University of Utah 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby IamAskier » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 pm

bsm909 wrote:Another one on LSN.

Just saw... so random. The calls seem to be coming around 4 pm everyday.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 pm

A friend of mine was accepted today as well.

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby IamAskier » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:07 pm

How late in the day do you think they make calls? I'm guessing after 6pm is too late to be expecting one.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 pm

I assume their office closes at 5pm.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:17 pm

IamAskier wrote:How late in the day do you think they make calls? I'm guessing after 6pm is too late to be expecting one.



I believe the office is open from 3:50 to 4 as I Recall

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:46 pm

That would explain why it moves so slowly! :)


I believe the office is open from 3:50 to 4 as I Recall[/quote]

Hey Pink- what are your friends numbers and application date?

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:49 pm

No idea, I think a 158-ish LSAT and a 3.4-3.6 GPA.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Should have guessed it would be something that only deepened the mystery :) Good for him though! I'm happy things are moving for sure.

Pink wrote:No idea, I think a 158-ish LSAT and a 3.4-3.6 GPA.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Another on TLS-good luck to you all today! Hopefully we get a bunch of happy postings soon.

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby IamAskier » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm

bsm909 wrote:Another on TLS-good luck to you all today! Hopefully we get a bunch of happy postings soon.

Kinda seems too early in the day to be getting calls. Must be a late entry from yesterday. I wish everyone on LSN had all their dates, it would really help.

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby tsutsik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:19 pm

In today via a small envelope. I never received a call.

User avatar
Pink
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 am

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby Pink » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:29 pm

tsutsik wrote:In today via a small envelope. I never received a call.


OOOOOH CONGRATS!!! What is your IR date(s)?

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby tsutsik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Pink wrote:
tsutsik wrote:In today via a small envelope. I never received a call.


OOOOOH CONGRATS!!! What is your IR date(s)?


Thanks! I submitted in early November (I think). My status is still in review. The last change was the date to 1/27.

3.9/164

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:52 pm

That is crazy! Congrats! Way to add a whole new element of stress to hearing back from the U! Especially in a small envelope!

Where are you located? Curious if anyone else will be receiving any mail in your same batch!

User avatar
nshapkar
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby nshapkar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Can anyone give me some info on this? So my status on 1/27/ went to "Under Review", on 2/9 it went to "Application is in Review", what's the difference?

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Oh my goodness! I LOVE your picture! That was such a great moment. I need to go watch that video again. Mine has only said Application is in review, from the start- so I'm not sure, but I'd guess it was the same thing. Sorry I wasn't more helpful, but I had to comment on your fantastic picture.

nshapkar wrote:Can anyone give me some info on this? So my status on 1/27/ went to "Under Review", on 2/9 it went to "Application is in Review", what's the difference?

tsutsik
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby tsutsik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:25 pm

bsm909 wrote:Where are you located? Curious if anyone else will be receiving any mail in your same batch!


I'm in Idaho.

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Good to know! Hopefully there is good news waiting in my mailbox! Good luck to you guys.

User avatar
jdemmitt
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby jdemmitt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 am

Sounds like it has been a good day so far. I am predicting I get my call tomorrow... Shifty eyes.

User avatar
hrourke
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby hrourke » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 am

jdemmitt wrote:Sounds like it has been a good day so far. I am predicting I get my call tomorrow... Shifty eyes.


+1

Me too. But, I've been expecting a call every day this week and that hasn't worked out so well...

Congrats everyone who got in today.

User avatar
nshapkar
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby nshapkar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:00 am

bsm909 wrote:Oh my goodness! I LOVE your picture! That was such a great moment. I need to go watch that video again. Mine has only said Application is in review, from the start- so I'm not sure, but I'd guess it was the same thing. Sorry I wasn't more helpful, but I had to comment on your fantastic picture.

nshapkar wrote:Can anyone give me some info on this? So my status on 1/27/ went to "Under Review", on 2/9 it went to "Application is in Review", what's the difference?



Yeah maybe it sounds better? I don't know, not too worried about it since Utah's kind of a long shot. Yeah I'm a huge suns fan and no moment in the seven years I've been watching them has topped that. I can watch a gif of that for hours. Bell was such a baller about it to, first he clotheslines him, and as Kobe's momentum pulls Raja around Raja still manages to deck him square in the face <3

User avatar
IamAskier
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby IamAskier » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 am

nshapkar wrote:Can anyone give me some info on this? So my status on 1/27/ went to "Under Review", on 2/9 it went to "Application is in Review", what's the difference?

Now that I think about it, I think mine changed from "Under Review" to "Application is in Review" as well. Its still at 12/23, but I swear it used to say just "Under Review". Ah I'm going crazy. JUST CALL ALREADY!

User avatar
bsm909
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby bsm909 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:47 am

That is really weird! Now I'm curious if it really changes...if mine ever changes (hopefully I just get a call first) then I'll note what it changes to.

nshapkar- that was one of my top moments in recent basketball history too. Especially after those painful years w/the suns and lakers in the playoffs. It was such a fantastic moment. Happy he is back in Utah.

User avatar
nshapkar
Posts: 2444
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby nshapkar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 am

bsm909 wrote:That is really weird! Now I'm curious if it really changes...if mine ever changes (hopefully I just get a call first) then I'll note what it changes to.

nshapkar- that was one of my top moments in recent basketball history too. Especially after those painful years w/the suns and lakers in the playoffs. It was such a fantastic moment. Happy he is back in Utah.



I'm 100% positive it changed!

Yeah it's great that he's back in Utah, really shitty that Sloan resigned though. I'm not even a diehard Jazz fan and a small part of me died today when I heard the news.

JLJ
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Re: University of Utah 2011

Postby JLJ » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 am

My status changed this morning from "under review" 1/27 to 2/10. Hopefully I get some good news today. I am starting to lose my hair I am so stressed.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”