South Texas 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
maxm2764

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 am

Mce252 wrote: academics and tradition.

lol. Aggies always revert to their "tradition". If tradition means a bunch of guys who like to dress up together and act like they're in any way affiliated with the military, then yes, you've got a whole bunch of tradition.

As far as LSU domination, when was A&M's last national championship? Thought so.

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:59 am

maxm2764 wrote:
Mce252 wrote: academics and tradition.

lol. Aggies always revert to their "tradition". If tradition means a bunch of guys who like to dress up together and act like they're in any way affiliated with the military, then yes, you've got a whole bunch of tradition.

As far as LSU domination, when was A&M's last national championship? Thought so.

Well many of those "guys" have their names written on the walls of our student center because they died in uniform. Yeah, I guess dressing up together is what you could call it.

maxm2764

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 am

/argument.

To be honest with you Mce, I like A&M. My s/o is finishing there in May and a lot of my closest friends go there as well. I hope there's no bad blood between us because we're both about to go through hell come August together Aggie, Tiger, or otherwise!

But I've still got to say it, Geaux Tigers.

benzarden

Postby benzarden » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 am

Aggies, nice cheerleaders!

And lighten up, don't be so burnt orange with envy ;)

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am

Beestinga wrote:wow. look at what I started.
Still no word...
the Law School Numbers site makes me think I'm a likely yes, but nobody on there has a ugpa quite as bad as mine.
We'll see.

I'm your numbers twin and I got in, but I'm URM, so take that as you will. But I still think you're in, but no money if you do get in.

scherian11

Postby scherian11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:35 am

gigemgirl12 wrote:
scherian11 wrote:Hey guys just got the good news of being accepted into STCL! Kind of weird because I got wl'd on Friday but then accepted today, but i'll take it. Now I have to decide between Loyola NO or STCL?

What are your numbers if you don't mind? I'm still "Application Complete"

I was a 151/3.5

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 am

maxm2764 wrote:Image

/argument.

To be honest with you Mce, I like A&M. My s/o is finishing there in May and a lot of my closest friends go there as well. I hope there's no bad blood between us because we're both about to go through hell come August together Aggie, Tiger, or otherwise!

That was a great game you brought up, btw. Down 27-24 with a minute left, Tech came back and beat aggy at the end with like a 40-yd. TD from Graham Harrell to Robert Johnson. Was so sick.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 am

TT09 wrote:

/argument.

That was a great game you brought up, btw. Down 27-24 with a minute left, Tech came back and beat aggy at the end with like a 40-yd. TD from Graham Harrell to Robert Johnson. Was so sick.

That game was painful to watch. But conversely, the last two games against tceh have been great affairs.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:10 am

jacketman03 wrote:
TT09 wrote:

/argument.

That game was painful to watch. But conversely, the last two games against tceh have been great affairs.

It's cool. Tech had beaten aggy 11 out of the 15 previous times. I suppose A&M is allowed to win every now and then, right?

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 am

TT09 wrote:It's cool. TECH had beaten aggy 11 out of the 15 previous times. I suppose A&M is allowed to win every now and then, right?

You might wanna make sure your male cheerleaders learn how to spell that :wink:
--ImageRemoved--

Interesting note, as of last Thanksgiving, A&M has a winning streak over every D-1A football team in the state of Texas, from 1 over tu to 24 over TCU.

But seriously, I kinda hope a good chunk of us are in the same section this fall, it will make weekends (and Mondays) fun.

benzarden

Postby benzarden » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

1 game is not considered a "winning streak". Haven't you ever seen Major League? :)

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 am

jacketman03 wrote:
TT09 wrote:It's cool. TECH had beaten aggy 11 out of the 15 previous times. I suppose A&M is allowed to win every now and then, right?

You might wanna make sure your male cheerleaders learn how to spell that :wink:
--ImageRemoved--

Interesting note, as of last Thanksgiving, A&M has a winning streak over every D-1A football team in the state of Texas, from 1 over tu to 24 over TCU.

But seriously, I kinda hope a good chunk of us are in the same section this fall, it will make weekends (and Mondays) fun.

At least our male cheerleaders don't do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtoaa9U ... re=related

Nothing like telling Joe Pa to stay on his deathbed, right? Oh, by the way, who won that game? ;)

And yeah, the weekends are going to be killer if some of us sports fanatics get in the same section.

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 am

benzarden wrote:1 game is not considered a "winning streak". Haven't you ever seen Major League? :)

Touche.

Edit:
TT09 wrote:At least our male cheerleaders don't do this: --LinkRemoved-- ... re=related

Nothing like telling Joe Pa to stay on his deathbed, right? Oh, by the way, who won that game?

And yeah, the weekends are going to be killer if some of us sports fanatics get in the same section.

He apologized, and yeah, bowl games are not exactly our forte lately.
Last edited by jacketman03 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 am

benzarden wrote:1 game is not considered a "winning streak". Haven't you ever seen Major League? :)

+1 LOL

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:26 am

jacketman03 wrote:

Touche.

Edit:
TT09 wrote:At least our male cheerleaders don't do this: --LinkRemoved-- ... re=related

Nothing like telling Joe Pa to stay on his deathbed, right? Oh, by the way, who won that game?

It's all good. Bowl games aren't a lot of teams forte's to be honest. By the way, speaking of sports and looking at your 'tar, the Rangers are beyond hot right now. Best team in baseball?

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 am

TT09 wrote:It's all good. Bowl games aren't a lot of teams forte's to be honest. By the way, speaking of sports and looking at your 'tar, the Rangers are beyond hot right now. Best team in baseball?

On track for 146 wins! And I'd say right now they are, I'm just a little worried about a cool down, but I don't see it happening with the lineup and the way the rotation is going.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 am

jacketman03 wrote:
TT09 wrote:It's all good. Bowl games aren't a lot of teams forte's to be honest. By the way, speaking of sports and looking at your 'tar, the Rangers are beyond hot right now. Best team in baseball?

On track for 146 wins! And I'd say right now they are, I'm just a little worried about a cool down, but I don't see it happening with the lineup and the way the rotation is going.

Um, so, how freakin' good does Alexi Ogando look right now? Kid has dynamite stuff; the offense is the best in baseball, it's just the rotation that's the question mark, although as you've pointed out, they are clicking on all cylinders right now. Wish my Astros were that good :cry:

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:36 am

TT09 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Touche.

Edit:

It's all good. Bowl games aren't a lot of teams forte's to be honest. By the way, speaking of sports and looking at your 'tar, the Rangers are beyond hot right now. Best team in baseball?

Maybe so, but there might be another honorable mention as of lately:

--LinkRemoved--

jacketman03

Postby jacketman03 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

TT09 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Um, so, how freakin' good does Alexi Ogando look right now? Kid has dynamite stuff; the offense is the best in baseball, it's just the rotation that's the question mark, although as you've pointed out, they are clicking on all cylinders right now. Wish my Astros were that good :cry:

Yeah, if Ogando keeps this up, then I will become perfectly fine with Feliz becoming Mariano Rivera 2.0. Yeah, sorry about the Astros.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 am

Mce252 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Touche.

Edit:

Maybe so, but there might be another honorable mention as of lately:

--LinkRemoved--

Wow, that's awesome bro. You won a series in baseball. Y'all should probably be crowned Big XII champs, huh? And beating Tech in baseball lately isn't much to brag about; kinda like beating your football team over the past decade or so...Sorry, I had to. It was right there.
Last edited by TT09 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am

jacketman03 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:

Yeah, if Ogando keeps this up, then I will become perfectly fine with Feliz becoming Mariano Rivera 2.0. Yeah, sorry about the Astros.

Eh, it's cool, jacket. You know how baseball is, it works in cycles. I'm sure in about 5 years or so (hopefully), they'll be back to form...right? I mean, RIGHT!? Sorry, it just frustrates me to think they it could be a looooooong time before they are even respectable again. At least I'm not a Pirates fan, though...

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am

Haha, if we win it's no good because y'all suck too much, but if you win, it's just business as usual. Sound about right?

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:51 am

Mce252 wrote:Haha, if we win it's no good because y'all suck too much, but if you win, it's just business as usual. Sound about right?

Exactly. An aggy win is always garbage. :mrgreen:

EDIT: That's a joke, btw. And your football team this year is going to be good. Real good.

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:59 am

Sorry to break the sports talk... but this is my last day to freak out (Tulsa wants the 400 bucks today)

Tech hasn't come through (WL), so for now, last day to commit to Tulsa with a 50% scholy..., or send the money to STCL.
STCL= 50 *3yrs= $150,000
--PROs: Texas school, specialization in what I want to do. Houston Market, supposedly higher starting salary. Professors in areas I like.
--CONs: Huge class size making "top 10%" more difficult, extra 45-50K debt. Administration.

TUL.= 36 *3yrs= $108,000
--PROs: Very small 1L class size, greater chance to excel, saves 40-50K debt. Good Administrative staff
--CONs: Oklahoma. Lack of a specialization or program I like. Don't like the atmosphere. Tuition may rise 10-20% per yr.

WWJD?

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:03 pm

txadv11 wrote:Sorry to break the sports talk... but this is my last day to freak out (Tulsa wants the 400 bucks today)

Tech hasn't come through (WL), so for now, last day to commit to Tulsa with a 50% scholy..., or send the money to STCL.
STCL= 50 *3yrs= $150,000
--PROs: Texas school, specialization in what I want to do. Houston Market, supposedly higher starting salary. Professors in areas I like.
--CONs: Huge class size making "top 10%" more difficult, extra 45-50K debt. Administration.

TUL.= 36 *3yrs= $108,000
--PROs: Very small 1L class size, greater chance to excel, saves 40-50K debt. Good Administrative staff
--CONs: Oklahoma. Lack of a specialization or program I like. Don't like the atmosphere. Tuition may rise 10-20% per yr.

WWJD?

Is it statistically sound to say that making a certain ranking is harder when there is a larger class size? Wouldn't the only thing that would change your placement in the rankings be that the overall class at one of the schools is better performing than the other? If you have an evenly spread group of 100 students compared to 500, with the same general abilities, doesn't the difference come out in the wash?

I may be wrong here, but just wanted to ask.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”