U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Franco Columbu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

Dear Bless and Chicubs,

The questions that I am asking have nothing to do with the rankings. Ive been following this thread since last years application cycle (09-10) and these are the same questions people asked then. And might I remind you that uMiami had an 11 rank increase that year.

I agree, Stop discussing the rankings because they are meaningless. But start asking other questions, the right questions, specifically, will Miami grads in 2014 land jobs that will allow them to pay off their law school debt?

Chicubs, the fact that you might be going to Miami should make you want to know the answer to that question. I also might be going to Miami, ive already paid the first seat deposit!

And Bless, please, anecdotal evidence means nothing. Also, a sample of one person can't be generalized to the entire population of UMiami grads.

ChiCubs14
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby ChiCubs14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Bless wrote:
ChiCubs14 wrote:I might be going to Miami so it'd be nice if people weren't so negative...

Especially those who have never been through law school and have never searched for a law-related position in the Miami area...

I feel like some people are just bashing Miami for the sake of feeling good about themselves going to UF or some other school....

Ya Miami dropped in the "rankings" but the difference between position 80 and 60 really isn't very great...so everyone please step away from the ledge and just get over it

USN Rankings mean nothing.


I'm from South Florida, and although I am REALLY pissed at UM for not offering me any sort of scholarship and likely will not be attending because of that, I will say that it is a solid school. People on TLS get all hyperactive over rankings, which is both illogical and irrational (and these people want to be lawyers, lmao).

If you do well at UM, you will find a good job. I know people personally who are doing very well as UM Law grads, and one particular girl who landed a nice gig in NYC. I personally feel that Miami has an advantage over FSU as far as reaching into other markets. You are NOT limited to Miami if you graduate from UM... the Miami name carries a long way.


Anecdotal evidence isn't sufficient for that statement. Just as you say that, I can say that my best friend's mother does hiring for Sterns Weaver Miller and she says UF and FSU are seen as far superior schools. FSU places better everywhere in Florida with the exception of Miami, and there it is about the same.

Also, I disagree with your statement about finding a good job if you do well at Miami. What is your definition of finding a good job? Mine is being able to pay back over 200k in sticker debt, which Miami does not give the opportunity for.


Lol at these statements...so based upon your vast experience and knowledge you are making the general statement that having a law degree from Miami provides you with no opportunity to be successful?

No one is disagreeing that FSU and UF will place better in most cases, but to say that you have no chance of finding a good job (one that not only allows you to pay your student loan, but also have a high standard of living, if you need a definition of a "good job") after going to UM is just a ridiculous statement to make; you're not going to UM; everyone knows how much it costs, and the risks involved

Instead of lurking on the UM board for your next chance to bash the school and the people who want to attend maybe your time would be better served here: http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=mia
talking amongst other fans after another Heat loss last night.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:41 pm

ChiCubs14 wrote:Lol at these statements...so based upon your vast experience and knowledge you are making the general statement that having a law degree from Miami provides you with no opportunity to be successful?

No one is disagreeing that FSU and UF will place better in most cases, but to say that you have no chance of finding a good job (one that not only allows you to pay your student loan, but also have a high standard of living, if you need a definition of a "good job") after going to UM is just a ridiculous statement to make; you're not going to UM; everyone knows how much it costs, and the risks involved

Instead of lurking on the UM board for your next chance to bash the school and the people who want to attend maybe your time would be better served here: http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nba&id=mia
talking amongst other fans after another Heat loss last night.


1. They are disagreeing. Read the post before mine. Work on your reading comprehension.

2. Why is it a ridiculous statement? You gave no answer whatsoever other than saying I'm wrong. Work on your reading comprehension.

3. Obviously everyone doesn't know the risks involved, because people are still going to TTT and trying to justify schools such as UM despite enormous odds stacked against them. Work on your reading comprehension.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 pm

I agree with ChiCubs. F.T.H. is just an uneccesary douche. He's mad because he wanted to go to Miami because of his "girlfriend" but didn't get accepted. Hence, we all get to sit here and read his derogatory posts for no reason other than to make himself feel better about not getting in; it's that simple. Please, hurry up and become the semenhole, err, Seminole we all know you are.

While you're in boring Tallahassee, I'll still be here enjoying Law School, the magnificent weather, and my Heat Season Tickets. You're such a bandwagon fan anyway, just stay up there as long as possible.

Everyone should just ignore what he says because he has no credibility.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Actually, I was accepted to all three FL schools, something I don't think ou can say for yourself.

None of you guys have given a single answer for how someone can pay off debt from sticker at Miami. You make insults. Give me facts and I'll shit up.

ChiCubs14
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby ChiCubs14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Work on not being arrogant

Stop posting on this thread you aren't posting sincerely to help steer people in a direction that is better you are just talking down to people...

And you are wrong I don't need to go list successful people from Miami Law you're just being ridiculous/ignorant/fullofyourself when you say that there is 0 opportunity to "have a good job" when you graduate from UM

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 pm

canesfan1986 wrote: You're such a bandwagon fan anyway, just stay up there as long as possible..


Excellent grammar, by the way. You'll definitely be the key to keeping Miami from dropping another 17 spots.

ChiCubs14
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby ChiCubs14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:04 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
canesfan1986 wrote: You're such a bandwagon fan anyway, just stay up there as long as possible..


Excellent grammar, by the way. You'll definitely be the key to keeping Miami from dropping another 17 spots.


Lol attacking someone's grammar... I forgot that's how you win an argument

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:05 pm

ChiCubs14 wrote:Work on not being arrogant


This is 100% correct.


ChiCubs14 wrote:And you are wrong I don't need to go list successful people from Miami Law you're just being ridiculous/ignorant/fullofyourself when you say that there is 0 opportunity to "have a good job" when you graduate from UM


I don't think there is 0 percent chance at all. There certainly is, it's just the odds are stacked highly against it. It frustrates me because it seems people just disregard facts and make meaningless statements like "UM has far reaching name recognition".

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Franco Columbu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Feeltheheat, at this point I think everyone knows how you feel about the issue at hand. This thread will be more productive if you decide to move on to the UF or FSU thread. Thanks for your input.

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Who says I applied to all of the Florida schools? You're great at making assumptions. Oh, and maybe it wasn't that you didn't get in, it's just that you didn't get a scholarship to Miami. I did. That's definitely something you can't say.

Now, let's be real. There's absolutely no "proof" that you'll accept. For instance, I know a lawyer who barely got into Miami, paid sticker, didn't graduate with honors, and now makes $300k a year, which I assure you is more than enough to pay off sticker at Miami. I've seen it done. But now you'll tell me that that's only one person and if I were to make the claim, that I would be overgeneralizing, in which case you'd be right, for once. The point is, why don't you tell me what you're looking for. What qualifies as "proof" in the great mind of "FeelTheHeat?" The truth is that there is no answer that will sate your mind; you'll find faults in any answer I give, and not because they're untrue, but because you want them to be untrue.

And, I don't know if you know this, but it is possible to give your opinion without making other people feel like they're worthless or losers, because they're not.

ChiCubs14
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby ChiCubs14 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
ChiCubs14 wrote:Work on not being arrogant


This is 100% correct.


ChiCubs14 wrote:And you are wrong I don't need to go list successful people from Miami Law you're just being ridiculous/ignorant/fullofyourself when you say that there is 0 opportunity to "have a good job" when you graduate from UM


I don't think there is 0 percent chance at all. There certainly is, it's just the odds are stacked highly against it. It frustrates me because it seems people just disregard facts and make meaningless statements like "UM has far reaching name recognition".


Okay well that is a much more constructive way to say what you meant than how you did earlier...

I'm not making an argument saying that UM is better than UF or FSU; I'm just saying that it is possible to be successful from UM...

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:16 pm

FeelTheHeat, I'm writing on my iPhone and I'm not proofreading. This is pretty much a stream-of-consciousness. It's funny because Miami thinks my "bad grammar" is worth $72,000 and your perfection of grammar is worth you paying them $116,000. You must be an awesome writer for them to offer you that kind of debt.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi guys!

Listen, I don't want to sell anyone on attending Miami, but I do want to say one thing. If sticker at Miami is truly the best option in your mind, after due consideration which includes the possibility of a retake, then you may as well attend. As mentioned earlier, the odds for landing a high paying job aren't great, but if you want to be a lawyer it will do the trick. Just make sure to take out all your loans via federally supported lenders. That way you will qualify for IBR after graduation. Also, think worst case scenario. i.e. I graduate below median, don't find a legal job, and am forced to work in a non-legal field. I think its unlikely that you'll end up an administrative assistant somewhere in Florida, but it is possible. Are you comfortable with that? That's not a scare tactic, as you can still make reasonable payments on your loan, but its clearly not what you may have had in mind when you started down the law school path. If you can answer in the affirmative, then I see no problem with Miami.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Chicub and Franco, you guys are very reasonable. Best of luck and I hope you find a successful path.

Canesfan....holy shit lol

izzy2977
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby izzy2977 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Miami has lots of power in south florida. If you work hard, you can get a job at a large firm making tons of money. Greenberg Traurig, the 8th largest law firm in the US has over 80 lawyers who graduated from UMIAMI. more than UF and FSU. there are so many powerful miami lawyers in the miami area, that a MIAMI degree can carry you a long way.

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Franco Columbu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm thinking of flying down to Miami to attend Law Day. I'm really hoping that the issue of the current legal market in Miami is addressed. I've heard that there are usually many UMiami law grads that attend and are available to provide useful insight.

Chicubs and Canesfan, will you be attending Law Day next week?

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:38 pm

fdr123 wrote:Yes I saw the same thing. The employment rate is very low at UM. It is 59 after 9 months of graduation which is a terribble stat. Especially since most of us are going to law school to get hired and make big $. I wouldnt waste too much time with UM since it seems that FSU amd UF are dominating the rankings in Florida.


Does anyone know where I can find the employment rate of Miami as well as other schools?

izzy2977
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby izzy2977 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:42 pm

UF's employment rate is 60 % according to US news and world report. UM and UF basically have the same employment rate.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:44 pm

flgator10 wrote:
fdr123 wrote:Yes I saw the same thing. The employment rate is very low at UM. It is 59 after 9 months of graduation which is a terribble stat. Especially since most of us are going to law school to get hired and make big $. I wouldnt waste too much time with UM since it seems that FSU amd UF are dominating the rankings in Florida.


Does anyone know where I can find the employment rate of Miami as well as other schools?


Law School Careers
Bar Statistics (Winter and Summer 2009 administrations)
State where the greatest number of first-time test takers took the bar FL
Bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 80.8% - Low
Statewide bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 77.8%
Class of 2009 Graduates
Total graduates 374
Graduates known to be employed at graduation 56.1% - Low
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 82.4% - Low
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Graduation
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 27.5%
Graduates whose employment status is known 72.5%
Graduates known to be employed 56.1%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 4.3%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 7.5%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 4.5%
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Nine Months
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 5.3%
Graduates whose employment status is known 94.7%
Graduates known to be employed 82.4%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 5.9%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 2.4%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 4.0%
Starting Salaries of Graduates Employed Full-time (Class of 2009)
25th percentile private sector starting salary $85,000
Median private sector starting salary $112,000
75th percentile private sector starting salary $140,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information 32%
Median public service starting salary $40,000
Areas of Legal Practice (Class of 2009)
Percent employed in academia 2.5%
Percent employed in business and industry 10.0%
Percent employed in government 7.0%
Percent employed in all judicial clerkships 4.0%
Percent employed in law firms 67.0%
Percent employed in public interest 7.0%
Percent employed in an unknown field 2.5%
Percent employed in a judicial clerkship by an Article III federal judge 1.0%
Employment Location (Class of 2009)
Graduates employed in-state 64%
Graduates employed out-of-state 30.0%
Graduates employed in foreign countries 1%
Number of states where graduates are employed 22
New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT) 0.7%
Middle Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA) 8.4%
East North Central (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI) 1.6%
West North Central (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD) 0.7%
South Atlantic (DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV) 76.0%
East South Central (AL, KY, MS, TN) 1.0%
West South Central (AR, LA, OK, TX) 1.9%
Pacific (AK, CA, HI, OR, WA) 3.2%
Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY) 0.7%
Employment location unknown 5.0%

Career Services
(Data appear as originally submitted by this school)
Career services operations Career Development offers: extraordinary individual counseling with 9 attorneys counseling in different areas of specialty;wide range of job-related programming, networking, mentor programs;resource library;on-campus interviews with national and local employers,government agencies, public service organizations, corporate counsel and the judiciary. For more information visit http://www.law.miami.edu

Job Type
Bar admission required/anticipated (e.g., attorney and corporate counsel positions, law clerks, judicial clerks) 92.0%
Bar admission required/anticipated - percent employed in full-time positions 89.4%
J.D. preferred, law degree enhances position (e.g., corporate contracts administrator, alternative dispute resolution specialist, government regulatory analyst, FBI special agent) 2.4%
J.D. preferred - percent employed in full-time positions 57.1%
Professional other (jobs that require professional skills or training but for which a J.D. is neither preferred nor particularly applicable; e.g., accountant, teacher, business manager, nurse) 1.7%
Professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 60.0%
Non-professional other (job that does not require any professional skills or training or is taken on a temporary basis and not viewed as part of a career path) 0.3%
Non-professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 0.0%

* Law School Careers details based on 2010 data

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby flgator10 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Justathought wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
fdr123 wrote:Yes I saw the same thing. The employment rate is very low at UM. It is 59 after 9 months of graduation which is a terribble stat. Especially since most of us are going to law school to get hired and make big $. I wouldnt waste too much time with UM since it seems that FSU amd UF are dominating the rankings in Florida.


Does anyone know where I can find the employment rate of Miami as well as other schools?


Law School Careers
Bar Statistics (Winter and Summer 2009 administrations)
State where the greatest number of first-time test takers took the bar FL
Bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 80.8% - Low
Statewide bar passage rate (first-time test takers) 77.8%
Class of 2009 Graduates
Total graduates 374
Graduates known to be employed at graduation 56.1% - Low
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation 82.4% - Low
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Graduation
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 27.5%
Graduates whose employment status is known 72.5%
Graduates known to be employed 56.1%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 4.3%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 7.5%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 4.5%
Class of 2009 Graduates-Class Breakdown at Nine Months
Graduates whose employment status is unknown 5.3%
Graduates whose employment status is known 94.7%
Graduates known to be employed 82.4%
Graduates known to be enrolled in a full-time degree program 5.9%
Graduates known to be unemployed and seeking work 2.4%
Graduates known to be unemployed and not seeking work 4.0%
Starting Salaries of Graduates Employed Full-time (Class of 2009)
25th percentile private sector starting salary $85,000
Median private sector starting salary $112,000
75th percentile private sector starting salary $140,000
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information 32%
Median public service starting salary $40,000
Areas of Legal Practice (Class of 2009)
Percent employed in academia 2.5%
Percent employed in business and industry 10.0%
Percent employed in government 7.0%
Percent employed in all judicial clerkships 4.0%
Percent employed in law firms 67.0%
Percent employed in public interest 7.0%
Percent employed in an unknown field 2.5%
Percent employed in a judicial clerkship by an Article III federal judge 1.0%
Employment Location (Class of 2009)
Graduates employed in-state 64%
Graduates employed out-of-state 30.0%
Graduates employed in foreign countries 1%
Number of states where graduates are employed 22
New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT) 0.7%
Middle Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA) 8.4%
East North Central (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI) 1.6%
West North Central (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD) 0.7%
South Atlantic (DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV) 76.0%
East South Central (AL, KY, MS, TN) 1.0%
West South Central (AR, LA, OK, TX) 1.9%
Pacific (AK, CA, HI, OR, WA) 3.2%
Mountain (AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY) 0.7%
Employment location unknown 5.0%

Career Services
(Data appear as originally submitted by this school)
Career services operations Career Development offers: extraordinary individual counseling with 9 attorneys counseling in different areas of specialty;wide range of job-related programming, networking, mentor programs;resource library;on-campus interviews with national and local employers,government agencies, public service organizations, corporate counsel and the judiciary. For more information visit http://www.law.miami.edu

Job Type
Bar admission required/anticipated (e.g., attorney and corporate counsel positions, law clerks, judicial clerks) 92.0%
Bar admission required/anticipated - percent employed in full-time positions 89.4%
J.D. preferred, law degree enhances position (e.g., corporate contracts administrator, alternative dispute resolution specialist, government regulatory analyst, FBI special agent) 2.4%
J.D. preferred - percent employed in full-time positions 57.1%
Professional other (jobs that require professional skills or training but for which a J.D. is neither preferred nor particularly applicable; e.g., accountant, teacher, business manager, nurse) 1.7%
Professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 60.0%
Non-professional other (job that does not require any professional skills or training or is taken on a temporary basis and not viewed as part of a career path) 0.3%
Non-professional other - percent employed in full-time positions 0.0%

* Law School Careers details based on 2010 data



Thank you!

canesfan1986
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby canesfan1986 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Franco, yes I'm going to be there. I'll PM you now so we can meet up at the U.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Bless » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:49 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Anecdotal evidence isn't sufficient for that statement. Just as you say that, I can say that my best friend's mother does hiring for Sterns Weaver Miller and she says UF and FSU are seen as far superior schools. FSU places better everywhere in Florida with the exception of Miami, and there it is about the same.

Also, I disagree with your statement about finding a good job if you do well at Miami. What is your definition of finding a good job? Mine is being able to pay back over 200k in sticker debt, which Miami does not give the opportunity for.

Anecdotal evidence isn't sufficient for that statement? How can you say that? It's a real life example that counters the argument that UM doesn't place well.


Dude, stop comparing UM to FSU and UF. Do you have some sort of insecurity issue with where you're going to law school? Why are you still in this thread bashing UM? Is there a practical reason for doing so? All you keep doing is bringing up FSU and UF. We get it man, they are great schools. They are the best two in Florida; I'm happy for you. This is coming from an FSU alum that hopes to be accepted to FSU. Although I'm not positive I'd attend for reasons I won't get into, that in-state tuition would be tough to pass up.


You're right about paying back the loans, especially in regard to UM. No argument there. I never said you should definitely go there sticker. I won't go as far to say that one should or should not. I don't personally know anyone in this thread, so I have no idea who they are and what their financial situation is like.


Do I think it is possible to pay sticker, graduate at UM, and find a job that will provide the means to pay off those loans? Absolutely, but it won't be easy. Nothing comes easy, especially ITE.
Last edited by Bless on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Justathought
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Justathought » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 pm

To be fair, when looking at the reported data, there is no significant difference in employment prospects when comparing UF to UM. The issue rests in the cost of both institutions.

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Postby Franco Columbu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 pm

izzy2977 wrote:UF's employment rate is 60 % according to US news and world report. UM and UF basically have the same employment rate.


With all due respect, I don't think anyone here wants to re-open the UF, FSU, UM comparison debate. Open up a new thread if you'd like to open up a debate.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”