Texas 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JazzOne » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:53 pm

rbarcelo9 wrote:
src42 wrote:What are they DOING over there?

Barbecuing, horseback riding, herding cattle, various other stereotypical Texan activities...

The adcomms must be partying with the professors then because they're taking their damn sweet time with our grades.

User avatar
Bluben
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Bluben » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:15 pm

JazzOne wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:
src42 wrote:What are they DOING over there?

Barbecuing, horseback riding, herding cattle, various other stereotypical Texan activities...

The adcomms must be partying with the professors then because they're taking their damn sweet time with our grades.



--LinkRemoved--

Riding mules on 6th street

User avatar
src42
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby src42 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Bluben wrote:--LinkRemoved--

Riding mules on 6th street

YES. I wanna move to Austin so bad.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:24 pm

It's really cold right now in Austin. People are pretty much hibernating.

User avatar
Longhorn88
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Longhorn88 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:50 pm

The new semester starts on Tuesday. Really hope it isn't my last one at UT.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 am

Longhorn88 wrote:The new semester starts on Tuesday. Really hope it isn't my last one at UT.

+1

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:55 am

Application processed on December 13. "Application file is complete." 167/3.63.

How I wish I would've gone for ED.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:02 am

It's not binding or anything. Of course an early app is always good, but it's not like ED at UVA where it can be a game changer

User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby gbpackerbacker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:19 pm

francisConn wrote:Application processed on December 13. "Application file is complete." 167/3.63.

How I wish I would've gone for ED.



I kinda felt a non-binding ED was a trick. Part of me didn't trust it.

Anyways ~3.9 ~171 sitting here withut a peep of which to speak.

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 pm

After this most recent semester my cumulative GPA bumped from that 3.63 up to a 3.68 now (not much better, but doesn't it look significantly better?).

Should I get my new transcript sent directly to UT or through LSAC once more?

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby brose » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Why the silence, UT? :(

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JazzOne » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:13 pm

francisConn wrote:After this most recent semester my cumulative GPA bumped from that 3.63 up to a 3.68 now (not much better, but doesn't it look significantly better?).

Should I get my new transcript sent directly to UT or through LSAC once more?

I would update the file. You should probably call the admissions office and ask them what method is preferable.

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:48 pm

JazzOne wrote:
francisConn wrote:After this most recent semester my cumulative GPA bumped from that 3.63 up to a 3.68 now (not much better, but doesn't it look significantly better?).

Should I get my new transcript sent directly to UT or through LSAC once more?

I would update the file. You should probably call the admissions office and ask them what method is preferable.


Good call.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Maybe we will have some decisions tomorrow! If I get in to UT, then I can relax :)

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby ht2988 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 am

stuck at 12/7. how do they release decisions? is the status checker worth checking anymore?

12thman2011
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby 12thman2011 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 am

I admittedly don't know anything, but I doubt we hear anything until the February 1st deadline for regular decisions. That's just my gut feeling.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:55 am

12thman2011 wrote:I admittedly don't know anything, but I doubt we hear anything until the February 1st deadline for regular decisions. That's just my gut feeling.


Man that would (will?) stink. I guess it's really not that far from now, but still!

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby spacepenguin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:30 pm

In today via phone call. Complete since 11/29....there is life in Austin!

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Leira7905 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:32 pm

spacepenguin wrote:In today via phone call. Complete since 11/29....there is life in Austin!


OmG! the first movement in a month and a half! Way to go!

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JTMan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Congrats! Thank goodness something finally happened

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 pm

spacepenguin wrote:In today via phone call. Complete since 11/29....there is life in Austin!


Awesome!

cue me looking frantically for my phone.

User avatar
rbarcelo9
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby rbarcelo9 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Finally! Please please please give me a call today UT, I'm pretty bored at work and would love to have a lovely phone call to brighten my day!

User avatar
Zarathustraspoke
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Zarathustraspoke » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes! Complete since 12/7 but I doubt I'll hear anything today :-/

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby weejonbu » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Yes! Complete since 12/7 but I doubt I'll hear anything today :-/


ditto. although. i'd REEEEEALLY like to hear something today :o

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JTMan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Zarathustraspoke wrote:Yes! Complete since 12/7 but I doubt I'll hear anything today :-/



Ditto-but I am out of state




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, KeYe88, lillawyer2, notsolawful, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests