Texas 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TortoiseshellCat

New

Re: Texas 2011 Applicants

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 pm

To those who have received a response from UT Law: When did you apply? And what is the status checker? I never received any information about it. Thank you!

TheAudacityofHope

New

Post by TheAudacityofHope » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:37 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:To those who have received a response from UT Law: When did you apply? And what is the status checker? I never received any information about it. Thank you!
+1.

Anyone apply after receiving the December LSAT scores? Any URMs?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:40 pm

I applied before December scores, but the app was waiting on them to go complete. I heard a couple weeks ago. non-URM, in-state.

TheAudacityofHope

New

Post by TheAudacityofHope » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 pm

akili wrote:I applied before December scores, but the app was waiting on them to go complete. I heard a couple weeks ago. non-URM, in-state.
Did you get in?

sunyoo25

New

Post by sunyoo25 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 pm

I applied before the December LSAT, but I applied late December.
(Clarify: I didn't take the Dec LSAT.)

I received an application received email on 12/21 and one with status checker info on 1/6.

Admitted via status checker 1/24. Letter in the admission packet was dated 1/24 too.
Freshlaw email 1/27

I received scholarship info via snail mail, letter dated 2/9.

So many dates :lol:
Last edited by sunyoo25 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:
akili wrote:I applied before December scores, but the app was waiting on them to go complete. I heard a couple weeks ago. non-URM, in-state.
Did you get in?
Yup. Dates are on my LSN profile.

AP-375

Bronze

Post by AP-375 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

For what it's worth, all my waitlist brothas, according to LSN, all of the people they have admitted off of the waitlist in at least the last three years were Texas residents. That increases the odds significantly, from pretty much impossible to ridiculously unlikely. Lloyd: "So you're saying there's a chance..."

tarakit

New

Post by tarakit » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Applied after Dec LSAT and got in today. Dates are on my LSN profile.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:01 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:To those who have received a response from UT Law: When did you apply? And what is the status checker? I never received any information about it. Thank you!
October 1st

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSATurday

New

Post by LSATurday » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm

REJECTIFIED via snail mail today. Status checker hadn't changed.
173/3.3 OOS

originalmutt

New

Post by originalmutt » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

LSATurday wrote:Status checker hadn't changed.
173/3.3 OOS
Rejected with a 173? That's demoralizing ...

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 pm

So if status checker says my file is in review...how long does it normally take for adms to make a decision??? Any experiences with that?

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:47 pm

And I am still wondering about the UT Law status checker. I haven't received information about that...I have no way of checking the status of my app there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:And I am still wondering about the UT Law status checker. I haven't received information about that...I have no way of checking the status of my app there.
Wait, if you don't have a status checker, how does it say you are in review?

I don't think the status checkers even say In Review. Mine just stayed at complete.

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:50 pm

akili wrote:
TortoiseshellCat wrote:And I am still wondering about the UT Law status checker. I haven't received information about that...I have no way of checking the status of my app there.

I don't think the status checkers even say In Review. Mine just stayed at complete.
Well it's in review at another school. Status went from file complete to in review. But I'm wondering why I don't have access to a status checker at UT Law.

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:So if status checker says my file is in review...how long does it normally take for adms to make a decision??? Any experiences with that?
Maybe I'm mixing up UT with some other school's status checker, but I'm pretty sure all the checker is good for is indicating your file is complete. "Being considered" or whatever it says doesn't necessarily mean UR. But maybe yours really says UR; mine never did and the first thing I heard from them was admit call.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:
akili wrote:

Well it's in review at another school. Status went from file complete to in review. But I'm wondering why I don't have access to a status checker at UT Law.
When did you apply? It takes a couple weeks to get it. You can't really use other schools to gauge your process at UT. Example, W&L is much faster than UT which is MUCH faster than Cornell.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waitlisteddd

New

Post by waitlisteddd » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:52 pm

my status never changed from complete, but I got the phone call this morning!

applied: 1/24
status checker email: 2/4

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:53 pm

waitlisteddd wrote:my status never changed from complete, but I got the phone call this morning!

applied: 1/24
status checker email: 2/4
Wow you got a response pretty quickly!

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:56 pm

When did you apply? It takes a couple weeks to get it. You can't really use other schools to gauge your process at UT. Example, W&L is much faster than UT which is MUCH faster than Cornell.[/quote]

I was just wondering if "In Review" meant I would receive a response from the other school soon.

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 pm

francisConn wrote:
TortoiseshellCat wrote:So if status checker says my file is in review...how long does it normally take for adms to make a decision??? Any experiences with that?
Maybe I'm mixing up UT with some other school's status checker, but I'm pretty sure all the checker is good for is indicating your file is complete. "Being considered" or whatever it says doesn't necessarily mean UR. But maybe yours really says UR; mine never did and the first thing I heard from them was admit call.
Really??? I thought the status checker also let you know if you had been admitted...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:59 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:
akili wrote:When did you apply? It takes a couple weeks to get it. You can't really use other schools to gauge your process at UT. Example, W&L is much faster than UT which is MUCH faster than Cornell.
I was just wondering if "In Review" meant I would receive a response from the other school soon.
I'm so confused right now. You are asking, in the UT thread, if being In Review at a different school means you will get in soon (to the other school)? Am I right?
Last edited by akili on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

francisConn

Bronze

Post by francisConn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:02 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:
francisConn wrote:
Really??? I thought the status checker also let you know if you had been admitted...

For UT you'll get a call and a letter before your status checker ever changes. In most cases. There might be some exceptions, but I'm not aware of them.

TortoiseshellCat

New

Post by TortoiseshellCat » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:03 pm

akili wrote:
TortoiseshellCat wrote:
akili wrote:When did you apply? It takes a couple weeks to get it. You can't really use other schools to gauge your process at UT. Example, W&L is much faster than UT which is MUCH faster than Cornell.
I'm so confused right now. You are asking, in the UT thread, if being In Review at a different school means you will get in soon (to the other school)? Am I right?
I thought it was the same for all schools... But I see it's not!

&CanIGetAHotTub?

New

Post by &CanIGetAHotTub? » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Got the call an hour ago. Psyched.

Complete 1/6

167, over 3.7, OOS for those wondering.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”