked into SV.

Well I guess I can always submit it to the match program (well probably at all 3). I need to find out if MVP place well in SV now that they are all on the table. I will be busy in the next 2 month researching.

dbrddr

Postby dbrddr » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:56 pm

10/4, OOS. So excited!

Congrats on Virginia and Michigan! I've been rooting for you!

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Congrats r6!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Thank you all!!! It's obviously been a long wait, I submitted around 9/20. It's well worth it though. I look forward to visiting.

I also think this is around the same offer for all competitive admits, so if you get in you should get around the same. So good luck to all my fellow club members! Now it's my turn to root for you all. I know we all have the potential for a MVPB sweep, it's going to be your turn next.

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:02 pm

r6_philly wrote:Thank you all!!! It's obviously been a long wait, I submitted around 9/20. It's well worth it though. I look forward to visiting.

I also think this is around the same offer for all competitive admits, so if you get in you should get around the same. So good luck to all my fellow club members! Now it's my turn to root for you all. I know we all have the potential for a MVPB sweep, it's going to be your turn next.

This guy is cool as shit...mad virtual props for being a cool dude.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:09 pm

10/4, OOS. So excited!

r6_philly wrote:Thank you!!! Phone call this afternoon. Great day so far, got both Michigan and UVa today :D

Holy hell, congrats!!! Our pessimism was misplaced (at least in your case.) What a fantastic day. You deserve it!

No word from UVA for me still. :lol:

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm

r6_philly wrote:Thank you all!!! It's obviously been a long wait, I submitted around 9/20. It's well worth it though. I look forward to visiting.

CONGRATS!! So exciting :) You're gonna have some tough (but awesome!) decisions to make!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:14 pm

I officially defer my decision making until late April. For now I will go enjoy the traveling. Scheduled to go to a Happy Hours at Penn Museum anyway today (before all this excitement). So fitting...

Good luck everyone!

bleedblue

Postby bleedblue » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I don't understand. It seems that everyone with numbers like ours (which are roughly the same if you look at my LSN) gets schollys over the phone. But I got no offer :(

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

[quote="r6_philly"][quote="pixytree"][quote="r6_philly"]In admitted student site! Looks like last years :D

UVA is at the top of my list so far. I love Charlottesville. Did you get that offer in a phone call or package? When I got the call from UVA, I was told they'd be sending out offers in Feb and Mar.

pixytree

Postby pixytree » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm

whitman wrote:
leidice wrote:From my analysis of the results I've seen on LSN and TLS, I would guess that Virginia is WL/Dinging all or most of the RD apps (unsure about IS/OOS distinctions right now) who fall below both medians. For those with good numbers (at least LSAT or GPA higher than a median), they are holding onto their apps.. possibly with the hope they ED, or they are leaving room for other high-number students to apply ED. It may be their way of protecting their yield and also ensuring they meet or exceed last year's median numbers.

I don't know about this. I think they're waitlisting a lot of folks with good numbers that are OOS. I was waitlisted with LSAT>75, GPA at 25, which granted is not nearly as good as being at or above both medians.

Me either. I got in and I fall below both medians.

GoldenGopherHopeful

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Does anyone know if they update your status tracker to indicate when a decision has been reached, even if you were WLed or rejected? I'm not very hopeful but my "pending review/decision" status was updated to today and I'm wondering whether that means I'm still under consideration, or if they did reach a decision today and I just haven't gotten notice of it yet.

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:06 pm

GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Does anyone know if they update your status tracker to indicate when a decision has been reached, even if you were WLed or rejected? I'm not very hopeful but my "pending review/decision" status was updated to today and I'm wondering whether that means I'm still under consideration, or if they did reach a decision today and I just haven't gotten notice of it yet.

Admit will say "Congratulations!"

Don't worry a lot of us stayed Pending Review/Decision for MONTHS.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:09 pm

neonx wrote:
GoldenGopherHopeful wrote:Does anyone know if they update your status tracker to indicate when a decision has been reached, even if you were WLed or rejected? I'm not very hopeful but my "pending review/decision" status was updated to today and I'm wondering whether that means I'm still under consideration, or if they did reach a decision today and I just haven't gotten notice of it yet.

Admit will say "Congratulations!"

Don't worry a lot of us stayed Pending Review/Decision for MONTHS.

For me, it didn't change until after I got Faulk on the phone, even though I had the email the day before.

GoldenGopherHopeful

Postby GoldenGopherHopeful » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:19 pm

What does pending or IR even mean, in real terms? Does it mean someone has looked at you and set you aside for a bit? I wasn't complete until January so it's not like I was expecting a swift reply, but some of my checkers just say "complete," while others say UR or IR. Just curious :-)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:12 pm

My changed right away, with decision letter and scholarship letter showing in the mailing section.

IIRC WL was also immediate on the checker (from last cycle).

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:22 pm

grats r6!! it's been nice sharing this cycle with you! (take that $$ and come to UVA - i'll probably be there!)

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Congrats r6! That's awesome!!!

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Congrats R6!!! :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”