UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby timmna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

texaskk wrote:Ok, called and got the voicemail, left a message telling when its convenient for him to call me back. He just called back and I'm in with $25,000 per year!! Have been stuck at UR since 11/4, not sure if there was one before that, got email saying they'd received my application 9/27, know it completed when my third recommender submitted his letter around 10/15. RD, non-URM, 170, 3.9, is there anything else? Too excited to think!

EDIT: OOS


Congrats!!

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sgtgrumbles » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 pm

texaskk wrote: is there anything else? Too excited to think!

EDIT: OOS


Ha, you missed the most important part! But you caught yourself. Congrats!

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby texaskk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Thank y'all! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:03 pm

texaskk wrote:Ok, called and got the voicemail, left a message telling when its convenient for him to call me back. He just called back and I'm in with $25,000 per year!! Have been stuck at UR since 11/4, not sure if there was one before that, got email saying they'd received my application 9/27, know it completed when my third recommender submitted his letter around 10/15. RD, non-URM, 170, 3.9, is there anything else? Too excited to think!

EDIT: OOS


Wow, congrats!! This is also scary for me bc we are almost numbers twins plus same UR etc...

yellowmellow
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby yellowmellow » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:13 pm

FWIW I emailed a Why UVA in a couple days ago and asked if they suggested submitting anything else and just got a response saying that if I had my fall grades to send them in. I'm hoping sending those in will lead to a decision soon.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 pm

congrats recent admits!! see you at ASW!

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby law_monkey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm

texaskk wrote:Ok, called and got the voicemail, left a message telling when its convenient for him to call me back. He just called back and I'm in with $25,000 per year!! Have been stuck at UR since 11/4, not sure if there was one before that, got email saying they'd received my application 9/27, know it completed when my third recommender submitted his letter around 10/15. RD, non-URM, 170, 3.9, is there anything else? Too excited to think!

EDIT: OOS


Congrats!!! And thanks for your detailed response! :D

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:27 pm

tag

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby ksimon2007 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 am

Where can one find info on ASW?

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby bigjinjapan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 am

Joining the wait here as well. Submitted 12/19, last update is 'Pending Review' 1/12. Had a chance to visit the school while I was back in the 'States over Christmas and talk to Jason Dugas and some students, though the place was pretty empty. Really liked it and hope I get a chance to go there.

BTW - I saw someone 'switched' their application to ED. What's up with that?

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby ArchRoark » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:53 am

bigjinjapan wrote:BTW - I saw someone 'switched' their application to ED. What's up with that?

UVA doesn't have a deadline on their ED admissions. You can, at anytime, switch your application to binding early decision by printing and signing the ED contract and mailing/faxing/emailing it to their office.

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby bigjinjapan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
bigjinjapan wrote:BTW - I saw someone 'switched' their application to ED. What's up with that?

UVA doesn't have a deadline on their ED admissions. You can, at anytime, switch your application to binding early decision by printing and signing the ED contract and mailing/faxing/emailing it to their office.


Thanks for the info! Not sure I'd want to go that route, but it's an interesting option to have.

justhoping
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby justhoping » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:31 pm

wait-listed on wednesday :(
do they waitlist everyone and reject much later on or do they reject (a good number of) people too?

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby luckyme » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm

justhoping wrote:wait-listed on wednesday :(
do they waitlist everyone and reject much later on or do they reject (a good number of) people too?


stats?

justhoping
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby justhoping » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 pm

170/3.7
submitted 11/15

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby luckyme » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 pm

RD is so tough

User avatar
Redsgomarchingon
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 pm

justhoping wrote:170/3.7
submitted 11/15


*gulp* this does not bode well

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:23 am

justhoping wrote:wait-listed on wednesday :(
do they waitlist everyone and reject much later on or do they reject (a good number of) people too?

Gah I wish they would just do this to me or let me in. I want to know all my final options already. :|

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 am

eskimo wrote:
justhoping wrote:wait-listed on wednesday :(
do they waitlist everyone and reject much later on or do they reject (a good number of) people too?

Gah I wish they would just do this to me or let me in. I want to know all my final options already. :|


Yeah, UVA (and all these other law schools that are testing my sanity) need to make a decision already...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
justhoping wrote:wait-listed on wednesday :(
do they waitlist everyone and reject much later on or do they reject (a good number of) people too?

Gah I wish they would just do this to me or let me in. I want to know all my final options already. :|


Yeah, UVA (and all these other law schools that are testing my sanity) need to make a decision already...


How many decisions do you have so far? Out of how many? I am pretty unimpressed with 4/16 for myself.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:18 am

r6_philly wrote:How many decisions do you have so far? Out of how many? I am pretty unimpressed with 4/16 for myself.

6/12. But I guess I already know what 3 of the other decisions will be. So really I'm waiting on 3 unknowns.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 am

eskimo wrote:
r6_philly wrote:How many decisions do you have so far? Out of how many? I am pretty unimpressed with 4/16 for myself.

6/12. But I guess I already know what 3 of the other decisions will be. So really I'm waiting on 3 unknowns.


I must say I am happy with my 2 since they are my targets. It's interesting to be accepted by my 2 targets and waiting on everything else above and below. Since it's already been 3+ months, maybe I will just receive all the other decisions at the same time in April? lol

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:10 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
justhoping wrote:wait-listed on wednesday :(
do they waitlist everyone and reject much later on or do they reject (a good number of) people too?

Gah I wish they would just do this to me or let me in. I want to know all my final options already. :|


Yeah, UVA (and all these other law schools that are testing my sanity) need to make a decision already...


How many decisions do you have so far? Out of how many? I am pretty unimpressed with 4/16 for myself.


4/8. Waiting on Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, and Virginia.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:16 am

cardinals1989 wrote:4/8. Waiting on Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, and Virginia.


And Yale? :)

Which 4 did you get in? Columbia should be close...

I really don't want to ride WLs, hopefully I won't have to.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 am

I am wondering where my UVA WL/Ding is too. Heh.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleakchimera2, dietcoke1, ellielaw, Google Adsense [Bot], lawschoolbound2017, studyingeveryday, texteach and 25 guests