U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Gold

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Post by Barbie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 pm

cartercl wrote:Okay... what is this "status checker" everyone is talking about? The only thing I received was info to set up a myUM account and I was told it would only say "Congratulations" if you were accepted. So how is it possible that people can tell when they are under review? I want to know how this is possible!
There isn't any way to tell if you are under review. Theyre speculating, I think.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:12 pm

On myUM, a "Law Admissions" box popped up above where it lists your e-mail. It says view missing documents. WHen that showed up, I assumed I was under review and got the decision the following Monday.

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Oh well... I guess I didn't get in anyway. Just called admissions and they said a decision was made like 2 days ago. No e-mail and no "Congratulations!"

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:19 pm

cartercl wrote:Oh well... I guess I didn't get in anyway. Just called admissions and they said a decision was made like 2 days ago. No e-mail and no "Congratulations!"
What? Really? What are your numbers? I thought that decisions this early = admits

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Last edited by gov on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm

govorett wrote:go to the page where someone posted the link to the acceptance letter. It should display the decision if you're in. Someone clicked on it and said they got a waitlist letter. So it should reflect accurately.
Here it is again:
https://myum.miami.edu/Admissions/Accep ... Letter.asp

just make sure you're already logged on to myUM when you click it.

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Barbie wrote:
cartercl wrote:Oh well... I guess I didn't get in anyway. Just called admissions and they said a decision was made like 2 days ago. No e-mail and no "Congratulations!"
What? Really? What are your numbers? I thought that decisions this early = admits
2.76/159 AA Male. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's a rejection because of my super low GPA.
SixStrings11 wrote:
govorett wrote:go to the page where someone posted the link to the acceptance letter. It should display the decision if you're in. Someone clicked on it and said they got a waitlist letter. So it should reflect accurately.
Here it is again:

Yeah, mine doesn't say anything yet. I checked LSN and 2 people said they got an email to check and it was a rejection. I suppose you get the email to check your status regardless of what the decision is? So who knows...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:39 pm

cartercl wrote:
Barbie wrote:
2.76/159 AA Male. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's a rejection because of my super low GPA.
SixStrings11 wrote:
Here it is again:

Yeah, mine doesn't say anything yet. I checked LSN and 2 people said they got an email to check and it was a rejection. I suppose you get the email to check your status regardless of what the decision is? So who knows...

Click the link and nothing happens??

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Barbie wrote:
cartercl wrote:
Barbie wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:
Here it is again:

I would assume they haven't made a decision yet. There's still hope!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Barbie wrote:
cartercl wrote:
Barbie wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:
Here it is again:

Yeah, that link has timed out.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:06 pm

cartercl wrote:
Barbie wrote:
I think you're doing it wrong. Sign in to UM. Then click the link or right click and open in new tab. It shouldn't be timed out then...?

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Barbie wrote:
cartercl wrote:
Barbie wrote:
I think you're doing it wrong. Sign in to UM. Then click the link or right click and open in new tab. It shouldn't be timed out then...?
OHHH SNAP SON!! IT SAYS CONGRATULATIONS!!! IS THIS FOR REAL??? IT HAS MY NAME AND EVERYTHING!!!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:35 pm

cartercl wrote: OHHH SNAP SON!! IT SAYS CONGRATULATIONS!!! IS THIS FOR REAL??? IT HAS MY NAME AND EVERYTHING!!!
Well I'd say that's a good sign.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:24 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
cartercl wrote: OHHH SNAP SON!! IT SAYS CONGRATULATIONS!!! IS THIS FOR REAL??? IT HAS MY NAME AND EVERYTHING!!!
For some reason I'm still waiting for it to say: "Oops, our bad!"

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:32 pm

cartercl wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:
For some reason I'm still waiting for it to say: "Oops, our bad!"
Haha. Hopefully you get the email or packet in the mail soon to confirm.

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
Here it is again:

I just did what you said. This is what I found

CONGRATULATIONS!

There is a problem with your admissions letter. Please contact the Office of Admissions at 305-284-2527. Thank you.

Am I IN or not?

ballboy899

New

Post by ballboy899 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:09 pm

jr1886 wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:
Here it is again:

I just did what you said. This is what I found

CONGRATULATIONS!

There is a problem with your admissions letter. Please contact the Office of Admissions at 305-284-2527. Thank you.

Am I IN or not?

exactly what i have..and haven't gotten an email/update when login or anything..so not sure what it means either

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Not sure. It's possible that the people with "problems" just don't have any decisions made yet?

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 pm

I am going to call UM tomorrow and find out. Their Status checker sucks--the worst.

cartercl

Bronze

Post by cartercl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 pm

I called admissions today (before I did the status checker link) and they told me a decision had been made and that I should just be looking out for snail mail or email telling me to check. A decision has probably been made on you guys' apps as well.

BTW: Mine said the same thing about the problem w/ admissions letter...
Last edited by cartercl on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:41 pm

jr1886 wrote:I am going to call UM tomorrow and find out. Their Status checker sucks--the worst.
It's hard to say that their status checker sucks when they don't really have a status checker. The link I posted is something people get only after a decision is made. I don't think Miami's system is any better/worse than a school like IU-Bloomington or other schools that don't offer any checker of any sort.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
jr1886 wrote:I am going to call UM tomorrow and find out. Their Status checker sucks--the worst.
It's hard to say that their status checker sucks when they don't really have a status checker. The link I posted is something people get only after a decision is made. I don't think Miami's system is any better/worse than a school like IU-Bloomington or other schools that don't offer any checker of any sort.
You may be right but from this following statement(see bold text)
Your UM Student ID is assigned by the University of
Miami and can be used to identify yourself and create an account in the
University Portal, myUM. Once you have established your UM account,
you may use it to keep up-to-date on important information including
changes in your admission status during the application process
I
A reasonable person might infer they mean status checker

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 pm

jr1886 wrote:
Your UM Student ID is assigned by the University of
Miami and can be used to identify yourself and create an account in the
University Portal, myUM. Once you have established your UM account,
you may use it to keep up-to-date on important information including
changes in your admission status during the application process
I
A reasonable person might infer they mean status checker
Oh ok.. Yea, in that respect you're right.. I asked them about that when I got that email and wasn't really given much information. Although the wording of that just says you can view important information including changes in admission status.. and that part of it is true.. As soon as I was accepted I was able to see that change in status. But it doesn't really seem to be good for anything else at the moment..

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

As soon as I was accepted I was able to see that change in status. But it doesn't really seem to be good for anything else at the moment..
Ok cool. I guess the best thing for me to do is to just call tomorrow. I need one acceptance in the bank lol

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:53 pm

jr1886 wrote:
As soon as I was accepted I was able to see that change in status. But it doesn't really seem to be good for anything else at the moment..
Ok cool. I guess the best thing for me to do is to just call tomorrow. I need one acceptance in the bank lol
I hear ya.. I'm probably waiting until March for all the rest of the schools I applied to.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”