University of Utah 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hrourke

New

Re: University of Utah 2011

Post by hrourke » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:44 pm

twozeroseven wrote:Cool. I'm going to be 3rd in the class. So you can be 1st or 2nd if you want.
Yeah, I guess that works for me... :lol: I'm glad you're not setting your sights too high.

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Put my deposit down too. I'm just psyched that it was only $100 :)

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Yup, just sent it!! EEEK.

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 am

fragged wrote:Put my deposit down too. I'm just psyched that it was only $100 :)
Meaning you think there is a good chance you will forfeit the deposit to attend somewhere else or that you're already poor and 100 is less than everywhere else?

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 am

I opened up a new thread over in the "TLS Class of 2014" forum. I'm interested in talking about where to live and other uninteresting crap like that over there. Also, did Reyes say something at the open house about a Facebook portal? I kinda hate FB, but it would be very useful in this case.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=153092

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

trace30

New

Post by trace30 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:05 pm

fragged wrote:Put my deposit down too. I'm just psyched that it was only $100 :)
FYI, your application online status will update once they process your seat deposit; "Thank You for paying your seat deposit". Also, if you log in to CIS (at least on mine), they have the 2012 COA numbers plugged in and the EFC if you have completed your FAFSA. It is under Financial Aid>Financial Aid Status.

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:51 am

twozeroseven wrote:
Meaning you think there is a good chance you will forfeit the deposit to attend somewhere else or that you're already poor and 100 is less than everywhere else?
Meaning I'm poor, and happy because the school I'm choosing to attend only requires a $100 deposit.

fragged

Bronze

Post by fragged » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 pm

trace30 wrote:
FYI, your application online status will update once they process your seat deposit; "Thank You for paying your seat deposit". Also, if you log in to CIS (at least on mine), they have the 2012 COA numbers plugged in and the EFC if you have completed your FAFSA. It is under Financial Aid>Financial Aid Status.
I didn't see the COA numbers. All I see is tuition costs up through Spring 2011. I love how it says (subject to change without notice).

JLJ

New

Post by JLJ » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Last edited by JLJ on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am

JLJ wrote:For those of you who have accepted and those of you who are considering; WHY UTAH? What draws you to this school over other similar ranked/or higher ranked Law Schools?

I am trying to make a decision between Utah and schools ranked from 20-25. I know that out of the t14 most schools are "regional." I am just curious if anyone has any insight into what make Utah unique?

Thanks.

It's the snow.

Hard to compare with your unknown other choices, but seriously the location is remarkably different than anything in the 20-25 range. So where do you want to be after school and how much will school cost you? I'm going to Utah because it's relatively cheap, I like SLC, love the state in general, there are clinical opportunities all over the place, and the building itself is so modern and plush. And i don't mind being in SLC for 5+ years (3 of school plus first job).

tsutsik

Bronze

Post by tsutsik » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:39 pm

twozeroseven wrote:and the building itself is so modern and plush.
This is a joke, right?

twozeroseven

New

Post by twozeroseven » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:18 pm

tsutsik wrote:
twozeroseven wrote:and the building itself is so modern and plush.
This is a joke, right?
Oh yes. That heap almost had me running for a TTTT with a nice campus.

mgold

New

Post by mgold » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey all,

My status is still showing "Under Review" as of 4/7, and I haven't gotten anything. Deposits at most schools are due tomorrow, and I'm wondering if people out there still haven't heard. When you heard did it change the date or place something under "Mailings"? Or, as some people have said, did it just remain absolutely the same? I have tried calling and e-mailing the U with no response.

Thanks

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sewilcox

New

Post by Sewilcox » Tue May 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Have any Wait-Lister's made it into the Acceptance category? I'm still crossing my fingers that I might get accepted....

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Wed May 11, 2011 3:03 am

I'm stuck on the dreadful waitlist as well, but sadly the last letter they sent stated that the entering Fall 2011 class is currently full. Our only chance now is if someone withdraws or doesn't send the second deposit in June. I for one am not banking on it.

samaside

New

Post by samaside » Wed May 11, 2011 10:57 am

IamAskier wrote:I'm stuck on the dreadful waitlist as well, but sadly the last letter they sent stated that the entering Fall 2011 class is currently full. Our only chance now is if someone withdraws or doesn't send the second deposit in June. I for one am not banking on it.
Same. I really would like to attend but I'm pretty much already beginning to get settled on my safety school so I'm debating whether or not I want to do the honorable thing and drop my spot on the waitlist or keep riding it out. I really liked the program so I'm just not sure I want to give up that astronomical chance of getting in.

Sewilcox

New

Post by Sewilcox » Wed May 11, 2011 1:47 pm

When did you get a letter saying the class was full? I haven't received anything since my initial Wait-list letter.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Wed May 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Sewilcox wrote:When did you get a letter saying the class was full? I haven't received anything since my initial Wait-list letter.
Um, maybe about 2 weeks ago? Around late April I think. Apparently enough people sent the first deposit so they have no empty spots as of now to fill.

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Wed May 11, 2011 2:46 pm

samaside wrote:
IamAskier wrote:I'm stuck on the dreadful waitlist as well, but sadly the last letter they sent stated that the entering Fall 2011 class is currently full. Our only chance now is if someone withdraws or doesn't send the second deposit in June. I for one am not banking on it.
Same. I really would like to attend but I'm pretty much already beginning to get settled on my safety school so I'm debating whether or not I want to do the honorable thing and drop my spot on the waitlist or keep riding it out. I really liked the program so I'm just not sure I want to give up that astronomical chance of getting in.
Me too, it sucks but Utah just seems like a million to one shot now.

Sewilcox

New

Post by Sewilcox » Wed May 11, 2011 3:25 pm

:( This sucks. I never got a letter. Think I should call? Did you have to send in a second round wait list card?

I got accepted to a few other schools (and even got some REALLY good scholarship money!!) and never in a million years thought Utah would be my school that didn't want me. Unfortunately... it was. And unfortunately... I don't want to move my kids to another state, so if I'm going to get to do this, it is going to be here. I really really hope something changes and I get in still. :(

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Wed May 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Sewilcox wrote::( This sucks. I never got a letter. Think I should call? Did you have to send in a second round wait list card?

I got accepted to a few other schools (and even got some REALLY good scholarship money!!) and never in a million years thought Utah would be my school that didn't want me. Unfortunately... it was. And unfortunately... I don't want to move my kids to another state, so if I'm going to get to do this, it is going to be here. I really really hope something changes and I get in still. :(
Ya there was a second card. Maybe since they waitlisted you recently they didn't need to hear from you again. If you were no longer under consideration they would tell you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sewilcox

New

Post by Sewilcox » Wed May 11, 2011 3:53 pm

I just talked to the lady in admissions and she said that they are just getting ready to send out more waitlist letters, one of which would be mine.

She said that they are still over subscribed by about 10 students... June 3rd is our next date to see movement by.

Crossing toes, fingers, and every hair on my head!!! Good luck to you all as well. =)

trace30

New

Post by trace30 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Sewilcox wrote:I just talked to the lady in admissions and she said that they are just getting ready to send out more waitlist letters, one of which would be mine.

She said that they are still over subscribed by about 10 students... June 3rd is our next date to see movement by.

Crossing toes, fingers, and every hair on my head!!! Good luck to you all as well. =)
I suspect that some seats may free up as currently accepted U 1L's come off waitlists at other T-1 schools and decide to go elsewhere; the second seat deposit of $475 due on June 3 will also weed out the posers.
Last edited by trace30 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trace30

New

Post by trace30 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:54 pm

Today's Quiz:

How many PAC-12 universities don't have a law school? Name them.

IamAskier

Bronze

Post by IamAskier » Wed May 11, 2011 8:37 pm

trace30 wrote:
Sewilcox wrote:I just talked to the lady in admissions and she said that they are just getting ready to send out more waitlist letters, one of which would be mine.

I suspect that some seats may free up as currently accepted U L1's come off waitlists at other T-1 schools and decide to go elsewhere; the second seat deposit of $475 due on June 3 will also weed out the posers.
I called the admissions office and they said usually they're under-enrolled after the first deposit. This the first year they've been over in 5 years. She said that during that particular cycle they only took about 10-15 applicants off the waitlist. Ah we just got unlucky this cycle.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”