U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JB90
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby JB90 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 pm

So i was in that chat for a little while and read that they finished sending out scholarships. Anyone know who I should write a $$ negotiation letter to ? I was thinking Michael Goodnight because that's who i got my acceptance letter from, but I'm not sure. I have really strong numbers for UM but I haven't received any awards info (I applied kinda late). should i do a "to whom it may concern" to the "admissions@law..."?

Thanks.

User avatar
gothamm
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby gothamm » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Send it to admissions and recruiting

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:56 pm

JB90 wrote:So i was in that chat for a little while and read that they finished sending out scholarships. Anyone know who I should write a $$ negotiation letter to ? I was thinking Michael Goodnight because that's who i got my acceptance letter from, but I'm not sure. I have really strong numbers for UM but I haven't received any awards info (I applied kinda late). should i do a "to whom it may concern" to the "admissions@law..."?

Thanks.


I just called their financial aid office and they said they are done giving out scholarships / they don't have any more money available.

User avatar
gothamm
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby gothamm » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:03 pm

jamiLAW wrote:
JB90 wrote:So i was in that chat for a little while and read that they finished sending out scholarships. Anyone know who I should write a $$ negotiation letter to ? I was thinking Michael Goodnight because that's who i got my acceptance letter from, but I'm not sure. I have really strong numbers for UM but I haven't received any awards info (I applied kinda late). should i do a "to whom it may concern" to the "admissions@law..."?

Thanks.


I just called their financial aid office and they said they are done giving out scholarships / they don't have any more money available.


will they be able to tell you over the phone whether or not you have received a scholarship. I was accepted earlier this month but no scholarship mail :|

ladybuglove
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby ladybuglove » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm

gothamm wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:
JB90 wrote:So i was in that chat for a little while and read that they finished sending out scholarships. Anyone know who I should write a $$ negotiation letter to ? I was thinking Michael Goodnight because that's who i got my acceptance letter from, but I'm not sure. I have really strong numbers for UM but I haven't received any awards info (I applied kinda late). should i do a "to whom it may concern" to the "admissions@law..."?

Thanks.


I just called their financial aid office and they said they are done giving out scholarships / they don't have any more money available.


will they be able to tell you over the phone whether or not you have received a scholarship. I was accepted earlier this month but no scholarship mail :|


I tried that, and I didn't get an answer the first few times I called - finally I spoke with one of the deans/admissions advisors and he told me I wouldn't receive one because the money is gone and I applied too late (end of December - which I didn't think was that late). Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:31 pm

Hey guys sorry if this has been addressed but my cane page directs me to the lsac site. then nothing happens there either. Any ideas whats going on. I too was placed on hold after the october lsat came out then i retook scored higher( within UM range with a solid GPA) but have not heard back since. I wonder if they rechecked my LSAT and if this status letter vanishing act portends a solid ding, rewaitlist, or admit. Any thoughts?

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:35 am

Got an email telling me to check my Cane ID and got wait-listed after being held months ago :lol:

Im not going to bother with waiting as I have better options available. Good luck to everyone else!

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 am

On hold since around Thanksgiving. Bah. Although my LSAT is low, I thought my GPA would get me into Miami. It looks like it doesn't even matter since accepted students' day is soon and they ran out of money. I still say they will give more money out when more people stop dropping. How could they possibly have run out of money?

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jdncu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 am

drummerboy wrote:Hey guys sorry if this has been addressed but my cane page directs me to the lsac site. then nothing happens there either. Any ideas whats going on. I too was placed on hold after the october lsat came out then i retook scored higher( within UM range with a solid GPA) but have not heard back since. I wonder if they rechecked my LSAT and if this status letter vanishing act portends a solid ding, rewaitlist, or admit. Any thoughts?


The same has happened to pretty much everyone else on hold from what I can tell. Someone posted the link below yesterday and claims that if you sign into your myUM page and then go to the link it will reveal your admissions decision early. I have no idea as to the validity of this, as it shows me as accepted, and only one person has said that it brings them to a new hold letter instead of an acceptance.

I did not get a myUM notification this morning.

https://myum.miami.edu/Admissions/Accep ... Letter.asp

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 am

jdncu wrote:
drummerboy wrote:Hey guys sorry if this has been addressed but my cane page directs me to the lsac site. then nothing happens there either. Any ideas whats going on. I too was placed on hold after the october lsat came out then i retook scored higher( within UM range with a solid GPA) but have not heard back since. I wonder if they rechecked my LSAT and if this status letter vanishing act portends a solid ding, rewaitlist, or admit. Any thoughts?


The same has happened to pretty much everyone else on hold from what I can tell. Someone posted the link below yesterday and claims that if you sign into your myUM page and then go to the link it will reveal your admissions decision early. I have no idea as to the validity of this, as it shows me as accepted, and only one person has said that it brings them to a new hold letter instead of an acceptance.

I did not get a myUM notification this morning.

https://myum.miami.edu/Admissions/Accep ... Letter.asp



Crap. I get a hold letter still.

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jdncu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:25 am

jaydizzle wrote:
jdncu wrote:
drummerboy wrote:Hey guys sorry if this has been addressed but my cane page directs me to the lsac site. then nothing happens there either. Any ideas whats going on. I too was placed on hold after the october lsat came out then i retook scored higher( within UM range with a solid GPA) but have not heard back since. I wonder if they rechecked my LSAT and if this status letter vanishing act portends a solid ding, rewaitlist, or admit. Any thoughts?


The same has happened to pretty much everyone else on hold from what I can tell. Someone posted the link below yesterday and claims that if you sign into your myUM page and then go to the link it will reveal your admissions decision early. I have no idea as to the validity of this, as it shows me as accepted, and only one person has said that it brings them to a new hold letter instead of an acceptance.

I did not get a myUM notification this morning.

https://myum.miami.edu/Admissions/Accep ... Letter.asp



Crap. I get a hold letter still.


Take it with a grain of salt. I am still skeptical myself and won't believe it until I get a myUM update notification.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:31 am

spoke to admissions office. they stated decision rendered official email on monday 28th

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jdncu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 am

drummerboy wrote:spoke to admissions office. they stated decision rendered official email on monday 28th


So you are saying that the link we have all been going to is giving us the correct decision? Or just that we will all be finding out on Monday?

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am

my experience with the link is that the um site directed me to the lsac site. i was told that we should disregard anything except an official email from um. according to the lady i spoke to, on her end the computer says decision rendered she claims that she has no further info. i should expect the official decision via email on the 28th

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 am

jaydizzle wrote:
jdncu wrote:
drummerboy wrote:Hey guys sorry if this has been addressed but my cane page directs me to the lsac site. then nothing happens there either. Any ideas whats going on. I too was placed on hold after the october lsat came out then i retook scored higher( within UM range with a solid GPA) but have not heard back since. I wonder if they rechecked my LSAT and if this status letter vanishing act portends a solid ding, rewaitlist, or admit. Any thoughts?


The same has happened to pretty much everyone else on hold from what I can tell. Someone posted the link below yesterday and claims that if you sign into your myUM page and then go to the link it will reveal your admissions decision early. I have no idea as to the validity of this, as it shows me as accepted, and only one person has said that it brings them to a new hold letter instead of an acceptance.

I did not get a myUM notification this morning.

https://myum.miami.edu/Admissions/Accep ... Letter.asp



Crap. I get a hold letter still.


+1. Wasn't expecting to hear anything this early, but I would love to make arrangements to attend admitted students weekend and start looking for housing if I am accepted. At least I'm not the only one who still has a hold letter. I was starting to get worried.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:53 am

yes. i wish i can also attend. i guess ill know by monday. when is admitted students weekend anyway?
Last edited by drummerboy on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:56 am

drummerboy wrote:yes. i wish i can also attend. i guess ill know by monday.


Is everyone on hold supposed to receive a decision on Monday? Or just the people who have had their statuses change?

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 am

I believe it is mostly on March 25th and then there is supposed to be something for housing on the 26th.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Good question. I dont remember how i first discovered i was on hold. its been so long ago. hence i dont remember whether a change in status has taken place on my end. all i know is that as of today, um simply directs me to the lsac site which i was told to disregard. if a decision has been rendered as she states it has based on her computer message., then 28th will be the official date of the decision

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jdncu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:03 pm

drummerboy wrote:my experience with the link is that the um site directed me to the lsac site. i was told that we should disregard anything except an official email from um. according to the lady i spoke to, on her end the computer says decision rendered she claims that she has no further info. i should expect the official decision via email on the 28th


Thanks for calling them. I hope I get a decision Monday as well.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:05 pm

youre welcome. how did your status change? What was the original message and what is your followup message? I cant for the life of me remember my situation

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

drummerboy wrote:Good question. I dont remember how i first discovered i was on hold. its been so long ago. hence i dont remember whether a change in status has taken place on my end. all i know is that as of today, um simply directs me to the lsac site which i was told to disregard. if a decision has been rendered as she states it has based on her computer message., then 28th will be the official date of the decision


Thanks. Mine isn't directing me to the LSAC site. It's exactly the same as it was when I was first placed on hold. So I guess that means I don't have a decision rendered yet.

jdncu
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jdncu » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 pm

flgator10 wrote:
drummerboy wrote:Good question. I dont remember how i first discovered i was on hold. its been so long ago. hence i dont remember whether a change in status has taken place on my end. all i know is that as of today, um simply directs me to the lsac site which i was told to disregard. if a decision has been rendered as she states it has based on her computer message., then 28th will be the official date of the decision


Thanks. Mine isn't directing me to the LSAC site. It's exactly the same as it was when I was first placed on hold. So I guess that means I don't have a decision rendered yet.


drummer boy: Are you clicking on the link on your myUM homepage? That link still directs me to the LSAC site as well. We have all been finding hold or decision letters by signing in to myUM and then clicking the link below. If this is what you have done, then I am even more skeptical of the validity of the link.

https://myum.miami.edu/Admissions/Accep ... Letter.asp

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 pm

drummerboy wrote:youre welcome. how did your status change? What was the original message and what is your followup message? I cant for the life of me remember my situation


My status hasn't changed, but I know for some people instead of view admissions decision they were getting a different message saying view admissions documents needed or something and then they were able to see an acceptance by clicking on that link. None of the above for me though. That link directs me right back to my hold letter.

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby drummerboy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:18 pm

ok i have no documents at all. i guess i must have had a hold letter in the past. its clearly gone now. however, the next email will be the decision and its supposed to be on the 28th




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests