UVa. Regular Decision Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
applepiecrust

Bronze

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 pm

UVA (and Georgetown, but this is not the right thread) has been perplexing me. No movement on status check update since 11/10. Guess that means auto-out or auto-waitlist.

I need to just withdraw.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:omg omg omg. i just got a call from jason dugas (director of admissions) at 11am central time asking me to call him back today to talk about my application. what does this mean????
IN.
i freakin hope so!!! called back and left a message so now we're playing phone tag....THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:27 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:omg omg omg. i just got a call from jason dugas (director of admissions) at 11am central time asking me to call him back today to talk about my application. what does this mean????
IN.
i freakin hope so!!! called back and left a message so now we're playing phone tag....THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME
good luck good luck good luck!!!!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

almightypush

Bronze

Post by almightypush » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
IN.
this. the exact same thing happened to me yesterday evening with Cordel Faulk.

congrats!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:12 pm

almightypush wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
IN.

congrats!
in!! so excited - i will most likely be going here. yes it was clear jason dugas was trying to dupe me into thinking i wasn't getting in with his initial phone call. good thing TLS filled me in on what was most likely happening. anyway, GL to everyone else!! btw, i am OOS and i submitted 9/2 (yes, over 4 months ago, so yes, they are still reviewing and accepting us.) i have good softs and what i am interested in doing with my degree (public service, pro bono LGBT work) is very much in line with UVA (wrote a strong why UVA)...so i guess i had that going for me...which is nice.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:13 pm

also, thanks for the congrats y'all (just trying to break it in - i'm from northern MN)

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Post by BeachedBrit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:16 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:also, thanks for the congrats y'all (just trying to break it in - i'm from northern MN)
You'll learn to love it. So versatile and much better than "you guys."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:in!! so excited - i will most likely be going here. yes it was clear jason dugas was trying to dupe me into thinking i wasn't getting in with his initial phone call. good thing TLS filled me in on what was most likely happening. anyway, GL to everyone else!! btw, i am OOS and i submitted 9/2 (yes, over 4 months ago, so yes, they are still reviewing and accepting us.) i have good softs and what i am interested in doing with my degree (public service, pro bono LGBT work) is very much in line with UVA (wrote a strong why UVA)...so i guess i had that going for me...which is nice.
That's wonderful!!! big congrats :)

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
almightypush wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
IN.

congrats!
in!! so excited - i will most likely be going here. yes it was clear jason dugas was trying to dupe me into thinking i wasn't getting in with his initial phone call. good thing TLS filled me in on what was most likely happening. anyway, GL to everyone else!! btw, i am OOS and i submitted 9/2 (yes, over 4 months ago, so yes, they are still reviewing and accepting us.) i have good softs and what i am interested in doing with my degree (public service, pro bono LGBT work) is very much in line with UVA (wrote a strong why UVA)...so i guess i had that going for me...which is nice.
Congratulations!

edit: always nice to see other law school applicants involved in LGBT activism/organizing.

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:35 pm

I got an email from Cordel Faulk asking to discuss my app. But he didn't answer when I called him back. Should I call again or just wait for him to call me back at the number I left him?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:39 pm

bleedblue wrote:I got an email from Cordel Faulk asking to discuss my app. But he didn't answer when I called him back. Should I call again or just wait for him to call me back at the number I left him?
Just going through that. I called once, didn't leave a message, then called back like 10 min later and left a message. I think my plan is to see if he calls me today, and if not then call back tomorrow? Don't want to be the huuuge stalker I feel like being.

I keep freaking out and running around my house. My poor dogs are so confused :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IndyHCKM

New

Post by IndyHCKM » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Just for the books, I know a few people who were regular admission who were admitted around Christmas time.

Neither one wrote "Why UVA" essays either. So perhaps there is still some hope for everyone.

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:06 pm

bleedblue wrote:I got an email from Cordel Faulk asking to discuss my app. But he didn't answer when I called him back. Should I call again or just wait for him to call me back at the number I left him?
Also. 171/3.9ish no why UVA. OOS.

Edit: Got the call. Officially in. No status update since 10/6
Last edited by bleedblue on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Yaaay I'm in!!!

I submitted in early October, status update is 10/18 still! Wrote a Why UVA, but it wasn't super magical or anything.

3.8x/173/OOS! Woooo :)

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 pm

wow, lots of acceptances today!

I can haz?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:34 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Just going through that. I called once, didn't leave a message, then called back like 10 min later and left a message. I think my plan is to see if he calls me today, and if not then call back tomorrow? Don't want to be the huuuge stalker I feel like being.

I keep freaking out and running around my house. My poor dogs are so confused :(
Congrats guys! You got in. The same thing happened to me earlier. If you left a message it should be enough, he will call back :)

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:35 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

Congrats guys! You got in. The same thing happened to me earlier. If you left a message it should be enough, he will call back :)
Oh wait, I see I'm late on both counts. Please disregard :)

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:49 pm

congrats to all recent admits!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Congrats to everyone!

*Cue obsessive email checking.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:57 pm

This SZ post was pretty interesting! And relevant to UVA-ness, so I figured I'd post it here

http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z ... aspx?ID=44

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:22 am

dulcatis wrote:This SZ post was pretty interesting! And relevant to UVA-ness, so I figured I'd post it here

http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z ... aspx?ID=44
Yikes! Quite a stab at UVa. Although, I must say, I am glad that LSAC made this decision. Early Decision should be just that... Early

forward

Bronze

Post by forward » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 am

Dean Z ftw.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”