Texas 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm

By the way, Akili, did the special UT law admissions ringtone scheme work out? :)

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:48 pm

francisConn wrote:By the way, Akili, did the special UT law admissions ringtone scheme work out? :)


Haha it didn't actually! I was super bummed. 232-1206 called me and I had it saved at 232-1208 Whoops!

User avatar
awilson11
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby awilson11 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:57 pm

I want an acceptance from a school that calls to tell you! UT would be awesome.

crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby crit_racer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 pm

congrats, akili! When did you submit?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Congrats Akili!!!

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Has anyone with under a 3.8 GPA who applied in Dec or later heard back yet??

edit: I just added both 1208 and 1206 numbers on my phone in case UT wants to call me tomorrow. Pretty please!

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Cade McNown » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Anybody have an impression of the OOS numbers floor? Looking to quantify just how much more difficult this is gonna be versus Texas residents.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby beachbum » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Cade McNown wrote:Anybody have an impression of the OOS numbers floor? Looking to quantify just how much more difficult this is gonna be versus Texas residents.


I was held (ED) with a 3.40, and I suspect it's somewhere right around there to get a decent look. You'll probably want a 3.5-3.6+ to have a good shot at getting in.

Edit: Sorry, just assumed you meant GPA cutoff. I haven't been following the LSAT trends in this thread.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:20 pm

crit_racer wrote:congrats, akili! When did you submit?


I submitted 10/02, was held on 10/29.

I have a 3.73 if that helps the other poster asking about GPAs

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Cade McNown » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 pm

beachbum wrote:I was held (ED) with a 3.40, and I suspect it's somewhere right around there to get a decent look. You'll probably want a 3.5-3.6+ to have a good shot at getting in.

Edit: Sorry, just assumed you meant GPA cutoff. I haven't been following the LSAT trends in this thread.


Yeah so we're talking a 3.6 and a 167, 168? That's roughly their medians, is median good enough for OOS at this point?

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby coug11 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 pm

IN via phone call around 3:30pm (PST)!!!!! Stats and dates in profile. OOS RD.

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm 3.6X and 167 in-state and expecting waitlist at best. I think the floor for OOS is slightly higher than this.

That being said, I think the will of admissions councils are ultimately inscrutable, so there's no telling really.
Last edited by francisConn on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 pm

coug11 wrote:IN via phone call around 3:30pm (PST)!!!!! Stats and dates in profile. OOS RD.


Well done!

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Cade McNown » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:36 pm

francisConn wrote:I'm 3.6X and 167 in-state and expecting waitlist at best. I think the floor for OOS is slightly higher than this.

That being said, I think the will of admissions councils are ultimately inscrutable, so there's no telling really.


ok thanks for this.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby sanguar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:43 pm

JJDancer wrote:Has anyone with under a 3.8 GPA who applied in Dec or later heard back yet??

edit: I just added both 1208 and 1206 numbers on my phone in case UT wants to call me tomorrow. Pretty please!


3.77, applied 12/17. Got the call on Tuesday (1/18)
Edited to add: OOS

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Burgstaller04 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:06 pm

akili wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brilliant!

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby spacepenguin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:10 pm

akili wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Congrats man, hope they sweeten the deal for you with money!

BeachedBrit
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby BeachedBrit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm

In terms of OOS acceptance numbers I have a 174 and had a 3.4x when I was accepted (before fall grades bumped me to a 3.5x.) I submitted at the end of october and heard back pretty quickly.

radio-edit
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby radio-edit » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 pm

JJDancer wrote:Has anyone with under a 3.8 GPA who applied in Dec or later heard back yet??

edit: I just added both 1208 and 1206 numbers on my phone in case UT wants to call me tomorrow. Pretty please!


3.68, in state, went complete 12/23 and heard back on Tuesday. On LSN there are several other 3.5s-3.7s who submitted in December and heard back around the same time.

kdubb513
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby kdubb513 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 pm

In via Phone Call!!!!!


Processing 11/29/10


OOS, RD, URM

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JazzOne » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:26 pm

akili wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My acceptance date was one of the happiest days in my life. Congrats!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 pm

I tried to go back and read the thread, but it's been so long since acceptances, it was hard to find. How do people find out about scholarships? Is it in the packet or later?

I just went to EZs on Lamar/38th and had a huge milkshake and my favorite salad (it sounds lame but it's a DAMN good salad) to celebrate. Hopefully they'll make more calls tomorrow too!

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm

akili wrote:I tried to go back and read the thread, but it's been so long since acceptances, it was hard to find. How do people find out about scholarships? Is it in the packet or later?

I just went to EZs on Lamar/38th and had a huge milkshake and my favorite salad (it sounds lame but it's a DAMN good salad) to celebrate. Hopefully they'll make more calls tomorrow too!


haha Never have I ever heard of a celebratory salad.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Burgstaller04 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 pm

akili wrote:I tried to go back and read the thread, but it's been so long since acceptances, it was hard to find. How do people find out about scholarships? Is it in the packet or later?

I just went to EZs on Lamar/38th and had a huge milkshake and my favorite salad (it sounds lame but it's a DAMN good salad) to celebrate. Hopefully they'll make more calls tomorrow too!


I got a letter about 2 weeks after the acceptance

Fate
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Fate » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 pm

I was accepted at Texas 3 weeks after I submitted my application (I submitted in mid-November)...I've withdrawn to give others who really want to go there a chance (I've been accepted at multiple T14s).

I hope someone from TLS gets in!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Keilz, RickyBunny, trohara14 and 17 guests