UVa. Regular Decision Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DeeCee

Silver

Re: UVa. Regular Decision

Post by DeeCee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:32 pm

findafish wrote:Just received an email, waitlisted...
bummer.
Damn, that means I'll probably be hearing today too. Maybe they will think I'm a special snowflake and offer me admission. Then again, probably not.

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Entchen wrote:
findafish wrote:For those who received your calls, when did you guys finish application?
Mine file sits Pending Decision/Review from Dec 3rd...
So frustrated..
Ha, I wouldn't start worrying yet. I'm at that status dated Oct. 18, and I know there are some people who haven't had any updates since Sept. (TBF, we're probably all being waitlisted :P).
Haha yeah, I'm UR 9/22. But I just sent them a semi-LOCI/why UVA email so hopefully that'll turn around the WL train that's probably heading my way :)

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
er doctor wrote:
hellome wrote:this is crazy, i went complete in september and not a peep since :?
Same here I've been stuck at 9/27 with nary a peep. It looks like you and I have had similar acceptances - would just like to hear from UVa so I can call this cycle complete!
+1 frowny face
IIRC, I submitted my app during the last cycle on 10/16 and heard nothing until early March (second to last acceptance). Hang in there.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 pm

what a quick turnaround! Sent my LOCI last night, got an e-mail from Jason Dugas this morning asking me to discuss my "situation." Played phone tag, but I'm in with 90K! Really excited about this--Virginia's probably the best fit for me academically outside the T3. Dugas seemed incredibly nice over the phone.

OOS/RD, submitted on 9/12. I hope all of you Sept. and Oct. applicants don't have to wait too much longer!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:25 pm

dbrddr wrote:what a quick turnaround! Sent my LOCI last night, got an e-mail from Jason Dugas this morning asking me to discuss my "situation." Played phone tag, but I'm in with 90K! Really excited about this--Virginia's probably the best fit for me academically outside the T3. Dugas seemed incredibly nice over the phone.

OOS/RD, submitted on 9/12. I hope all of you Sept. and Oct. applicants don't have to wait too much longer!
I would like to know what situation gets you in with 90k.....I plan to use it. :D

Anyway, congrats!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm

dbrddr wrote:what a quick turnaround! Sent my LOCI last night, got an e-mail from Jason Dugas this morning asking me to discuss my "situation." Played phone tag, but I'm in with 90K! Really excited about this--Virginia's probably the best fit for me academically outside the T3. Dugas seemed incredibly nice over the phone.

Congratulations, buddy! I figured that once you laid things out for them they'd come around. Glad they didn't short you, either.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so awesome! Slowly but surely all of us early people are hearing back.

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm phone tagging/panicking as we speak.......

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 pm

jpk5372 wrote:

Pre-confirmation CONGRATS!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

florencezx

New

Post by florencezx » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 pm

submitted in December and just waitlisted by UVA. What should I do? number: 170/4.0. disadvantaged because I'm international? how can I give it a little bit of a push?

some advice, please! thanks!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Congrats! :D

See ya at the ASW. Now can I have your other acceptances if you are not planning to use them :lol:

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:Congrats! :D

See ya at the ASW. Now can I have your other acceptances if you are not planning to use them :lol:
Thanks! I'll let you know in a month or so :wink:

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:46 pm

law_monkey wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:

Pre-confirmation CONGRATS!!!
haha hopefully that doesn't jinx it, but thanks! unfortunately I'm paranoid and not getting a damn thing done now... =(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:51 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
haha hopefully that doesn't jinx it, but thanks! unfortunately I'm paranoid and not getting a damn thing done now... =(
I missed my call, called to leave a vm, and got called back a while later. You are in! Congrats!

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:
I missed my call, called to leave a vm, and got called back a while later. You are in! Congrats!

yay in! no $ which is quite depressing seeing as its one of my top choices.....the search goes on I guess...I might be in for a long winter at michigan.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:42 pm

jpk5372 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:

yay in! no $ which is quite depressing seeing as its one of my top choices.....the search goes on I guess...I might be in for a long winter at michigan.
Gee could you be happy for half a day? :lol:

sojasoph

Bronze

Post by sojasoph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm

ummph... waitlisted 178/3.25 AA male applied Dec 1st email today.

I need to pretend that UVA was not my first choice. Walk to the mailbox. And smoke a cig.(I really wish you could just by one cig at the gas station instead of having to get a whole pack.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jpk5372

Bronze

Post by jpk5372 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:45 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
jpk5372 wrote:

Gee could you be happy for half a day? :lol:
Sorry, I meant to say "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
i'm incredibly happy, i'm just incredibly worried about finances too since my decision pretty much entirely relies upon that =)

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm

sojasoph wrote:ummph... waitlisted 178/3.25 AA male applied Dec 1st email today.

I need to pretend that UVA was not my first choice. Walk to the mailbox. And smoke a cig.(I really wish you could just by one cig at the gas station instead of having to get a whole pack.
You can in the right (or shall I say) wrong neighborhoods. I used to work at a corner store and people will buy loosies all the time. I say "you know if you buy a pack you pay half as much right" and they look at me like I am crazy.

ETA sorry about the waitlist, but you should have other good options nonetheless.

sojasoph

Bronze

Post by sojasoph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
sojasoph wrote:ummph... waitlisted 178/3.25 AA male applied Dec 1st email today.

You can in the right (or shall I say) wrong neighborhoods. I used to work at a corner store and people will buy loosies all the time. I say "you know if you buy a pack you pay half as much right" and they look at me like I am crazy.
Maybe they all just got waitlisted at UVA.

sojasoph

Bronze

Post by sojasoph » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:

ETA sorry about the waitlist, but you should have other good options nonetheless.
ty and congratulations

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dcwumpus

Bronze

Post by dcwumpus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:54 pm

sojasoph wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Maybe they all just got waitlisted at UVA.
Nice

WVUCelticFan

Bronze

Post by WVUCelticFan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Just got off the phone. In with $$. I wasn't expecting anything and had mentally eliminated it on price....time to start this whole stressful process of narrowing my list down again.

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 pm

WVUCelticFan wrote:Just got off the phone. In with $$. I wasn't expecting anything and had mentally eliminated it on price....time to start this whole stressful process of narrowing my list down again.
Charlottesville > Lexington

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 pm

sojasoph wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

ty and congratulations
I definitely just tried to flick your 'tar off my screen...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”