U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SixStrings11

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby SixStrings11 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Rgaliana wrote:
cartercl wrote:So do I really need to be the one to ask this question: Hurricanes Football tickets... Do law students get them?

At SunLife Stadium, you just swipe your student ID and you're in. You have access to $25.00 guest passes for your family and friends too.

Precisely. There is a small student activity fee included in your tuition. This covers football, basketball, baseball, and pretty much every other sport. In my four years here for undergrad I've only missed two or three home football games. Although most of the time I just leave the games disappointed (like yesterday...)

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:02 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
Rgaliana wrote:
cartercl wrote:So do I really need to be the one to ask this question: Hurricanes Football tickets... Do law students get them?

At SunLife Stadium, you just swipe your student ID and you're in. You have access to $25.00 guest passes for your family and friends too.

Precisely. There is a small student activity fee included in your tuition. This covers football, basketball, baseball, and pretty much every other sport. In my four years here for undergrad I've only missed two or three home football games. Although most of the time I just leave the games disappointed (like yesterday...)

I know, right. That's gotta suck. Bumped Miami out of the Top-25 too...

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:51 am

Apparently UM finally decide to admit me. Now, I have the full Congratulations letter by just signing in MYUM.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:41 pm

So...clicked little link guy and I see "congratulations" BUT there is a problem with something or other. Consensus was this means admit? Before when I would click the link it said I didn't have permission. Now a huge Congrats BUT call admissions. Hahaha.

Rgaliana

Postby Rgaliana » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 pm

alicrimson wrote:So...clicked little link guy and I see "congratulations" BUT there is a problem with something or other. Consensus was this means admit? Before when I would click the link it said I didn't have permission. Now a huge Congrats BUT call admissions. Hahaha.

I think this means your file is under review

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 pm

jr1886 wrote:Apparently UM finally decide to admit me. Now, I have the full Congratulations letter by just signing in MYUM.

Same here. Now I have new links to view admissions letter and pay my seat deposits. I also have a Miami email address.

egeffin

Postby egeffin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:52 pm

So has everybody who got the "Congratulations" when clicking that link gotten in?

Has anyone's page said "Congratulations" and then they were rejected?

What does it all mean?

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:57 pm

I just got the packet via snail mail. It's official. I'm in!

ballboy899

Postby ballboy899 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 pm

i got the congratulations screen and the packet via snail mail as well..niceee

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Congrats to all of you

I got my acceptance packet today too.

brupe

Postby brupe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:45 pm

I've yet to receive a confirmation that Miami has received my application, and I still dont have a caneID, but the Verna Henley just emailed me about a discrepancy with my last year's application and this year's. WTF! I want my status checker!

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 am

Getting antsy. Granted, UM was not received until the 9th of November but still.lol. I used to be able to click the link and see "congratulations". Now it just says page unavailable BUT in my myum website I have "law school admissions" information. I *should* be okay as both of my numbers are above the 75% but with expecting to not hear from UF or FSU until like April [sad, but probably true], it would be nice to have atleast the assurance that I am going to law school. Hopefully, I will be getting a real congratulations message link in my inbox very soon.

Edited for update:

Talked to someone today. The page says call, right? Anywho, they asked for info yada yada and told me that I should expect "very good news" on the 26th. Yay!

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:11 pm

This may be a dumb question but I figured I'd ask anyway. I was thinking of taking the LSAT again in February, but I want them to review my application before that test (so I would basically use the Feb. LSAT to help with scholarship money and/or to get off waitlist). Does anyone know how this process works? I'm not going to put anything on my application that says I will be taking it again, but will they still find out? Will they hold my application until February or can I still apply before the test and just not tell them that I'm taking it again, then send in my new scores after I take it?

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:00 pm

flgator10 wrote:This may be a dumb question but I figured I'd ask anyway. I was thinking of taking the LSAT again in February, but I want them to review my application before that test (so I would basically use the Feb. LSAT to help with scholarship money and/or to get off waitlist). Does anyone know how this process works? I'm not going to put anything on my application that says I will be taking it again, but will they still find out? Will they hold my application until February or can I still apply before the test and just not tell them that I'm taking it again, then send in my new scores after I take it?

they will review your application with the score you have now unless you tell them otherwise

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 pm

jwrash wrote:
flgator10 wrote:This may be a dumb question but I figured I'd ask anyway. I was thinking of taking the LSAT again in February, but I want them to review my application before that test (so I would basically use the Feb. LSAT to help with scholarship money and/or to get off waitlist). Does anyone know how this process works? I'm not going to put anything on my application that says I will be taking it again, but will they still find out? Will they hold my application until February or can I still apply before the test and just not tell them that I'm taking it again, then send in my new scores after I take it?

they will review your application with the score you have now unless you tell them otherwise

Thanks! That is what I was hoping. And then later on if I need to, I can just send them the new score?

jwrash

Postby jwrash » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:42 am

flgator10 wrote:
jwrash wrote:

Thanks! That is what I was hoping. And then later on if I need to, I can just send them the new score?

they will be able to see your new score immediately after it is released

credence023

Postby credence023 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:25 am

My application is on hold as of 11/24/10. Any advice on how I can strengthen my application?

ballboy899

Postby ballboy899 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:48 pm

so for those who've got accepted and think there is a good shot you're going to UM, anyone look at any nice/cheap places to live at? also wondering if anyone knows what the metrorail is like there? would you say its convenient for the law school?

Rgaliana

Postby Rgaliana » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:56 pm

ballboy899 wrote:so for those who've got accepted and think there is a good shot you're going to UM, anyone look at any nice/cheap places to live at? also wondering if anyone knows what the metrorail is like there? would you say its convenient for the law school?

The Metrorail is fine if you live in downtown. That's part of the problem though; it's pretty much only useful for UM, downtown, and a few other areas. Very convenient for law school if you live in downtown. You'll definitely want a car to get around the city though.

Also, I wouldn't take the Metrorail at night. I've been to D.C., New York City, and other cities with rail transit, and I wouldn't mind riding their public transportation at night. Miami, however, is a different story. I'd avoid it if you can.

ballboy899

Postby ballboy899 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Rgaliana wrote:
ballboy899 wrote:so for those who've got accepted and think there is a good shot you're going to UM, anyone look at any nice/cheap places to live at? also wondering if anyone knows what the metrorail is like there? would you say its convenient for the law school?

The Metrorail is fine if you live in downtown. That's part of the problem though; it's pretty much only useful for UM, downtown, and a few other areas. Very convenient for law school if you live in downtown. You'll definitely want a car to get around the city though.

Also, I wouldn't take the Metrorail at night. I've been to D.C., New York City, and other cities with rail transit, and I wouldn't mind riding their public transportation at night. Miami, however, is a different story. I'd avoid it if you can.

yea i was planning on having my car there but was just curious as to what it would be like to ride the rail to class everyday..and i'm not too concerned about the night thing cuz i would most likely just use it for class and take my car wherever for other things

if anyone has any suggestions on specific areas or places/apartment buildings you've been looking at can you post on here?

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Did anyone get any scholly money from Miami yet?

Rgaliana

Postby Rgaliana » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:58 pm

ballboy899 wrote:
Rgaliana wrote:

yea i was planning on having my car there but was just curious as to what it would be like to ride the rail to class everyday..and i'm not too concerned about the night thing cuz i would most likely just use it for class and take my car wherever for other things

if anyone has any suggestions on specific areas or places/apartment buildings you've been looking at can you post on here?

Check out the newer developments in downtown.. I know a few people who live in the "Met 1" building that love it.. It's near the Bayfront area Metromover stop. I don't know about pricing though.

Another point: there's a difference between Metromover and Metrorail. The Mover is a rubber-wheel-based transit vehicle that goes in a loop around downtown. It'll take you to government center to just in front of the American Airlines Arena. You connect to the Metrorail at government center to take it to the law school. PM me if you need some more detailed tips :lol:

gov

Postby gov » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:00 pm

cartercl wrote:Did anyone get any scholly money from Miami yet?

Won't be sent out until mid. Dec./Jan. at the latest.

from their website:

Scholarships are highly competitive and granted to admitted students on a rolling basis. The majority of scholarships are awarded between December and February of each admission cycle or until the scholarship funds are exhausted....Notification of an institutional scholarship award usually takes place three to four weeks after admission.

--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by gov on Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm

govorett wrote:
cartercl wrote:Did anyone get any scholly money from Miami yet?

Won't be sent out until mid. Dec./Jan. at the latest.

Cool. Thanks.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:38 pm

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”