South Texas 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
merc280

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:28 pm

I think quite a few decisions might go out today.

gigemgirl12

Postby gigemgirl12 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:31 pm

softenedheart404 wrote:
gigemgirl12 wrote:
TexasGE wrote:^^^ Congrats!!!! I am still on App Complete.......I am so sick of WAITING! :( Lucy did you apply FT/PT?

I'm sick of waiting too :( I called this morning and the guy said they were in the midst of making final decisions. He also said not to worry about people being pulled off the wl as the apps are reviewed completely at random. Somehow this did not bring me comfort.

IDK what's special about today but every e-mail I get is making my heart jump extra hard. I guess because a lot of deposits were due, but if they do in fact review in a completely random fashion that shouldn't be a factor in my anxiety.

I called today as well, asking them when decisions would be made. The lady said now through mid-may. Not much comfort to add here for those who are still on App Complete (like me)....completely random? There's no such thing unless a computer generates it :roll: and if that's the case we are all subject to lady luck. I feel like some sort of pawn...

*pulls hair out of head*

It's crap- there's no way they can go through this process completely at random while admitting off of the wait list while others are still App Complete. There are too many factors that would totally screw the process. I appreciate their effort in trying to provide comfort but unless they can explain to me how the 'at random' process works w/out filling their seats too quickly/slowly/with less than desirable numbers I am going to assume my app is in a pre-sorted pile. Or perhaps disappeared into an STCL unreviewed app suck zone from which there is no recovery.

softenedheart404

Postby softenedheart404 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:37 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:
softenedheart404 wrote:
gigemgirl12 wrote:
TexasGE wrote:^^^ Congrats!!!! I am still on App Complete.......I am so sick of WAITING! :( Lucy did you apply FT/PT?

I'm sick of waiting too :( I called this morning and the guy said they were in the midst of making final decisions. He also said not to worry about people being pulled off the wl as the apps are reviewed completely at random. Somehow this did not bring me comfort.

IDK what's special about today but every e-mail I get is making my heart jump extra hard. I guess because a lot of deposits were due, but if they do in fact review in a completely random fashion that shouldn't be a factor in my anxiety.

I called today as well, asking them when decisions would be made. The lady said now through mid-may. Not much comfort to add here for those who are still on App Complete (like me)....completely random? There's no such thing unless a computer generates it :roll: and if that's the case we are all subject to lady luck. I feel like some sort of pawn...

*pulls hair out of head*

It's crap- there's no way they can go through this process completely at random while admitting off of the wait list while others are still App Complete. There are too many factors that would totally screw the process. I appreciate their effort in trying to provide comfort but unless they can explain to me how the 'at random' process works w/out filling their seats too quickly/slowly/with less than desirable numbers I am going to assume my app is in a pre-sorted pile. Or perhaps disappeared into an STCL unreviewed app suck zone from which there is no recovery.

Well, I would 100% believe they have "priority group" then a "maybe/backup group" and a "no-way-in hell group"

I mean, I know I'm not in the priority group. If we're in there, we would know it by now. :-/

h0peful

Postby h0peful » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:45 pm

roarthur wrote:Just got in off the waitlist today. What a relief.

How'd you hear? Email? Status check? Phone call?

I'm still hoping to get off the waitlist!!

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:47 pm

I wish they would just go to no way in hell group and give out rejections. At least then i can start apartment hunting.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:50 pm

h0peful wrote:
roarthur wrote:Just got in off the waitlist today. What a relief.

How'd you hear? Email? Status check? Phone call?

I'm still hoping to get off the waitlist!!

It's probably safe to say that nearly all of STCL's notifications come via email.

lucygirl

Postby lucygirl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:53 pm

gigemgirl12 wrote:
softenedheart404 wrote:
gigemgirl12 wrote:

*pulls hair out of head*

It really doesn't make sense. My friend was waitlisted and accepted 3 days later..... The whole point of being WL is to see if the admitted students withdraw or make a deposit so how can you get accepted off a WL without all the decisions being made? Definitely sketchy.

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Ummmmm very very sketchy!! :evil:

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:49 pm

very sketchy and so annoying. Man if they had given my decision, i'd know whether I should still be posting in this thread, or overpopulating the St. mary's thread with posts.

benzarden

Postby benzarden » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 pm

merc280 wrote:very sketchy and so annoying. Man if they had given my decision, i'd know whether I should still be posting in this thread, or overpopulating the St. mary's thread with posts.

Well let us know either way. I haven't read anyone who has said they have gotten denied, which may be due to frustration/embarassment (though how can you be embarassed behind an avatar), or may be due to the fact that STCL hasn't issued any denial letters and is just waiting until the end to deny people.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:56 pm

benzarden wrote:
merc280 wrote:very sketchy and so annoying. Man if they had given my decision, i'd know whether I should still be posting in this thread, or overpopulating the St. mary's thread with posts.

Well let us know either way. I haven't read anyone who has said they have gotten denied, which may be due to frustration/embarassment (though how can you be embarassed behind an avatar), or may be due to the fact that STCL hasn't issued any denial letters and is just waiting until the end to deny people.

They've dinged a few people, but not that many.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:58 pm

so that means that they pretty much wait till the last second to send out their few admits and many many denials?

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Good luck to each and every single one of you still waiting! I was basically made an offer that would cut my debt load substantially, to attend another school. Seriously, after applying to like 20+ schools, this was probably the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. I really think STCL is an excellent school, and you guys/girls are making a solid decision. The rankings are arbitrary, but I really think STCL deserves at top 100 spot, or better.
The campus was very nice, teachers experts in the field they teach, and students appear to be going on a successful path. I'd kill to be able to attend with a similar offer that I have elsewhere, but unfortunately my negotiations were unsuccessful. I hope someone from this group can "get" my spot, and I'll still check back in here to see whats going on.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:23 pm

txadv11 wrote:Good luck to each and every single one of you still waiting! I was basically made an offer that would cut my debt load substantially, to attend another school. Seriously, after applying to like 20+ schools, this was probably the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. I really think STCL is an excellent school, and you guys/girls are making a solid decision. The rankings are arbitrary, but I really think STCL deserves at top 100 spot, or better.
The campus was very nice, teachers experts in the field they teach, and students appear to be going on a successful path. I'd kill to be able to attend with a similar offer that I have elsewhere, but unfortunately my negotiations were unsuccessful. I hope someone from this group can "get" my spot, and I'll still check back in here to see whats going on.

headed to LSU?

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:30 pm

merc280 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:Good luck to each and every single one of you still waiting! I was basically made an offer that would cut my debt load substantially, to attend another school. Seriously, after applying to like 20+ schools, this was probably the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. I really think STCL is an excellent school, and you guys/girls are making a solid decision. The rankings are arbitrary, but I really think STCL deserves at top 100 spot, or better.

headed to LSU?

Tulsa, actually. I had a substantial scholarship there, and when my parents said they could help out on part of the remaining tuition, it was an offer I couldn't refuse.
I really, truly, think you guys are at a fine school, if the money gap was even close, I'd probably chose STCL over anywhere else. I struggled with this big-time.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:32 pm

txadv11 wrote:
merc280 wrote:

headed to LSU?

Tulsa, actually. I had a substantial scholarship there, and when my parents said they could help out on part of the remaining tuition, it was an offer I couldn't refuse.
I really, truly, think you guys are at a fine school, if the money gap was even close, I'd probably chose STCL over anywhere else. I struggled with this big-time.

Congrats on making a decision. hope all goes well.

benzarden

Postby benzarden » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Yeah, congrats and thank you for opening a spot. STCL send me my decision damnit!

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:48 pm

benzarden wrote:Yeah, congrats and thank you for opening a spot. STCL send me my decision damnit!

a positive decision please.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 pm

all this waiting makes me think I should have worked a bit harder for better grades so I could be an auto admit.

txag10

Postby txag10 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm most likely going to withdraw on Monday, which opens up a spot and opens up a scholarship.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 pm

txag10 wrote:I'm most likely going to withdraw on Monday, which opens up a spot and opens up a scholarship.

Tech came through for you? Congrats on that, if so.

txag10

Postby txag10 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txag10 wrote:I'm most likely going to withdraw on Monday, which opens up a spot and opens up a scholarship.

Yup, and gave me in-state tuition. I'm still debating, but it's likely Tech. STCL is still a great school though, and I'm not into Lubbock obviously being an Aggie so I'm still deciding.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:11 pm

txag10 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Yup, and gave me in-state tuition. I'm still debating, but it's likely Tech. STCL is still a great school though, and I'm not into Lubbock obviously being an Aggie so I'm still deciding.

Hey, in-state tuition is a great deal at Tech, and Lubbock isn't that bad, you'd get to see the Ags BTHO tech twice while you're in law school. :wink:

txag10

Postby txag10 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:22 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txag10 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Hey, in-state tuition is a great deal at Tech, and Lubbock isn't that bad, you'd get to see the Ags BTHO tech twice while you're in law school. :wink:

I'd have to also remove any a&m sticker off my car...

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 pm

txag10 wrote:I'd have to also remove any a&m sticker off my car...

Yeah, there is that....But it is a very pretty campus, much more visually appealing than A&M is.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”