Texas 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DaveBear07
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby DaveBear07 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:23 pm

In at UT via phone call today! Woo hoo! Went complete around 9/26 I believe. Numbers in profile.

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Trustbuster » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Stats:
167
3.86
URM
Sent 10/1/10
Complete 10/11/10
LOR: 2

User avatar
leopardRAWR
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby leopardRAWR » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I went complete after 10/08 and submitted only 2 recs. Got the acceptance phone call today :D Congrats to everyone accepted/good luck to those still waiting. How high up is UT on everyone's list?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:16 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:I went complete after 10/08 and submitted only 2 recs. Got the acceptance phone call today :D Congrats to everyone accepted/good luck to those still waiting. How high up is UT on everyone's list?


Ehh these last two posts indicate I should maybe be expecting a rejection.. Went complete 10/11, no decision.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:I went complete after 10/08 and submitted only 2 recs. Got the acceptance phone call today :D Congrats to everyone accepted/good luck to those still waiting. How high up is UT on everyone's list?


Ehh these last two posts indicate I should maybe be expecting a rejection.. Went complete 10/11, no decision.


If they reject you it is because of YP. IIRC you should be an auto admit with a chance at full scholly

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Tiva wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
leopardRAWR wrote:I went complete after 10/08 and submitted only 2 recs. Got the acceptance phone call today :D Congrats to everyone accepted/good luck to those still waiting. How high up is UT on everyone's list?


Ehh these last two posts indicate I should maybe be expecting a rejection.. Went complete 10/11, no decision.


If they reject you it is because of YP. IIRC you should be an auto admit with a chance at full scholly


Yea.. its not that big of a deal. I already have a very good option. I'll wait til next week before calling it though.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:32 am

For those that have been admitted: have your status checkers changed to decision yet? Just curious.

HLA
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby HLA » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:36 am

No, I was told that it would take at least 5 days for one's status to change to accepted.

User avatar
rupret1
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby rupret1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 am

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I'm really hoping to be among your ranks soon, as UT is my top choice for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being my deep love for and desire to get back to Texas. I hope I hear something one way or the other soon, so I can get back to being productive at work.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:50 am

ha same here! I've been terribly unproductive at work for a few weeks now.

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby brose » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 am

Got a hold email this morning. Not expecting to get in so not surprised! Good luck to all.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby ArchRoark » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 am

I received an email this morning stating they were holding me over to regular admissions. Gl everyone!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:14 am

I got the hold email too. Kinda blows because I retook in October. Couldn't you have waited one MORE DAY UT?!

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:25 am

so if we didn't get the hold email, are we pretty much going to be an accept/reject soon?

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby ihp12 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:27 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:so if we didn't get the hold email, are we pretty much going to be an accept/reject soon?


That's what I'm assuming.

No way to know for sure though. Whose to say that first wave of holds was the only one that will happen before the end of the EA cycle.

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Marionberry » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 am

What time did everyone get their "hold" email? Was the entire batch sent out at the same time? I was wholeheartedly expecting one, and haven't gotten anything. Now I'm freaking out.

User avatar
grrrstick
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby grrrstick » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:44 am

Congrats to those who were accepted! Just remember to hang in there. I applied relatively early, and didn't hear back until many people were accepted who applied after I did. It worked out okay. Best of luck!

wildcathighfive
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby wildcathighfive » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:04 am

when did everyone go complete who received a hold email?

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Marionberry » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 am

I went complete mid september, and haven't received a hold email. I'm a traditional splitter, so I'm expecting one. Others who went complete later than I have received hold emails, so I don't know what's going on.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 am

wildcathighfive wrote:when did everyone go complete who received a hold email?

"under consideration" since 10/11. No phone call and no hold email so far

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Marionberry » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:15 am

tkgrrett wrote:
wildcathighfive wrote:when did everyone go complete who received a hold email?

"under consideration" since 10/11. No phone call and no hold email so far


Your numbers are solid, right TK? I would be shocked if you get held over, unless you wrote your PS professing your undying love for the state of oklahoma.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 am

I got a status checker on 10/17 (i was complete when I got the link). Haven't received a hold email. Numbers: 167 3.81

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby r6_philly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:20 am

"complete" since 9/30, no call no email yet.

User avatar
ihp12
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby ihp12 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:21 am

Marionberry wrote:I went complete mid september, and haven't received a hold email. I'm a traditional splitter, so I'm expecting one. Others who went complete later than I have received hold emails, so I don't know what's going on.


+1

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 am

Complete since 9/27. Nothing yet...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daaltaraan, genjustice, lawschool55, Long shot hero, mav1993, pantsuitchic and 13 guests