University of San Diego 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby LockBox » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I'm applying ED by thanksgiving hopefully. Anyone heard back yet? Good luck to y'all...

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:19 pm

LockBox wrote:I'm applying ED by thanksgiving hopefully. Anyone heard back yet? Good luck to y'all...


I think the ED application deadline is Monday.

rford23
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby rford23 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:40 pm

CmonSD wrote:Applied ED on 9/16. I am retaking in December though just in case. Good luck!


I noticed that you said you applied ED but are retaking in December. Originally it was my plan to do the same thing but I spoke with the USD Admissions and if you have a pending test they will not look at your application. Meaning you either need to cancel your test today or tomorrow and notify USD Law that you want your application reviewed ED or take the test in December but realize that your application won't be reviewed until USD receives your score for the December test. If you would like, I can send you my correspondence with USD Admissions.

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Complete as of 11/10.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby Slimpee » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:10 pm

To reiterate what someone else said about a quick turnaround for some applicants, last year I submitted in early Dec. but didn't complete until the first week of Jan. Once I went under review, however, the decision was made within a day or two and i got my letter a few days after that. My aunt graduated from USD Law in the early 90's and still maintains friendships there (and actually taught there second semester last year) so I don't know if that helped at all...

164/3.51

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby CmonSD » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:28 am

rford23 wrote:
CmonSD wrote:Applied ED on 9/16. I am retaking in December though just in case. Good luck!


I noticed that you said you applied ED but are retaking in December. Originally it was my plan to do the same thing but I spoke with the USD Admissions and if you have a pending test they will not look at your application. Meaning you either need to cancel your test today or tomorrow and notify USD Law that you want your application reviewed ED or take the test in December but realize that your application won't be reviewed until USD receives your score for the December test. If you would like, I can send you my correspondence with USD Admissions.[/quote

Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about it. They prob won't let me in without a retake so if they wait it will probably be better for me. Good luck!

LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby LockBox » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:47 pm

CmonSD wrote:
LockBox wrote:I'm applying ED by thanksgiving hopefully. Anyone heard back yet? Good luck to y'all...


I think the ED application deadline is Monday.

From the USD website:
The filing date for Early Admission is December 1st. All materials must be received by this date to be considered for early admission.


Is there some sort of delay you're referring to, or are you just speculating?

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby CmonSD » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

LockBox wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
LockBox wrote:I'm applying ED by thanksgiving hopefully. Anyone heard back yet? Good luck to y'all...


I think the ED application deadline is Monday.

From the USD website:
The filing date for Early Admission is December 1st. All materials must be received by this date to be considered for early admission.


Is there some sort of delay you're referring to, or are you just speculating?


This is directly off the Early Decision form you submit with your application which is all I read. I don't know if they extended the deadline. I would call if you are worried about it, but I just didn't want you to miss out!

Requirements for Early Decision participation:
• The Application Deadline is November 15, 2010.
• The application file must be complete by December 1, 2010. Your file is complete when we have the following information:
o Completed Application (including personal statement)
o Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Report
o Completed Early Decision Program Agreement
• The latest acceptable LSAT testing is the October 2010 test.

LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby LockBox » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah, I appreciate it. I guess the deadline is today? It seems ambiguous given the fact that the website only states the filing deadline, which is december 1.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby risktaker » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Applied ED to USD on November 3rd. This is my super reach school and I am hoping I can get in because I would love to practice in San Diego.

LockBox
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby LockBox » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:05 pm

CmonSD wrote:
LockBox wrote:
CmonSD wrote:
LockBox wrote:I'm applying ED by thanksgiving hopefully. Anyone heard back yet? Good luck to y'all...


I think the ED application deadline is Monday.

From the USD website:
The filing date for Early Admission is December 1st. All materials must be received by this date to be considered for early admission.


Is there some sort of delay you're referring to, or are you just speculating?


This is directly off the Early Decision form you submit with your application which is all I read. I don't know if they extended the deadline. I would call if you are worried about it, but I just didn't want you to miss out!

Requirements for Early Decision participation:
• The Application Deadline is November 15, 2010.
• The application file must be complete by December 1, 2010. Your file is complete when we have the following information:
o Completed Application (including personal statement)
o Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Report
o Completed Early Decision Program Agreement
• The latest acceptable LSAT testing is the October 2010 test.


So let me ask y'all a question; i'm still in the process of revising my personal statement/diversity statement. Could I apply today ED and still send in my statement at a later time prior to the Dec 1 deadline? Any thoughts?

User avatar
LawLucy
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:02 am

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby LawLucy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:14 pm

[/quote]So let me ask y'all a question; i'm still in the process of revising my personal statement/diversity statement. Could I apply today ED and still send in my statement at a later time prior to the Dec 1 deadline? Any thoughts?[/quote]




not sure how you would do that. You load it directly through the LSAC when you send the application. Everything I have seen so far is electronic. It would be fairly horrific if you 'fax' in your personal statement, but it gets lost in the shuffle and then they review without your PS and then think you are some kind of idiot for not following directions. personally? I would do as I am told.
just a thought.

applicant135
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby applicant135 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Has anyone called or know why San Diego is running so far behind last year? Hopefully a batch of decisions goes out soon!

etown989
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby etown989 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:02 pm

was everyone here emailed a status check login id and password? B/c i was never emailed anything and applied Oct 30th

User avatar
lalalawya
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby lalalawya » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Yep! If you haven't gotten one by Friday, I would call and ask.

User avatar
gokickrocks
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby gokickrocks » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

risktaker wrote:Applied ED to USD on November 3rd. This is my super reach school and I am hoping I can get in because I would love to practice in San Diego.


I'm in the same boat in regards to USD being the super reach school. I absolutely love the city, and LA isn't too far away.

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Just got on my status checker and it changed to "Decision Rendered." What does this mean exactly? Do they usually wait a while and send a letter via snail mail or should they be emailing me soon? Thanks in advance.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 pm

skirschner1 wrote:Just got on my status checker and it changed to "Decision Rendered." What does this mean exactly? Do they usually wait a while and send a letter via snail mail or should they be emailing me soon? Thanks in advance.


Last year it was all snail mail. Did you apply ED? I can't imagine them waitlisting or rejecting anyone yet. Sooooo good luck! :)

User avatar
lalalawya
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby lalalawya » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Did you go to "in review" before your status changed to decision rendered? Also, when did you submit?

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:33 pm

CmonSD wrote:
skirschner1 wrote:Just got on my status checker and it changed to "Decision Rendered." What does this mean exactly? Do they usually wait a while and send a letter via snail mail or should they be emailing me soon? Thanks in advance.


Last year it was all snail mail. Did you apply ED? I can't imagine them waitlisting or rejecting anyone yet. Sooooo good luck! :)


Yea I was looking back at threads from last year and saw it was snail mail. Too bad. Yea it was ED though

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:34 pm

lalalawya wrote:Did you go to "in review" before your status changed to decision rendered? Also, when did you submit?


Nope just straight from "Complete" to "Decision Rendered" I believe. Submitted 11/1.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby CmonSD » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:59 pm

skirschner1 wrote:
lalalawya wrote:Did you go to "in review" before your status changed to decision rendered? Also, when did you submit?


Nope just straight from "Complete" to "Decision Rendered" I believe. Submitted 11/1.


Did you apply PT or FT?? Thanks!

User avatar
skirschner1
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby skirschner1 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:48 pm

CmonSD wrote:
skirschner1 wrote:
lalalawya wrote:Did you go to "in review" before your status changed to decision rendered? Also, when did you submit?


Nope just straight from "Complete" to "Decision Rendered" I believe. Submitted 11/1.


Did you apply PT or FT?? Thanks!


FT. Hopefully everyone will hear something soon. Kinda surprised I'm one of the first ones hearing back since my numbers arent that great.

applicant135
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby applicant135 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Also decision rendered. I was RD and applied in september

applicant135
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: University of San Diego 2011

Postby applicant135 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Hope its good news for us getting the letters and good luck to everyone who applied!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ellielaw, Houzy, joezze, okf731, reydingo, Smc1994, tinafeyclone, turkeyncheese and 18 guests