South Texas 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 pm

dtown16 wrote:So does STCL send acceptance/denial emails or do they inform you via status checker?

both.
status checker came first for me

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Tech's tuition is going up +$4000, shit.
With the TEG, STCL may be cheaper.

COL is still worse though.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:21 pm

dtown16 wrote:So does STCL send acceptance/denial emails or do they inform you via status checker?

Status Checker, then email.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 pm

txadv11 wrote:Tech's tuition is going up +$4000, shit.
With the TEG, STCL may be cheaper.

COL is still worse though.

Ouch. That #117 rank must be going to their head.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:25 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:Tech's tuition is going up +$4000, shit.
With the TEG, STCL may be cheaper.

COL is still worse though.

Ouch. That #117 rank must be going to their head.


(eagerly awaits STCLs fall 11 costs)

ballboy899
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby ballboy899 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Withdrew the other day so good luck to those trying to still get in

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:29 pm

txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:Tech's tuition is going up +$4000, shit.
With the TEG, STCL may be cheaper.

COL is still worse though.

Ouch. That #117 rank must be going to their head.


(eagerly awaits STCLs fall 11 costs)

When you're paying as much as we're gonna be paying, what's another couple thousand added to the ball and chain?

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:29 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:Tech's tuition is going up +$4000, shit.
With the TEG, STCL may be cheaper.

COL is still worse though.

Ouch. That #117 rank must be going to their head.


(eagerly awaits STCLs fall 11 costs)

When you're paying as much as we're gonna be paying, what's another couple thousand added to the ball and chain?


Hitting a "cap" and having to go to loan sharks, or worse, adjustable private loans.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 pm

txadv11 wrote:
Hitting a "cap" and having to go to loan sharks, or worse, adjustable private loans.

True, but the grad plus will float you til you his the COA, and we get the TEG to knock off a few thousand.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 pm

From the TX Tech thread just now:
wreckem wrote:Even for public schools, students are(possibly should change that to were) eligible for up to a $4000 TPEG grant. Budgeting issues in Austin is going to cut the number TEG and TPEG grants down by a considerable amount.


What the F---.

Is there ANY other way we can get screwed here?

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:58 pm

still on app complete.

roarthur
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby roarthur » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:14 pm

merc280 wrote:haha this is nice. we all made deposits to st. mary's and are still waiting on stcl, and UH. If we dont get into stcl, we can sit in san antonio and reminisce about the long wait, either that or sit in houston and hate on stcl's admissions committee.



I didn't even notice your name on the other thread haha but I am only waiting on STCL. No UH for me.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

roarthur wrote:
merc280 wrote:haha this is nice. we all made deposits to st. mary's and are still waiting on stcl, and UH. If we dont get into stcl, we can sit in san antonio and reminisce about the long wait, either that or sit in houston and hate on stcl's admissions committee.



I didn't even notice your name on the other thread haha but I am only waiting on STCL. No UH for me.



oh okay. I just realized that there are alot of similar people in the texas school threads.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 pm

merc280 wrote:
roarthur wrote:
merc280 wrote:haha this is nice. we all made deposits to st. mary's and are still waiting on stcl, and UH. If we dont get into stcl, we can sit in san antonio and reminisce about the long wait, either that or sit in houston and hate on stcl's admissions committee.



I didn't even notice your name on the other thread haha but I am only waiting on STCL. No UH for me.



oh okay. I just realized that there are alot of similar people in the texas school threads.

This. The only thread I'm not in on is St. Mary's, since I didn't feel like dropping $55 for their app.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:20 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:
roarthur wrote:
merc280 wrote:haha this is nice. we all made deposits to st. mary's and are still waiting on stcl, and UH. If we dont get into stcl, we can sit in san antonio and reminisce about the long wait, either that or sit in houston and hate on stcl's admissions committee.



I didn't even notice your name on the other thread haha but I am only waiting on STCL. No UH for me.



oh okay. I just realized that there are alot of similar people in the texas school threads.

This. The only thread I'm not in on is St. Mary's, since I didn't feel like dropping $55 for their app.



yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:26 pm

merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 pm

i think top wesleyan grads might have better job opportunities than the st. mary's grads since dallas is pretty big.

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:42 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

Anti Baylor trolling lol

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:43 pm

txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

Anti Baylor trolling lol



well baylor has always been amongst the UH, SMU group, but not alot of light is shed on it, since its grads place everywhere evenly because waco doesn't have a big market.

User avatar
jacketman03
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby jacketman03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:44 pm

txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

Anti Baylor trolling lol

Haha, I did forget them, huh? They're there with SMU and UH, but about a half step behind them.

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby Mce252 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:52 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

Anti Baylor trolling lol

Haha, I did forget them, huh? They're there with SMU and UH, but about a half step behind them.




UT, SMU, and U of H are the only Texas schools in the top 50 U.S. law schools for number of graduates hired by the top 250 largest firms. This is my standard of approval.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby merc280 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:58 pm

I know preplanning transferring is looked down upon, but top 5% at wesleyan. what are the chances at transferring to UT?

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:05 pm

merc280 wrote:I know preplanning transferring is looked down upon, but top 5% at wesleyan. what are the chances at transferring to UT?

Top 5 at most top 10. I'd really say top 5

abcd
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 am

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby abcd » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 pm

txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

Anti Baylor trolling lol


I'm really torn b/w Wesleyan and STCL. So why is Wesleyan a better choice?

User avatar
txadv11
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: South Texas 2011

Postby txadv11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:28 pm

abcd wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
jacketman03 wrote:
merc280 wrote:yeah, turns out I might actually have to go there. would you group wesleyan and st.mary's in the same light? or would wesleyan be alittle better since its in a big market, with only smu grads?

My grouping of the Texas schools has always been UT, SMU/UH, Tech/STCL, Texas Wesleyan/St. Mary's, then TSU. So yes.

Anti Baylor trolling lol


I'm really torn b/w Wesleyan and STCL. So why is Wesleyan a better choice?

On the iPhone at the moment. I've been to tx Wes probably 5 times for differing reasons. And stcl once plus another event. So I can help you out in detail when I get home.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests