South Texas 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
doubleL

New

Re: South Texas 2011

Post by doubleL » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:57 pm

abcd wrote:
doubleL wrote:This wait is absolutely killing me. march 10th. Still complete and now word that decisions are being handed out this week....
UGGGGGHHHHHH
And STCL is one of my top choices. grr...
"now word that decisions are being handed out this week" says who?
no* word from LSN or tls, as there have been before. Its not an official thing by any means, just mere observation

abcd

New

Post by abcd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:15 pm

doubleL wrote:
abcd wrote:
doubleL wrote:This wait is absolutely killing me. march 10th. Still complete and now word that decisions are being handed out this week....
UGGGGGHHHHHH
And STCL is one of my top choices. grr...
"now word that decisions are being handed out this week" says who?
no* word from LSN or tls, as there have been before. Its not an official thing by any means, just mere observation
Oh okayy! Just checkin, i got excited for a sec!

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I know - it's weird not one report of a decision this week, right?? COME ON!!!

Tonio

Bronze

Post by Tonio » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Misery loves company. Its one thing to be miserable alone but in every persons heart deep down even though they wont admit it, it feels good to know others are suffering with you

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:46 pm

I feel bad worrying about scholarship when you guys are still waiting for a decision, but finances drive a huge part of my decision.
I'm wanting them to move things along just as much as you though!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

doubleL

New

Post by doubleL » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:52 pm

txadv11 wrote:I feel bad worrying about scholarship when you guys are still waiting for a decision, but finances drive a huge part of my decision.
I'm wanting them to move things along just as much as you though!
Well, I hope you get some kind of scholarship, big or small. With that said, I also hope, hope hope hope, that I get an admit. With each day that passes, I fall more in love with STCL. I really do. Waiting so long makes me very nervous, even though I am a competitive candidate. Makes me think, "oh, they're sitting on my app because im not quite good enough," or some other depressing notion. On the other hand, I think they're just slow and do not rely on rolling admission-- so they just pick randomly.

Tonio

Bronze

Post by Tonio » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 pm

each day you fall more in love with South Texas? i loathe them more every hour, and everytime i glance at the right corner of the screen after loggin into the status checker and see the beginning of the words application complete i feel like breaking something.

OoOLaLa

New

Post by OoOLaLa » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Tonio wrote:each day you fall more in love with South Texas? i loathe them more every hour, and everytime i glance at the right corner of the screen after loggin into the status checker and see the beginning of the words application complete i feel like breaking something.
LOL. I'm trying not to log in until Fridays, but I haven't done a good job considering the fact that I've logged in over 4 times today!

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Tonio wrote:each day you fall more in love with South Texas? i loathe them more every hour, and everytime i glance at the right corner of the screen after loggin into the status checker and see the beginning of the words application complete i feel like breaking something.
HAHA - I hate seeing App... - UGH

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:15 pm

TexasGE wrote:
Keep checking someone just posted an admit on LSN for today's date.

On another note, am I the only one here that isn't working or in school? I'm so ready to start school already! :roll:

Tmann3319

New

Post by Tmann3319 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Got accepted to STCL, I heard from them this morning around 11!

FutureLitigator27

New

Post by FutureLitigator27 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 pm

txadv11 wrote:
TexasGE wrote:

On another note, am I the only one here that isn't working or in school? I'm so ready to start school already! :roll:
I am working part time and already started learning about civil procedure and contracts. I can't wait either!

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 pm

FutureLitigator27 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:
TexasGE wrote:

I am working part time and already started learning about civil procedure and contracts. I can't wait either!
You gunner you! :wink: Just kidding! Yeah I'm still debating whether or not to do "0L" prep. I'll probably not do very much substantive prep, but I'm going to do a ton of other stuff (workout habit, get a budget going, order books early, learn a notetaking software etc

Sure would be nice to know when ASW is to....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:51 pm

txadv11 wrote:You gunner you! :wink: Just kidding! Yeah I'm still debating whether or not to do "0L" prep. I'll probably not do very much substantive prep, but I'm going to do a ton of other stuff (workout habit, get a budget going, order books early, learn a notetaking software etc

I'm thinking of maybe reading some of the "how to succeed in law school" books, but I think that's about it as far as I'm gonna do prep-wise.

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 pm

jacketman03 wrote:
txadv11 wrote:You gunner you! :wink: Just kidding! Yeah I'm still debating whether or not to do "0L" prep. I'll probably not do very much substantive prep, but I'm going to do a ton of other stuff (workout habit, get a budget going, order books early, learn a notetaking software etc

I'm thinking of maybe reading some of the "how to succeed in law school" books, but I think that's about it as far as I'm gonna do prep-wise.
I've enjoyed what I have so far: "Getting to Maybe" and "1L of a Ride"

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 pm

txadv11 wrote:I've enjoyed what I have so far: "Getting to Maybe" and "1L of a Ride"
I've heard good things about "Getting to Maybe," it's definitely on my summer reading list.

sceva31st

New

Post by sceva31st » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Tonio wrote:Regent sends me stuff on the reg. Florida coastal the most though i get this email like every other day "i have repeatedly attempted to contact you with offer of 10,000 dollar scholarship blah blah blah, please respond" gotten something like that atleast once month since i took my first lsat. Also this Mass school of law dartmouth or something i get them a ton as well. (not including the california crud) and some phoenix school. those are my top spammers
The Florida Costal spam got pretty annoying to me so I finally sent an email response to the author of the emails:

Nicole,

I have received your emails at my other email address over the past few weeks and I can confirm the information you have about me is correct. (She asked if my lsat score was XXX and if my gpa was X.XX and some other personal info acquired from LSAC)

Concerning the possibility that I may qualify for a $9,500 dollar scholarship at Florida Costal. I have already been accepted to Oklahoma City University School of Law with a $16,000 scholarship. Both law schools are similarly priced in tuition so it makes more sense for me to take OCU's offer as I am very concerned about the cost of law school.

I thank you for making me aware of the scholarship possibilities available for me at Florida Costal and I do apologize for the delay in response to your emails.

Sincerely,

Sceva31st

After I sent that email I haven't received anymore spam from Florida Costal...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

angie979

New

Post by angie979 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Tonio wrote:Something about seeing "application complete" that just makes me die inside. Id prefer it to be blank, or keep waiting, or we hate you. Maybe ive just seen it so many times, but lord knows i hate those words

Did you apply to Texas Tech? Tech was the only school that gave accurate status. First it said something like "The waiting begins" and later it changed to "We're almost there".

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 am

yup still complete here. I sure hope its soon. I do not want to send $300 to St. Mary's if I don't go there.

sceva31st

New

Post by sceva31st » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 am

angie979 wrote:
Tonio wrote:Something about seeing "application complete" that just makes me die inside. Id prefer it to be blank, or keep waiting, or we hate you. Maybe ive just seen it so many times, but lord knows i hate those words

Did you apply to Texas Tech? Tech was the only school that gave accurate status. First it said something like "The waiting begins" and later it changed to "We're almost there".
+1

roarthur

New

Post by roarthur » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:14 am

angie979 wrote:

I kind of take that negatively. I don't think law school admissions is something to be taken so lightly. Mine says "Patience is a virtue." I don't think joking about that is appropriate. I don't have any intentions of going to Texas Tech because I am ready to get out of this town but I see that as bringing light to a very tense situation. I don't know. I probably read too much in to that but I don't like it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:25 am

roarthur wrote:
angie979 wrote:

I kind of take that negatively. I don't think law school admissions is something to be taken so lightly. Mine says "Patience is a virtue." I don't think joking about that is appropriate. I don't have any intentions of going to Texas Tech because I am ready to get out of this town but I see that as bringing light to a very tense situation. I don't know. I probably read too much in to that but I don't like it.
I found it slightly amusing while I was in review, but then, when it changed to a decision it said something like "Hang in there! A letter is on it's way!" They seemed way to excited to ding me, so I didn't think it so nice at that point.

abcd

New

Post by abcd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 am

Wow that is kind of unprofessional.

Sooo today is Friday. The Friday before Spring Break. They really should let us know today. I honestly can't take this any longer!!

jacketman03

Silver

Post by jacketman03 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

abcd wrote:Wow that is kind of unprofessional.
Yeah, and it was during Super Bowl week, so with all the ice all over the state, it took me a week to get the letter.
Sooo today is Friday. The Friday before Spring Break. They really should let us know today. I honestly can't take this any longer!!
Here's hoping y'all get good news today!

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:59 am

Maybe they will crank out some decisions (and scholarships?) before the break, assuming they have one.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”