South Texas 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tonio
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Tonio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 pm

South Texas is about to start getting phone calls

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Tonio wrote:South Texas is about to start getting phone calls

Right after I get out of this class.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Let me know what they tell y'all.

Tonio
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Tonio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Im waitng for someone else to go first, they scare me.

User avatar
libdemjenn
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:48 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby libdemjenn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:27 pm

I finally got in touch with someone at STCL. I was only calling to make sure my application was complete. They confirmed that and said they are emailing out decisions everyday at this point. They said that will continue through April. I know that's not helpful for those of you waiting for scholarship information, but that's all I've got. :)

Tonio
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Tonio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:29 pm

libdemjenn wrote:I finally got in touch with someone at STCL. I was only calling to make sure my application was complete. They confirmed that and said they are emailing out decisions everyday at this point. They said that will continue through April. I know that's not helpful for those of you waiting for scholarship information, but that's all I've got. :)


You talk to a guy? i just spoke with him really nice. Told me basically same thing, and urged that the system is random and that if you have not received a notification yet it doesnt mean anything regards to your chances of gettin in or not. But that they are sending acceptances all the time. What scared me was when he said through april......

roarthur
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby roarthur » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Mce252 wrote:Admissions told me yesterday that they were trying to get scholarships done by today or tomorrow. She was able to tell me that I was getting a scholarship but would have to wait until the email for specifics.

P.S. - I know it's fun to be lighthearted on the forums but the more crap that gets posted, the more difficult it is to find the important answers to questions.


I agree. Getting tough to sift through and find the goods for those of us still waiting on decisions.

User avatar
libdemjenn
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:48 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby libdemjenn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Tonio wrote:You talk to a guy? i just spoke with him really nice. Told me basically same thing, and urged that the system is random and that if you have not received a notification yet it doesnt mean anything regards to your chances of gettin in or not. But that they are sending acceptances all the time. What scared me was when he said through april......


Yes, I talked to a guy. He was very nice. He emailed me the Online Status Check email immediately. I feel better knowing I am at least complete and I can F5 all day long.

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txag10 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:57 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
TexasGE wrote:As for the beer pong discussion, the ball gets dropped on the dirty floor and held a lot - which is just as gross as used cups!

I love the Beau Rivage, but my fave casino in Biloxi is the Isle of Capri.

That's the one I always went to, I was there right after Katrina (spring 06), so the Beau Rivage was only open a little, but I couldn't remember the name of the Isle of Capri.

Mce252 wrote:Admissions told me yesterday that they were trying to get scholarships done by today or tomorrow. She was able to tell me that I was getting a scholarship but would have to wait until the email for specifics.


So if we call them, they might tell us if we're gonna get one or not?


Calling after this class...stupid allen building.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:13 pm

Just called, didn't give my name, and they said that they were sending the info out today and tomorrow.

Tonio
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Tonio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Hate me if you want for gettin off topic i cant help it

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... 226571.php

this dude went crazy at Taco Bell cuz they raised the price of burritos lol

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Tonio wrote:Hate me if you want for gettin off topic i cant help it

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... 226571.php

this dude went crazy at Taco Bell cuz they raised the price of burritos lol

That's a great mugshot he has there.

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TexasGE » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Wow - that's crazy! Keep it Classy San Antonio :wink:

Tonio
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Tonio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Not a single acceptance or scholarship notification???? what gives

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Tonio wrote:Not a single acceptance or scholarship notification???? what gives

Maybe they're waiting to unload them all on us at one time. Like 6:00pm as they head out the door.

Tonio
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Tonio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:38 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
Tonio wrote:Not a single acceptance or scholarship notification???? what gives

Maybe they're waiting to unload them all on us at one time. Like 6:00pm as they head out the door.


Honestly id rather them unload them all simultaneously then sparatically. The worst is that "i got it" "i got accepted" blah blah and you sit there with nothing and ask why God hates you

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Tonio wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
Tonio wrote:Not a single acceptance or scholarship notification???? what gives

Maybe they're waiting to unload them all on us at one time. Like 6:00pm as they head out the door.


Honestly id rather them unload them all simultaneously then sparatically. The worst is that "i got it" "i got accepted" blah blah and you sit there with nothing and ask why God hates you

I know how you feel, man.

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TexasGE » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Tonio wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
Tonio wrote:Not a single acceptance or scholarship notification???? what gives

Maybe they're waiting to unload them all on us at one time. Like 6:00pm as they head out the door.


Honestly id rather them unload them all simultaneously then sparatically. The worst is that "i got it" "i got accepted" blah blah and you sit there with nothing and ask why God hates you


Agreed.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Hey, this may not be the correct place to ask this question, as we're all 0Ls, but does anybody know if STCL's legal writing is pass/fail or graded?

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm

please STCL just tell me if I got in or not, Im probably going to pay close to sticker anyway at any school. I just need to know if I got in.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Graded

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby upfish » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm

txadv11 wrote:Graded


Ick.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm

txadv11 wrote:Graded

Okay, that's what I was guessing, I just wanted to make sure.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:55 pm

upfish wrote:
txadv11 wrote:Graded


Ick.

I'm not excited about that, but we'll manage (right?).

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TexasGE » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Anyone else here also waiting on a decision from UH? Grrrr...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], guybourdin, Harry Ass Truman, Keilz, oliviaj_j, spookyg_g_ghost and 20 guests