Texas 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neonx

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby neonx » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Just got the 512 call from Dean Ingram as well. Went to voicemail.
Admitted under Regular Decision, "processed" on 11/28/2011.
She mentioned something about a scholarship letter being sent.
I awkwardly feel like I should give her jingle back and ask. But I won't.

Let's do this, Texas!

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Aghhhh let me in UT!!

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Akili, your numbers are a shoo-in! Nothing to worry about.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:44 pm

francisConn wrote:Akili, your numbers are a shoo-in! Nothing to worry about.

Thanks. I'm just nervous/excited because my family really wants me to go to UT and I live in Austin. If I get in then the rest of my cycle will be icing on the cake.

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm

akili wrote:

Thanks. I'm just nervous/excited because my family really wants me to go to UT and I live in Austin. If I get in then the rest of my cycle will be icing on the cake.

Same here. Not having to leave Austin and going to Texas' best school would absolutely put me at ease about everything.

TheOcho

Postby TheOcho » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:51 pm

akili wrote:

You'll get in because I have the same numbers and also want to get in. It makes sense, seriously.

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm

francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

Same here. Not having to leave Austin and going to Texas' best school would absolutely put me at ease about everything.

Good-luck guys! I may have to drive to Austin this weekend!

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm

francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

Exactly! If I get in to UT then anything/everything else will just be bonus! Plus, unlike Michigan/Virginia/UWashington, people here know UT is awesome. Also, football is going to be awesome next year (Applewhite FTW!)

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:54 pm

neonx wrote:
francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

Good-luck guys! I may have to drive to Austin this weekend!

It's pretty cold/windy right now but it should be nicer on Saturday/Sunday. It's funny how 43 degrees here feels colder than 20 degrees in Eastern Washington!

spacepenguin

Postby spacepenguin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 pm

akili wrote:
francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

Exactly! If I get in to UT then anything/everything else will just be bonus! Plus, unlike Michigan/Virginia/UWashington, people here know UT is awesome. Also, football is going to be awesome next year (Applewhite FTW!)

Not to derail this thread, but with Gilbert at QB..we might still suck--I really, really, really hope he proves me wrong.

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 pm

akili wrote:
francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

And now that Greg Davis is gone, the sky is the limit.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 pm

I want mini-McCoy to be QB1. Maybe Gilbert will get better too. Colt wasn't awe-inspiring when he started. That first season post-Vince Young was a bit eh (this last year was WAY worse though)

plus Greg Davis is gone. :D

spacepenguin

Postby spacepenguin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 pm

akili wrote:I want mini-McCoy to be QB1. Maybe Gilbert will get better too. Colt wasn't awe-inspiring when he started. That first season post-Vince Young was a bit eh (this last year was WAY worse though)

plus Greg Davis is gone. :D

But so is Muschamp. Sadness.

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Don't forget mini Shipley either. He'll be up next year as a freshman. Maybe he could room with mini McCoy...

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Now THAT (Muschamp being gone) sucks. I liked Muschamp. My friends were really surprised when he left. Everyone thought he was being groomed by Mack to be the next head coach...

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Love that the Texas thread has found its way to football talk.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 pm

anyone else not receive a password with their status checker?

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 pm

francisConn wrote:Love that the Texas thread has found its way to football talk.

Haha UT football (and basketball to a lesser extent) is a big item in my Pro column for Texas!

aquyenl

Postby aquyenl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:19 pm

TR Fan wrote:In via a very nice phone call a few minutes ago!

Submitted EA at end of October but was held over. Out of state, 166/3.7.

Congratulations to fellow admits and best of luck to those still waiting to hear!

wow same stats except i'm in state. come on UT :(

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 pm

akili wrote:
francisConn wrote:Love that the Texas thread has found its way to football talk.

Haha UT football (and basketball to a lesser extent) is a big item in my Pro column for Texas!

Absolutely. Growing up with Houston pro sports makes one long for teams to root for that... win.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:23 pm

francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

Absolutely. Growing up with Houston pro sports makes one long for teams to root for that... win.

I'm sorry about Houston. :lol:

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:27 pm

akili wrote:
francisConn wrote:
akili wrote:

I'm sorry about Houston. :lol:

So are we, so are we.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to e-mail admissions to let them know I overnighted my updated transcript to LSAC and that once they receive the update my cumulative GPA will be higher?

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:34 pm

francisConn wrote:Does anyone think it would be a good idea to e-mail admissions to let them know I overnighted my updated transcript to LSAC and that once they receive the update my cumulative GPA will be higher?

Yes.
I'd shoot them an email saying your new GPA is x.yz and that they should receive an updated transcript through LSAC soon.

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:45 pm

JJDancer wrote:
francisConn wrote:Does anyone think it would be a good idea to e-mail admissions to let them know I overnighted my updated transcript to LSAC and that once they receive the update my cumulative GPA will be higher?

Yes.
I'd shoot them an email saying your new GPA is x.yz and that they should receive an updated transcript through LSAC soon.

Thanks. Done and done.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Dear Texas,

I love you. My parents approve of you, and my friends think you are the coolest. We both love football and look great in burnt orange. You could offer me a secure future. Sure, the heat isn't my favorite, but Austin is possibly the greatest city ever and I want to live right near Zilker Park and the Town Lake Trail for the next 3 years. Right now it takes too long to get to my favorite places in Austin. Plus, if I go to you I can live in a waaay nicer apartment Pretty please call me. You don't even have to pay me. I'll be right over if you do.

Love,
Akili

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”