UVa. Regular Decision

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby DeeCee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:36 pm

law_monkey wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:you doing email or phone call? I really don't want to bother them because I'm sure they are swamped with applications, but it just seems weird that so many later OOS applicants have already had decisions rendered...


Email, will let you know if I get an response.


you're the best, thanks!


+1 I WANNA KNOW!!!!!


I emailed, and I just heard back in a positive manner that it would be OK to send materials.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby law_monkey » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:54 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Email, will let you know if I get an response.


you're the best, thanks!


+1 I WANNA KNOW!!!!!


I emailed, and I just heard back in a positive manner that it would be OK to send materials.


Thanks. I wish they would email me in a positive manner with the mysterious "call us about your application" message.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby DeeCee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 pm

law_monkey wrote:Thanks. I wish they would email me in a positive manner with the mysterious "call us about your application" message.


LOL

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby FutureInLaw » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Really? A fee waiver today? I took my LSAT in October! Weird. Guess it's worth the application (even though all my apps were done in November!).

Juuuulie
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Juuuulie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:Really? A fee waiver today? I took my LSAT in October! Weird. Guess it's worth the application (even though all my apps were done in November!).


I got one today, too. I wouldn't have considered my numbers strong enough for them to bother with me, honestly: 167, 3.64.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 pm

I think they're trying to raise their selectivity ratio. Duke just sent out fee waivers yesterday to people too. So does this mean, perhaps, that they're getting fewer apps this cycle than last? Hmmm!

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sanguar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Hmm, UVa status updated again today...

onepass
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby onepass » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Duke and Emory both sent out fee waivers a few days ago. I thought it was a bit odd to do so late in the game.

Yet another UVA update today as well. This is my fourth one since late November. I have no idea what it means. Guessing they are not sure about me and I'm headed for the waitlist.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 pm

sanguar wrote:Hmm, UVa status updated again today...


Luuuucky!! I'm still @ 11/07... rofl

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby awilson11 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 pm

I have gotten one status update since my file went complete, and nothing else..

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Going to send an update and a Why UVA.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Going to send an update and a Why UVA.


I sent in a Why UVA just to see if I could get the status checker to budge. Still stuck on 11/4.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:Going to send an update and a Why UVA.


I sent in a Why UVA just to see if I could get the status checker to budge. Still stuck on 11/4.


That was my idea.
They got a new recommendation one week ago. No movement.
Still UR 11/1

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Dany » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Sent an email LOCI today and a new recommendation. Got a really nice personalized email back from Jason Dugas. (RD OOS)

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 pm

eskimo wrote:Sent an email LOCI today and a new recommendation. Got a really nice personalized email back from Jason Dugas. (RD OOS)


Excellent news! Good luck.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby daisyduke » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:35 pm

eskimo wrote:Sent an email LOCI today and a new recommendation. Got a really nice personalized email back from Jason Dugas. (RD OOS)


I figured your cycle would be over with Chicago! Congrats on that one :D GL here!

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby Dany » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 pm

daisyduke wrote:
eskimo wrote:Sent an email LOCI today and a new recommendation. Got a really nice personalized email back from Jason Dugas. (RD OOS)


I figured your cycle would be over with Chicago! Congrats on that one :D GL here!

I am a little terrified of debt, so I'd like to wait and weigh scholarship options. But yeah - the Chicago acceptance was definitely a dream come true, so we'll see how everything goes!

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby daisyduke » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 pm

eskimo wrote:
daisyduke wrote:
eskimo wrote:Sent an email LOCI today and a new recommendation. Got a really nice personalized email back from Jason Dugas. (RD OOS)


I figured your cycle would be over with Chicago! Congrats on that one :D GL here!

I am a little terrified of debt, so I'd like to wait and weigh scholarship options. But yeah - the Chicago acceptance was definitely a dream come true, so we'll see how everything goes!


Yeah I definitely understand that! Congrats and GL!

User avatar
chihuahua12
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby chihuahua12 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Just submitted my app. I know I don't really have much of a shot but I don't mind $12 just to see what happens. Did a why essay.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby sanguar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:39 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
sanguar wrote:Hmm, UVa status updated again today...


Luuuucky!! I'm still @ 11/07... rofl



Yeah, it's gone 12/20-->1/10--->1/11

Weirdness.

User avatar
jpk5372
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby jpk5372 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 am

still stuck at early october.....womp womp =(

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby BeachedBrit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Submitted my why uva yesterday. Got the waitlist email today (174/3.5.) Starting to think I'll be getting waitlisted everywhere.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 pm

jpk5372 wrote:still stuck at early october.....womp womp =(


So I expressed my interests twice, still stuck at 10/4 though. Let's hope I get in soon.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby DeeCee » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:still stuck at early october.....womp womp =(


So I expressed my interests twice, still stuck at 10/4 though. Let's hope I get in soon.


I am really surprised...you have great numbers. You haven't gotten to the "Pending review/Decision" phase yet?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:57 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:still stuck at early october.....womp womp =(


So I expressed my interests twice, still stuck at 10/4 though. Let's hope I get in soon.


I am really surprised...you have great numbers. You haven't gotten to the "Pending review/Decision" phase yet?


Pending review/decision since 10/4. Submitted 9/22 I think.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Google Adsense [Bot], Jgats, liuwenyu, mudiverse, okf731, potterotter, Rio123 and 17 guests