UVa. Regular Decision Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Knock

Platinum

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Post by Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 pm

pulandasu wrote:So are RD decisions coming down the pipe this week or no?

I know there was one RD admit (in-state) in the posts above, but why isn't anyone else reporting decision status?

The wait is just killing me...

It looks like from LSN that last year, the first RD admit was also 11/03/09 and another batch started flowing in 11/05/09...

I am an out-of-state, but hoping to hear the good news soon... (of course, crossing fingers)
RD here, been complete since 10/18, status checker is still complete pending review/decision.

LAWLAW09

Bronze

Post by LAWLAW09 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
vsl89 wrote:Does UVA's in-state requirement (like x% of class must be from in state) make any of you a little uneasy about attending? I always wanted to go to a school that functioned on a meritocracy :lol: , and I feel the fact that people get a leg up in admissions based on where they live makes me feel like I am going to a school where not all my peers would deserve to be there. Don't get me wrong -- UVA is a great school, admissions is competitive, even for in-state folks, and I would love to attend,but I just don't like the thought of having as classmates people who wouldn't have otherwise been there if not for their residency. (I realize this problem isn't just limited to state residencies, but also URM status,etc. but I just want to focus on the former.)
Lol.. strangest thing Ive read this week.

quality of education being significantly influenced by where one lives makes me uneasy too; that feeling for me however was experienced as I started elementary school, and then high school, and then college. :)

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:32 pm

vsl89 wrote:Does UVA's in-state requirement (like x% of class must be from in state) make any of you a little uneasy about attending? I always wanted to go to a school that functioned on a meritocracy, and I feel the fact that people get a leg up in admissions based on where they live makes me feel like I am going to a school where not all my peers would deserve to be there. Don't get me wrong -- UVA is a great school, admissions is competitive, even for in-state folks, and I would love to attend,but I just don't like the thought of having as classmates people who wouldn't have otherwise been there if not for their residency. (I realize this problem isn't just limited to state residencies, but also URM status,etc. but I just want to focus on the former.)
VA residents pay in-state taxes that fund many of the school's initiatives

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Knock wrote: RD here, been complete since 10/18, status checker is still complete pending review/decision.
You got in knock? congrats

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Knock wrote:
RD here, been complete since 10/18, status checker is still complete pending review/decision.
Me too. Knock, our cycles are way eerily similar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:05 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Knock wrote: RD here, been complete since 10/18, status checker is still complete pending review/decision.
You got in knock? congrats
No sorry if I was unclear, im currently sitting at complete.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:06 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Awesome, we have really similar numbers too. Best of luck on your cycle man. Hopefully we both get someplace amazing.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:
Awesome, we have really similar numbers too. Best of luck on your cycle man. Hopefully we both get someplace amazing.
Thanks, you too. Mutual congrats soon, hopefully!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Slight correction: Mine WAS on 10/18, but I just remembered (in reviewing my previous posts on this thread) that I actually updated to pending 11/4. I think I got confused between checking my Stanford 10/18 pending and my UVA one. :lol:

Epic fail on the "being a way too OCD status checker."

However...the fact that I have updated and still didn't get a call is worse for me. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alex_cryp

New

Post by alex_cryp » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:28 am

hipstermafia wrote:
vsl89 wrote:Does UVA's in-state requirement (like x% of class must be from in state) make any of you a little uneasy about attending? I always wanted to go to a school that functioned on a meritocracy, and I feel the fact that people get a leg up in admissions based on where they live makes me feel like I am going to a school where not all my peers would deserve to be there. Don't get me wrong -- UVA is a great school, admissions is competitive, even for in-state folks, and I would love to attend,but I just don't like the thought of having as classmates people who wouldn't have otherwise been there if not for their residency. (I realize this problem isn't just limited to state residencies, but also URM status,etc. but I just want to focus on the former.)
This is dumb, UVA is a state school. State schools are often given funding from their state government. Many state schools have requirements for a %age of class that must be in state. If you don't like it then go to a private school!
+1

Taxes in VA are ridiculous, at least now I have some reason to say it's worth it!

P.S. There is a vs189 on lsn that keeps posting rude and racist comments on various profiles--one was a URM accepted ED to UVA this year-vs189 said she only got in b/c she is black-she ended up taking down her whole profile. Same vs189?? ugly.

alex_cryp

New

Post by alex_cryp » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 am

alex_cryp wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:
This is dumb, UVA is a state school. State schools are often given funding from their state government. Many state schools have requirements for a %age of class that must be in state. If you don't like it then go to a private school!
+1

Taxes in VA are ridiculous, at least now I have some reason to say it's worth it!

P.S. There is a vs189 on lsn that keeps posting rude and racist comments on various profiles--one was a URM accepted ED to UVA this year-vs189 said she only got in b/c she is black-she ended up taking down her whole profile. Same vs189?? ugly.

oh and found this post on the profile another applicant on lsn too.

"Another URM. . .Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 at 1:00 pm
you're trash, a 120 wouldn't keep you out of t14, you're trash.
– vs189"

my apologies if the other vs189 is not the same person--but this lsn poster is a complete loser.

HopefulGrad

New

Post by HopefulGrad » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:10 am

Pretty sure it's the same guy.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 pm

So was there ever an indication of how many peoples pending review dates changed?? Mine is still at 10/04 and I do not like this lack of movement.. I need decisions this week!! :twisted:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yellowmellow

New

Post by yellowmellow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm

tkgrrett wrote:So was there ever an indication of how many peoples pending review dates changed?? Mine is still at 10/04 and I do not like this lack of movement.. I need decisions this week!! :twisted:
Mine changed from 10/04 to 10/25 and has been stuck there since. I thought that would mean something good happening but of course that was just my wishful thinking

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

tkgrrett wrote:So was there ever an indication of how many peoples pending review dates changed?? Mine is still at 10/04 and I do not like this lack of movement.. I need decisions this week!! :twisted:
SERIOUSLY. Let's do this thing!

I've decided not to check my statuses any more this week....maybe I will be rewarded for my restraint =)

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:42 pm

jpk5372 wrote:

I've decided not to check my statuses any more this week....maybe I will be rewarded for my restraint =)
People are obsessing early. Many decisions wont come around till Xmas or later

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

jt1341 wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:

A girl can dream right?

I think starting to get decisions back has amped up my anticipation =(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:57 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:

A girl can dream right?

I think starting to get decisions back has amped up my anticipation =(
haha yea i understand that

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I know there was one RD admit (in-state) in the posts above, but why isn't anyone else reporting decision status?

It looks like from LSN that last year, the first RD admit was also 11/03/09 and another batch started flowing in 11/05/09...

I am an out-of-state, but hoping to hear the good news soon... (of course, crossing fingers)
In RD today-- also a resident

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:20 pm

arism87 wrote:

How did you get your decision?

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:28 pm

It's because everyone who isn't a resident gets WLed, which would come down the pike later.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Email asking me to call-- my status hasn't changed, he said the packet would be in the mail tomorrow

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:02 pm

arism87 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Email asking me to call-- my status hasn't changed, he said the packet would be in the mail tomorrow
Congrats!!!!!!! You had been antsy for a while and it was time for you to hear back jaja

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Congrats!!!!!!! You had been antsy for a while and it was time for you to hear back jaja[/quote]

Hahaha called out, so true. Thanks!

kak5n

Bronze

Post by kak5n » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:05 pm

arism87 wrote:Congrats!!!!!!! You had been antsy for a while and it was time for you to hear back jaja
Hahaha called out, so true. Thanks![/quote]

Congrats! Do you mind telling us your stats (or PMing me stats) and your completion date?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”