I'm a 1L and I scoured these boards last year so I figured I would offer myself as a resource to all of you 0L's waiting eagerly in suspense.
1. USD is usually pretty late with their decisions. I applied in Oct. (I think) and didn't hear until Feb. I feel like they send out most of their acceptances Jan/Feb/Early March. Just sit tight.
2. I'm really glad I went to USD. I've always been a big fan though, so take that with a grain of salt. I feel like I've met awesome people, I really liked my Prof's from last semester, I've had plenty of opportunity to get involved, and yea... everything is going really well.
3. This isn't really USD specific, but read this article if you're having doubt about law school. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/business/09law.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=is%20law%20school%20a%20losing%20game&st=cse
4. I'm hoping people will just post questions...
5. I think my biggest complaint would be the pesky undergrads with their false sense of entitlement. Not only do they drive really (really) nice cars (I parked next to a bentley in the STUDENT lot), but the sorority life + taking over our library (they kick them out during finals) + general loudness get tiring.
1. Did you get a scholly (if you don't mind saying)? If so, how much, and how much do you think somebody should be getting in order to make it worth it to go...
2. Do you know if they stack the classes as far as that goes, i.e. everyone has been saying they have a top 30% stip, so if everyone with a scholarship is in the same class, 70% of them are going to lose all the money.
3. Where do most of the 1Ls that you know live? On campus? PB/OB? Downtown? And do people generally live with other students, on their own, or other people? Was there a website or letter that went out for people to find others looking for roommates?
4. I know this is early for you, but what is your general sense of the job prospects for 3Ls? If someone was looking to stay in SD after graduation, do you think they generally have good prospects, or are there a ton of UCLA/USC kids coming in and taking jobs in the area?
Thank you so much for offering to answer questions!!