UVa. Regular Decision Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CM612

Bronze

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Post by CM612 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Is it natural at this point in the cycle to just want to get rejected from all your remaining schools so you can start to focus on the options you DO have?
Just saw people posting that they got dinged and thought "oooh! maybe i'll get an email too!" 6 down, 10 to go. I'm starting to wish that I hadn't applied to so damn many.

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:38 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:Dude maybe she's just not into you.

Awesome post, good luck.

Thanks, if this doesn't work I'm going to resort to Missed Connections on CL...

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm

CM612 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:Is it natural at this point in the cycle to just want to get rejected from all your remaining schools so you can start to focus on the options you DO have?
Just saw people posting that they got dinged and thought "oooh! maybe i'll get an email too!" 6 down, 10 to go. I'm starting to wish that I hadn't applied to so damn many.

Agreed. Thank you UVA for rejecting me promptly by e-mail. No, really. Thanks.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:41 pm

CM612 wrote:
I know! I'm also starting to not want to get in places so I don't have to deal with another decision. Obviously I do want to get accepted, but the stress of actually picking is starting to set in.

CM612

Bronze

Post by CM612 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:47 pm

law_monkey wrote:
CM612 wrote:
I know! I'm also starting to not want to get in places so I don't have to deal with another decision. Obviously I do want to get accepted, but the stress of actually picking is starting to set in.
So with you on that. Plus, the second school I got into was GULC. I've applied to higher-ranked schools (UVA, obviously) but don't expect to get into any of them. It would be nice if they would all respectfully ding me now so that I can move on to grumbling about how long my safeties are taking to send me $$ offers. COME ON, JUST GET IT OVER WITH (or, you know, I would take an acceptance too, please!)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:22 pm

francisConn wrote:Agreed. Thank you UVA for rejecting me promptly by e-mail. No, really. Thanks.
I feel exactly the same. I didn't think I would get in anyway but thought a WL was in my future. Thank you UVA.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Another day, another lack of any kind of movement acknowledging my existence whatsoever.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Another day, another lack of any kind of movement acknowledging my existence whatsoever.
they must have some really good discipline to have such a good number of files just hanging around the office, begging for a decision, and holding off on actually deciding!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm

The Stig wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Another day, another lack of any kind of movement acknowledging my existence whatsoever.
they must have some really good discipline to have such a good number of files just hanging around the office, begging for a decision, and holding off on actually deciding!
I have to say, UVa and Cornell are killing me here. At least they are nice if you contact UVa, Cornell just ignores your emails and finally allows your application to go complete 2 months after you've sent it in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 pm

The Stig wrote:
That's a... charitable interpretation :)

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 pm

dbrddr wrote:
The Stig wrote:they must have some really good discipline to have such a good number of files just hanging around the office, begging for a decision, and holding off on actually deciding!
That's a... charitable interpretation :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm

I just got off the phone with Dean Dugas. I am in! I received an e-mail to call him.

I am 10/11 UR, RD, OOS, non-URM. Stats in the profile.

I sent in an LOCI recently. So, RD, OOSs don't lose hope!
Last edited by pulandasu on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 pm

pulandasu wrote:I just got off the phone with Dean Dugas. I am in! I received an e-mail to call him. If I heard him correctly (because I was nervous), I am getting $25K a year - will confirm when the mail arrives.

Congrats!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 pm

pulandasu wrote:I just got off the phone with Dean Dugas. I am in! I received an e-mail to call him. If I heard him correctly (because I was nervous), I am getting $25K a year - will confirm when the mail arrives.

still nothing.....sadness =(

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Congratulations! And fantastic scholarship!

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 pm

jpk5372 wrote:

still nothing.....sadness =(
+1. Still stuck at 2nd UR date of 11/29/10.

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 pm

How does one go about writing/submitting a LOCI? Should it be really formal or just reiterate the reasons you'd would like to attend UVA?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm

jpk5372 wrote:How does one go about writing/submitting a LOCI? Should it be really formal or just reiterate the reasons you'd would like to attend UVA?
I feel like the easiest way is to have some sort of update and frame it around that. I did a "I'm writing to update my application with A, B, C" paragraph. Then another paragraph or so of "I'd also like to express again my interest in UVA because of X, Y, Z." It wasn't super formal like an essay, but it also wasn't too casual. I also haven't gotten a decision, so it might have sucked. :lol:

Oh, and I just sent it in the body of an email to the lawadmit address, and received a response from Jason Dugas so I'd say that's TCR as for how to submit.

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:09 pm

jpk5372 wrote:How does one go about writing/submitting a LOCI? Should it be really formal or just reiterate the reasons you'd would like to attend UVA?
Thank you all for the warm congrats! ^.^;

My LOCI was pretty standard. Because I didn't write a "why UVA?" addendum, I basically e-mailed them - opened up with I want to attend UVA. Why UVA is a good fit (2 paragraphs). Ended with I want to attend UVA.

Btw, you have very strong schools you've been accepted to: I wouldn't worry about it unless you are seriously considering UVA.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:22 pm

pulandasu wrote:Btw, you have very strong schools you've been accepted to: I wouldn't worry about it unless you are seriously considering UVA.
Eh, no matter the stats, UVA gives out fantastic scholarships (+ low COL) and depending on debt aversion is one of the best options in the T14 to have, for sure.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 pm

eskimo wrote:
pulandasu wrote:Btw, you have very strong schools you've been accepted to: I wouldn't worry about it unless you are seriously considering UVA.
Eh, no matter the stats, UVA gives out fantastic scholarships (+ low COL) and depending on debt aversion is one of the best options in the T14 to have, for sure.
Youuuu should come to UVA with me <3 it'll be fun.

I just have to learn how to play softball before I can commit myself...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 pm

dulcatis wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Youuuu should come to UVA with me <3 it'll be fun.

I stink at softball and was the worst rightfielder in the history of little league...but I really like UVA and neeeeeed a scholarship... keeping fingers crossed!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:35 pm

dulcatis wrote:Youuuu should come to UVA with me <3 it'll be fun.

I think it's pretty safe to say I'm not getting in at this point.

I did use to play softball though, and have a pretty darn cute little Eski softball picture. :mrgreen:

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:37 pm

eskimo wrote: I think it's pretty safe to say I'm not getting in at this point.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:39 pm

eskimo wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Youuuu should come to UVA with me <3 it'll be fun.

I think it's pretty safe to say I'm not getting in at this point.

I did use to play softball though, and have a pretty darn cute little Eski softball picture. :mrgreen:
How is it safe to say you are not getting in? Last I checked they had already sent out dozens of WL and Dings, and the number of RD accepts seems to be pretty small still.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”