University of Utah 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Mosca » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am

lalala21 wrote:
bsm909 wrote:
lalala21 wrote:I have also been accepted and visited on Friday. I was really surprised by the whole experience. I am thinking about going back for admitted students day to meet you all and try to finalize my feeling(s) about the school!! :D


Mind sharing (or PM'ing) your numbers? Congrats on your acceptance!



160 & 3.5

Also some one else asked what my impressions were..... All the kids seemed laid back (as much as you can be in law school) and down to earth. I was really impressed by the fact that the prof of the class I was visiting took the time to meet with me before class and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. Since I want to school where I am more than just another student and/or number it seemed perfect.

Most of the kids are laid back here, and the professor meeting with you before class wasn't a recruiting tactic. They do the same thing when you're a student here.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Mosca » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Pink wrote:
Mosca wrote:
Pink wrote:Rosky :) Well hello there!

Hi! I hope you enjoyed the class. Rosky is one of my favorite professors.


I did! That seems to be the general consensus...that he rocks. I thought it was really interesting :)

I'm glad you liked it. I hope you decide to come here. Despite the generally poor facilities, this is an amazing school, and I'm glad I came here instead of the other schools I was considering.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Who out there still hasn't heard anything? For these people, when did you apply and did you have any date changes?

I'll start. Haha. Applied mid November. Went into review in January, but date remained my complete date. No news.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:09 pm

I got an email from the U today saying that there was a discrepancy in my FAFSA and registrar information regarding my degree status. As far as I can tell they are both the same, so I dont know what the issue is. I tried to call them but they are not open until noon. Now I have an hour of confusion and nervousness. ARGH.

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby tsutsik » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 pm

jdemmitt wrote:I got an email from the U today saying that there was a discrepancy in my FAFSA and registrar information regarding my degree status. As far as I can tell they are both the same, so I dont know what the issue is. I tried to call them but they are not open until noon. Now I have an hour of confusion and nervousness. ARGH.


I received the same email and have the same confusion. I don't know what the discrepancy might be.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 pm

I got it worked out. I guess the law school takes awhile to send all the information to the registrar so the registrar has the info wrong. I talked to the financial aid office and they said it will eventually get sent over and for now not to worry. It probably won't be til summer when they get all of it. In the meantime just chill, and it will get updated. It will not effect merit scholarships only need based.

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby tsutsik » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:11 pm

I think this question has been asked (and answered) about four times. But, I'm going to ask it in a slightly different way. Did anyone get the impression that the 15th is a (soft) deadline for the scholarship offers being out? Or, is the 15th when offers will start going out?

Sorry; I'm obsessing a bit.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:12 pm

tsutsik wrote:I think this question has been asked (and answered) about four times. But, I'm going to ask it in a slightly different way. Did anyone get the impression that the 15th is a (soft) deadline for the scholarship offers being out? Or, is the 15th when offers will start going out?

Sorry; I'm obsessing a bit.


From what I heard from multiple sources, the 15th is the date they will be offered. I dunno if that will be mail/e-mail/phone...? Don't stress til the 16th ;)

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby tsutsik » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Pink wrote:
tsutsik wrote:I think this question has been asked (and answered) about four times. But, I'm going to ask it in a slightly different way. Did anyone get the impression that the 15th is a (soft) deadline for the scholarship offers being out? Or, is the 15th when offers will start going out?

Sorry; I'm obsessing a bit.


From what I heard from multiple sources, the 15th is the date they will be offered. I dunno if that will be mail/e-mail/phone...? Don't stress til the 16th ;)


Thanks! As I hear back from more and more schools, all of my obsessive, nervous energy is focused like a laser on the few schools from which I'm waiting to hear. I need to apply to something else to redistribute it.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 pm

I thought they were being mailed out, but I could be wrong. I doubt they are phone calls unless it is is big money, like Pink.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:30 pm

jdemmitt wrote:I thought they were being mailed out, but I could be wrong. I doubt they are phone calls unless it is is big money, like Pink.

:?:

Lol. I just remember seeing on LSN last cycle that someone posted they had received a call from the dean offering them a scholly...so I don't know if that was a fluke or the norm.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

It is possible, dean reyes does enjoy his phone calls. I am suggesting you will get a good scholly cause of your superior numbers.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 pm

jdemmitt wrote:It is possible, dean reyes does enjoy his phone calls. I am suggesting you will get a good scholly cause of your superior numbers.


Awwww <3 I sure hope so! :) I'm sure you will as well!

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 pm

So anyone in my boat? haha- if you anyone out there reads this but doesn't like posting that hasn't heard anything (re: my post above) please feel free to PM me!

gugirl
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby gugirl » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm right with you bsm909. I applied the beginning of November, went into review in December and then it updated to March 1 and still haven't heard anything. My LSAT was 160 and GPA 3.75 I'm just at the frustrated point because my fiance is military and was just relocated to Salt Lake so this is pretty much my only option if I want to go to law school and be in the same city as him.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:35 pm

gugirl wrote:I'm right with you bsm909. I applied the beginning of November, went into review in December and then it updated to March 1 and still haven't heard anything. My LSAT was 160 and GPA 3.75 I'm just at the frustrated point because my fiance is military and was just relocated to Salt Lake so this is pretty much my only option if I want to go to law school and be in the same city as him.


Thanks for your comment! That is really strange- when was your last update? Any chance you applied to the other Utah school to increase the ability to stay here? That is so hard. You have a GPA they'd love and a good LSAT so I'm really surprised to hear that. I hope the fact we haven't been rejected or WL'd yet is a good thing...just odd! Keep me posted BTW and good luck to you!

clbarret
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby clbarret » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I am in the same boat too - I applied Dec. 1st and have been in review since (with diff. date changes). I feel like I am just waiting for the WL/rejection letter at this point :( Thought I had a chance: 160, 3.5, out-of-state female. Are they even giving out acceptances anymore?

Good luck to everyone else in my boat and hopefully we can join the rest of you with acceptances (or just know) :)

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for your comment. I'm not sure if they are in fact doing so, but based on info from last year, it looks like acceptances continued (that weren't posted as WL, Accepted) through March/April- so if they don't change anything, it may still happen. It just seems odd since you'd think they'd have people in Accept, Reject, WL by now....? Who really knows. I don't understand the process whatsoever.

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby IamAskier » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 pm

I think they're beginning the second round of admissions, so you guys will probably be updating pretty soon is my guess. According to my friend's cousin is a professor ON the ad board, there are 3 rounds, each consisting of acceptances, followed by rejections and WLs. Since the first rejections and WLs (myself included in the latter, FML) have gone out, I'm guess they're starting another round of review.

Again, this is mostly speculation, but thats my two cents.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Thanks Iamaskier. That makes sense. I guess I get stuck on the statement staying its rolling admissions and just understand that concept differently.

lalala21
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby lalala21 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:04 am

Soooo... I e mailed the professor of the class I visited to say thanks and to ask a few follow up questions about post grad jobs. Literally 30 seconds later he emails back and says to give him a call on his cell and just gave me his number. WOW. I mean this happens at my undergrad all the time.... but I never thought I would attend a LAW school where this happens... how cool right? Utah is definaley looking like it could be the school for me. :) Just thought I would share.....

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:28 pm

lalala21 wrote:Soooo... I e mailed the professor of the class I visited to say thanks and to ask a few follow up questions about post grad jobs. Literally 30 seconds later he emails back and says to give him a call on his cell and just gave me his number. WOW. I mean this happens at my undergrad all the time.... but I never thought I would attend a LAW school where this happens... how cool right? Utah is definaley looking like it could be the school for me. :) Just thought I would share.....


Sweet! The prof I talked to was very helpful as well!

And, through stalking of LSN from last year, it looks like scholly offers came via e-mail, so....I'm going back to compulsively checking my e-mail :D

bloobook
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bloobook » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:40 pm

.
Last edited by bloobook on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Hmmm, date updated to 3/8, no status now. Wonder if that's for scholly review? Hopes/prays/begs

User avatar
hrourke
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby hrourke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Pink wrote:Hmmm, date updated to 3/8, no status now. Wonder if that's for scholly review? Hopes/prays/begs


Same here Pink. I hope you're right about scholly review. :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, CaptKangaroo, Chipotle85, cyclawps, Finickywalrus, flowering, legallyadog, taxman14 and 12 guests