Texas 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crit_racer
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby crit_racer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby aquyenl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:56 pm

UA7789 wrote:Dinged via status check... O well, it was a reach anyways. Congrats to everyone who got in!


dang sorry about that. are you in state and when did you go complete?

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby theturkeyisfat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 pm

crit_racer wrote:there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.


and might fine is incredible

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby francisConn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:06 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:
crit_racer wrote:there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.


and might fine is incredible


Yeah, really. We have plenty of great burger places in Austin; don't need any left coast imports. As far as sit down restaurants, I'd recommend the Roadhouse in Bastrop for a great burger.

Also, have to note how glad I am that the Texas Law thread has now covered football and burgers. Might I suggest BBQ for next topic of discussion?

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JTMan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:11 pm

francisConn wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:
crit_racer wrote:there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.


and might fine is incredible


Yeah, really. We have plenty of great burger places in Austin; don't need any left coast imports. As far as sit down restaurants, I'd recommend the Roadhouse in Bastrop for a great burger.

Also, have to note how glad I am that the Texas Law thread has now covered football and burgers. Might I suggest BBQ for next topic of discussion?


Yes please my boyfriend loves BBQ so I need a good place to go when I visit the school next month.

User avatar
theturkeyisfat
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby theturkeyisfat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:12 pm

francisConn wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:
crit_racer wrote:there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.


and might fine is incredible


Yeah, really. We have plenty of great burger places in Austin; don't need any left coast imports. As far as sit down restaurants, I'd recommend the Roadhouse in Bastrop for a great burger.

Also, have to note how glad I am that the Texas Law thread has now covered football and burgers. Might I suggest BBQ for next topic of discussion?


the salt lick.

Image

bidnez11
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby bidnez11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:19 pm

JTMan wrote:
francisConn wrote:
theturkeyisfat wrote:
crit_racer wrote:there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.


and might fine is incredible


Yeah, really. We have plenty of great burger places in Austin; don't need any left coast imports. As far as sit down restaurants, I'd recommend the Roadhouse in Bastrop for a great burger.

Also, have to note how glad I am that the Texas Law thread has now covered football and burgers. Might I suggest BBQ for next topic of discussion?


Yes please my boyfriend loves BBQ so I need a good place to go when I visit the school next month.


Bert's bar b que, rudy's, poke e joes are a few local greats

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JTMan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:22 pm

What about Stubbs? Is that place actually good or just more well known?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Poke-e-Joe's is my jam. My family seriously eats lunch there every weekend.

Rudy's is good too, but I judge BBQ places based on their sausage and I'm not a fan of Rudy's sausage. Their brisket is pretty damn good though.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:29 pm

I die a little inside every time this thread is bumped and it's only about football/burgers/bbq. :(

JTMan
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:58 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JTMan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:31 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I die a little inside every time this thread is bumped and it's only about football/burgers/bbq. :(



Sorry....when you get admitted you'll appreciate all the enthusiasm, I promise.

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby melamine » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

JTMan wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I die a little inside every time this thread is bumped and it's only about football/burgers/bbq. :(



Sorry....when you get admitted you'll appreciate all the enthusiasm, I promise.


when.... i promise... maybe they should have an "admitted UT students" thread.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm

JTMan wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I die a little inside every time this thread is bumped and it's only about football/burgers/bbq. :(



Sorry....when you get admitted you'll appreciate all the enthusiasm, I promise.

It's ok, I forgive yall. I actually love how enthusiastic yall are about UT, I just wish/pray that I'll be able to share in your excitement one day.

originalmutt
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby originalmutt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:37 pm

crit_racer wrote:there is absolutely no comparison between Whataburger and In-n-Out. Whataburger sucks...there are like 50 better burger places in Austin (P. Terry's and Hut's being my two favorites). Also, In-n-Out has fresh cut fries...whataburger has frozen crap.


Are you a native Texan? Because you are speaking blasphemy and I'd be careful not to say such things in public.

Whataburger fries beat In-N-Out's flavorless fries hands down ... and Whataburger makes by far the best fast food burger. Much better selection of vegetables, and Whataburger puts mustard on its burger, the way a real American burger should be made. None of that Canadian secret sauce or mayo nonsense. And Whataburger has amazing breakfast choices ... can't beat Breakfast on a Bun. In-N-Out does not have that kind of variety.

I really wish Whataburger would come to LA. It, and Tex Mex, are the two things I miss most about Texas.

originalmutt
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby originalmutt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 pm

akili wrote:Poke-e-Joe's is my jam. My family seriously eats lunch there every weekend.

Rudy's is good too, but I judge BBQ places based on their sausage and I'm not a fan of Rudy's sausage. Their brisket is pretty damn good though.


Rudy's is excellent.

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby aquyenl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:39 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:It's ok, I forgive yall. I actually love how enthusiastic yall are about UT, I just wish/pray that I'll be able to share in your excitement one day.


i will wish/pray for the both of us! :)

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 pm

aquyenl wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:It's ok, I forgive yall. I actually love how enthusiastic yall are about UT, I just wish/pray that I'll be able to share in your excitement one day.


i will wish/pray for the both of us! :)

Aww thanks, I will pray for you too! Are you ED held too or are you waiting from RD?

UA7789
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby UA7789 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 pm

aquyenl wrote:
UA7789 wrote:Dinged via status check... O well, it was a reach anyways. Congrats to everyone who got in!


dang sorry about that. are you in state and when did you go complete?


Went complete around the 24th I believe. And no, I am out of state, which didn't help either.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby akili » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 pm

melamine wrote:
JTMan wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I die a little inside every time this thread is bumped and it's only about football/burgers/bbq. :(



Sorry....when you get admitted you'll appreciate all the enthusiasm, I promise.


when.... i promise... maybe they should have an "admitted UT students" thread.


BAM! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=134282

let's mayhaps move the discussion there?

12thman2011
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby 12thman2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the Texas Constitution that says Whataburger is the best fast food burger in the world and any talking bad about it is a punishable offense.

originalmutt
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby originalmutt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:15 pm

12thman2011 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the Texas Constitution that says Whataburger is the best fast food burger in the world and any talking bad about it is a punishable offense.


Punishable by gun shot

You're pretty smart for an Aggie ...

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby aquyenl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
aquyenl wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:It's ok, I forgive yall. I actually love how enthusiastic yall are about UT, I just wish/pray that I'll be able to share in your excitement one day.


i will wish/pray for the both of us! :)

Aww thanks, I will pray for you too! Are you ED held too or are you waiting from RD?


yep held EA and applied at like the last hour before it ended.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby JazzOne » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Mr. Bones BBQ. Believe that.

User avatar
Longhorn88
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Longhorn88 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Bee Caves BBQ. It's a trailer up on bee caves road about 20 min west of downtown out in west lake. Not one of these trendy "food trailers" that serves korean shrimp tacos or some shit. It's been around for years but they don't have set hours or anything, when they run out of food they close up for the day.

Your best bet is lunch around 2 or so, doubt they're open now b/c of the cold but come spring its the best in town.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Postby Burgstaller04 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Just go to Lockhart




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”