South Texas 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txag10 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:39 pm

I went there not for the preview day, but for a visit and sat in on a land use class. The buildings are actually good; the library was not bad like I expected. Additionally, its close to the court so.

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txag10 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:40 pm

In via email today. No info on scholarships.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TT09 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

txag10 wrote:In via email today. No info on scholarships.


Really!? I didn't think they were even reviewing apps. until Feb. 15th...wild. Congratulations, btw. Did your status checker change or anything?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TT09 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Anybody else hear anything? Just 1 person so far? I submitted the day the application came out, so I was hoping to hear back pretty much the first day decisions rolled out. Perhaps that was a bit optimistic :lol:

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:02 pm

txag10 wrote:In via email today. No info on scholarships.

congrats!

I am seriously thinking this is my top choice now, given my WL at Tech that has sat there for 2 months...

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txag10 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 pm

My situation was a little different. My pre-law advisor informed Tech (who waitlisted me as well) and STCL that I needed to hear something soon because there wasn't much time left to switch my Marine Corps contract from ground to law. I'm assuming because of her help, STCL reviewed my early...hopefully Tech will soon too.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TT09 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:06 pm

txag10 wrote:My situation was a little different. My pre-law advisor informed Tech (who waitlisted me as well) and STCL that I needed to hear something soon because there wasn't much time left to switch my Marine Corps contract from ground to law. I'm assuming because of her help, STCL reviewed my early...hopefully Tech will soon too.


Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Like I said, I didn't think they were even beginning to review until mid-Feb. Regardless, congratulations on your acceptance!

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Yeah I was surprised when you said that because last week they told me it'd be a few weeks before the first decisions.

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txag10 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 pm

That's what I thought, so I haven't really ever checked the status checker. I checked my email first, and there it was. The status checker will say at first like "Decision rendered-check email," but I just looked at it again and it now says "Admitted-decision notification emailed."

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TexasGE » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:55 pm

How long did it take for South Texas to receive your application? I submitted mine on 1/27/11 and have not heard a peep......

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txag10 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 pm

TexasGE wrote:How long did it take for South Texas to receive your application? I submitted mine on 1/27/11 and have not heard a peep......

I went complete in the beginning of december. They're supposedly not going over applications until the app deadline (feb 15?).

roarthur
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby roarthur » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:13 am

Have they already been reviewing applications so that they can begin sending decisions on the 15th or do they not even look at the files until the 15th? Just trying to gauge when decisions will come in.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 am

I was told that decisions would begin going out "in a several weeks"---which was two weeks ago.

ballboy899
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby ballboy899 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I just got accepted..so I guess decisions are starting to go out today!

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TT09 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:25 pm

ballboy899 wrote:I just got accepted..so I guess decisions are starting to go out today!


Nice! How did you find out?

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:28 pm

ballboy899 wrote:I just got accepted..so I guess decisions are starting to go out today!

Did your status checker ever change to Under Review?

And congrats!

User avatar
emhellmer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby emhellmer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:28 pm

In Via e-mail 5 minutes ago. Complete 1/4/11.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:32 pm

emhellmer wrote:In Via e-mail 5 minutes ago. Complete 1/4/11.

Congrats!

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby TT09 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:32 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
emhellmer wrote:In Via e-mail 5 minutes ago. Complete 1/4/11.

Congrats!


+1

ballboy899
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby ballboy899 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:33 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
ballboy899 wrote:I just got accepted..so I guess decisions are starting to go out today!

Did your status checker ever change to Under Review?

And congrats!


I can't remember if it did. I don't think so. I just got an email telling me I was accepted and then checked my status checker and it said I was admitted. My numbers really aren't good enough to warrant me a decision over another applicant so I'm guessing a lot of people will be hearing back shortly.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:35 pm

ballboy899 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
ballboy899 wrote:I just got accepted..so I guess decisions are starting to go out today!

Did your status checker ever change to Under Review?

And congrats!


I can't remember if it did. I don't think so. I just got an email telling me I was accepted and then checked my status checker and it said I was admitted. My numbers really aren't good enough to warrant me a decision over another applicant so I'm guessing a lot of people will be hearing back shortly.

I'm know that they have said that they don't go by date complete, but when did you go complete?

ballboy899
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby ballboy899 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
ballboy899 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
ballboy899 wrote:I just got accepted..so I guess decisions are starting to go out today!

Did your status checker ever change to Under Review?

And congrats!


I can't remember if it did. I don't think so. I just got an email telling me I was accepted and then checked my status checker and it said I was admitted. My numbers really aren't good enough to warrant me a decision over another applicant so I'm guessing a lot of people will be hearing back shortly.

I'm know that they have said that they don't go by date complete, but when did you go complete?



I know I'm really no help right now but I don't remember that either lol
I did submit my application on the first day it opened up though. 11/1 I believe.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Admitted today via email.

168/2.75, complete on 1/18.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

upfish wrote:Admitted today via email.

168/2.75, complete on 1/18.

Congrats!

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby upfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
upfish wrote:Admitted today via email.

168/2.75, complete on 1/18.

Congrats!


Thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”