U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby brupe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Applied 11/16/10, still haven't received my CaneID email or confirmation yet. NOT COOL UM. NOT COOL.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Sandro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Does Miami give out fee waivers with any ease? I want to apply but I doubt they would give me any scholly money. 2.9/164-pending retake

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby alicrimson » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Does Miami give out fee waivers with any ease? I want to apply but I doubt they would give me any scholly money. 2.9/164-pending retake


Idk. When I applied, I assumed I did not have one; however, when I hit submit they said I had a fee waiver. I'm sure they aren't too stingy with them. Both my brother and I had one. I think your 164 will get you a fee waiver.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Sandro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Just checked, no fee waiver. I will email them tonight and ask for one.

epidemika
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby epidemika » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 am

I went complete November 29th. Haven't heard anything yet. Their JD/MM in Music Business is my ideal program. Hopefully I can transfer into that program if I don't get in for first year. I'm still waiting to hear from Stetson, FIU, and Nova. I've been accepted to Barry and St. Thomas. If these are the only two schools I will get into, I will most likely choose St. Thomas and try to transfer to Miami or FIU for 2L, or I will stay at St. Thomas and apply for the JD/MBA in Sports Management. I currently am a booking agent for music and sports, so this program would be a great supplement to my current practice. Any advice from Floridians would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
boilerup89
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby boilerup89 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 am

Sandro777 wrote:Does Miami give out fee waivers with any ease? I want to apply but I doubt they would give me any scholly money. 2.9/164-pending retake


I applied fully expecting to pay the app fee. To my surprise I had a fee wavier when I checked out, which was awesome 8) . I never received any communication I would be getting this fee wavier. My numbers are 160/3.75. You could probably call there admissions office and get a fee wavier if you asked. And I wouldn't be so sure about the lack of scholly because Miami really wants to raise their LSAT median so they would be looking for splitters.

jdhakert
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:04 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jdhakert » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 am

Sandro777 wrote:Just checked, no fee waiver. I will email them tonight and ask for one.


When I had them send me a copy of the 20 questions you should ask yourself about law school or whatever they sent a fee waiver w that. Unfortunately it was too late because I had applied about a month earlier.

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby deliriousxix » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:51 am

I e-mailed and asked and received one. 161/3.32. The lady I spoke to was really nice too.

cmk
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby cmk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Does Miami give out fee waivers with any ease? I want to apply but I doubt they would give me any scholly money. 2.9/164-pending retake


I emailed and asked for one and they granted my request. I had to print something out and mail it to them after I submitted my app, not ideal, but a fee wavier is worth the 44 cents in postage.

greeneyes812
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby greeneyes812 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I just got in today, but does anybody know about scholarship info? It didn't say anything in my acceptance letter, so I'm assuming that means no, but if so I'm really disappointed. Did anybody else get any $$?

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby TT09 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Looks like I'll be riding the waiting list. Damn.

Mpeterson4
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Mpeterson4 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 pm

greeneyes812 wrote:I just got in today, but does anybody know about scholarship info? It didn't say anything in my acceptance letter, so I'm assuming that means no, but if so I'm really disappointed. Did anybody else get any $$?


I do not believe Miami has given any information about scholarships yet

User avatar
yepyep
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby yepyep » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:55 am

boilerup89 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Does Miami give out fee waivers with any ease? I want to apply but I doubt they would give me any scholly money. 2.9/164-pending retake


I applied fully expecting to pay the app fee. To my surprise I had a fee wavier when I checked out, which was awesome 8) . I never received any communication I would be getting this fee wavier. My numbers are 160/3.75. You could probably call there admissions office and get a fee wavier if you asked. And I wouldn't be so sure about the lack of scholly because Miami really wants to raise their LSAT median so they would be looking for splitters.


+1. I was looking at some people who received scholarships the last few years with 165/2.9 or lower and they were significant 20,000/yr. Miami's LSAT median is not good which makes them somewhat desperate for high lsats and not necessarily opposed to splitters. I'm in with a 165/2.7 and they dont send out scholly notification for 3-4 weeks from what I read in the online packet. I hope I get something.

jacob_c84
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jacob_c84 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 pm

yepyep wrote:
boilerup89 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Does Miami give out fee waivers with any ease? I want to apply but I doubt they would give me any scholly money. 2.9/164-pending retake


I applied fully expecting to pay the app fee. To my surprise I had a fee wavier when I checked out, which was awesome 8) . I never received any communication I would be getting this fee wavier. My numbers are 160/3.75. You could probably call there admissions office and get a fee wavier if you asked. And I wouldn't be so sure about the lack of scholly because Miami really wants to raise their LSAT median so they would be looking for splitters.

+1. I was looking at some people who received scholarships the last few years with 165/2.9 or lower and they were significant 20,000/yr. Miami's LSAT median is not good which makes them somewhat desperate for high lsats and not necessarily opposed to splitters. I'm in with a 165/2.7 and they dont send out scholly notification for 3-4 weeks from what I read in the online packet. I hope I get something.
I heard the scholarship information would be coming out in January

User avatar
plug1
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby plug1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Got a scholarship offer today via email. 24k a year

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby canesfan1986 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 pm

You did?!? What time did you get the email and what did it say?

ClutchCity24
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby ClutchCity24 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:25 pm

numbers?

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:34 pm

got a fee waiver but have to physically mail it in lol.

User avatar
j88
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby j88 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:37 pm

ClutchCity24 wrote:numbers?

jacob_c84
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby jacob_c84 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm

brupe wrote:Applied 11/16/10, still haven't received my CaneID email or confirmation yet. NOT COOL UM. NOT COOL.
Thats crazy-you might want to contact them

User avatar
Swanky
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Swanky » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:20 pm

plug1 wrote:Got a scholarship offer today via email. 24k a year


Congratulations!

More details, please? When did you apply? When were you accepted?

applicant135
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby applicant135 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 pm

plug1 wrote:Got a scholarship offer today via email. 24k a year



Congrats on the scholarship! would you mind sharing your numbers?

brupe
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby brupe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:18 pm

I did email them, Monday, no response. WTF.

peaches2132
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby peaches2132 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:20 pm

brupe wrote:Applied 11/16/10, still haven't received my CaneID email or confirmation yet. NOT COOL UM. NOT COOL.


I didn't hear a single word from them until one day when they told me to go to myUM because there was an update (it was my acceptance). So maybe now that we're getting into the busy part of the cycle, they're slower with IDs.

User avatar
boilerup89
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby boilerup89 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 pm

brupe wrote:I did email them, Monday, no response. WTF.


Could always call...I applied 12/1 and got my Cane ID like one or two days later




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”