U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SixStrings11

Bronze

Re: U. Miami Applicants c/o 2014

Post by SixStrings11 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Barbie wrote:GO BULLS!!!!!!!!!

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

:? That game summed up the football team during my four years here. Start out looking awful, pick it up towards the middle and create a bit of hope, then lose it in the end. Go Canes... Maybe if I go to law school here and give them 3 or 4 more years they can win some sort of ACC championship or something. But that's a long shot lol.

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

:? That game summed up the football team during my four years here. Start out looking awful, pick it up towards the middle and create a bit of hope, then lose it in the end. Go Canes... Maybe if I go to law school here and give them 3 or 4 more years they can win some sort of ACC championship or something. But that's a long shot lol.
UF isn't looking too much better right now :(

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:08 pm

flgator10 wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

Haha, that's true. UF's excuse is the whole team just got drafted last year though. Miami's best players are all juniors and seniors this year. No reason to be playing so poorly (other than coaching).

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

Haha, that's true. UF's excuse is the whole team just got drafted last year though. Miami's best players are all juniors and seniors this year. No reason to be playing so poorly (other than coaching).
I'm just glad I graduated in May. At least I got to experience the glory days. This is pretty embarrassing.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:34 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

I was at the FSU-UF game..oh, how sweet that was... UF's real problem is that they built their team around Tebow, and they're still trying to run the same offense, which obviously isn't working.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ballboy899

New

Post by ballboy899 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:13 am

SixStrings11 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
SixStrings11 wrote:

hahaha sorrrrry had to!

well i guess you don't have to worry about the coaching anymore considering he just got fired haha
maybe this gives some hope to those thinking about attending there :D

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:16 am

ballboy899 wrote: well i guess you don't have to worry about the coaching anymore considering he just got fired haha
maybe this gives some hope to those thinking about attending there :D
Haha yea I had a feeling that was going to happen. I'm interested to see who they bring in now.

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Does anyone know how long Miami wants personal statements to be? I couldn't find any specific length requirements on the application or on the website. Just want to make sure mine is okay before I submit.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm

flgator10 wrote:Does anyone know how long Miami wants personal statements to be? I couldn't find any specific length requirements on the application or on the website. Just want to make sure mine is okay before I submit.
As with most personal statements, keep it under 3 pages. Most schools set a 2 page, double spaced, limit. Stick to that.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 pm

gdane5 wrote:
flgator10 wrote:Does anyone know how long Miami wants personal statements to be? I couldn't find any specific length requirements on the application or on the website. Just want to make sure mine is okay before I submit.
As with most personal statements, keep it under 3 pages. Most schools set a 2 page, double spaced, limit. Stick to that.

Good luck!
Thanks! And by 2 pages you mean double spaced right? Mine should be fine then sine it's a little over 2 pages. I just found it strange that they didn't have any requirement like all of the other schools I am applying to.

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 am

flgator10 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:

Good luck!
Thanks! And by 2 pages you mean double spaced right? Mine should be fine then sine it's a little over 2 pages. I just found it strange that they didn't have any requirement like all of the other schools I am applying to.
Yea, mine was about 2 and a half double spaced.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:39 am

Mine was 4. :D

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 am

flgator10 wrote:
gdane5 wrote:

Good luck!
Honestly, I put my "2 pages" in; however, they were single spaced from the four page one I wrote to other schools. I got in and I don't think it hurt me. My justification was that it never specified double-spaced. I only advocate this though if you're sure you'll get in. [I'm sorry if this sounded super a-hole but I would have liked this when I submitted my app]

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate it!

chardy

New

Post by chardy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 pm

Does having a myUM id mean that your file is complete? When I log to the myUM page it says under Law Admissions with a link saying "Your Juris Doctor in Law School Admissions Information"...after this it says "View Admissions Documents Needed" with a link to LSAC. Does anyone else have this? Does this mean my file is incomplete or something? If anyone can shed any light please let me know.

egeffin

New

Post by egeffin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:36 pm

chardy wrote:Does having a myUM id mean that your file is complete? When I log to the myUM page it says under Law Admissions with a link saying "Your Juris Doctor in Law School Admissions Information"...after this it says "View Admissions Documents Needed" with a link to LSAC. Does anyone else have this? Does this mean my file is incomplete or something? If anyone can shed any light please let me know.

Yeah I have it. You are fine

MrThomasFT3

New

Post by MrThomasFT3 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:38 pm

musicalmissionary wrote:Anyone else in here planning on the JD/MM in Music Business?
I'm definitely interested in that program. I have a minor in music.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

musicalmissionary

New

Post by musicalmissionary » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 pm

MrThomasFT3 wrote:
musicalmissionary wrote:Anyone else in here planning on the JD/MM in Music Business?
I'm definitely interested in that program. I have a minor in music.
This is my main reason for leaning towards UM. I run a nonprofit record label (http://www.musicalmissionary.com) and I would love to master all aspects of music business and law (and nonprofits). The business model for my label is trading artists a tax-exemption for their in-kind donation of music and then raising money for the mission of providing music education to underprivileged kids. Right now I deal with independent electronic music producers, but in the future I would love to get some major artists involved in the project. So I'd like to really understand the world of Big Entertainment inside and out. Plus, I am totally fascinated by intellectual property law, copyright in particular.

Unless I get into Fordham, which is a long shot for me, I'll be at UM next year.

egeffin

New

Post by egeffin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 am

In - got the email at 5am this morning :)

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:55 pm

egeffin wrote:In - got the email at 5am this morning :)
Congrats!!! They sure do love their early morning emails.

swmswm2011

New

Post by swmswm2011 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 am

In, as of this morning too! My email went out at 4:16 am haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sealoquesea

New

Post by sealoquesea » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:19 am

Also in as of this morning. First acceptance! Wanted to know when we could expect to hear about scholarships. It will play an enormous part in my decision. I am looking forward to UM and living in Brickell!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:03 pm

sealoquesea wrote:Also in as of this morning. First acceptance! Wanted to know when we could expect to hear about scholarships. It will play an enormous part in my decision. I am looking forward to UM and living in Brickell!
Hopefully sometime this month.

cmk

New

Post by cmk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Anyone else having a problem setting up their CaneID? I went to the website, entered the UM Student ID they sent me via email as well as my birthday, the next page asked me what city I was born in. It kept telling me my answer was incorrect (which it definitely is not). Now I'm locked out of the site because I attempted to log in to many times. Suggestions?

ballboy899

New

Post by ballboy899 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:39 pm

cmk wrote:Anyone else having a problem setting up their CaneID? I went to the website, entered the UM Student ID they sent me via email as well as my birthday, the next page asked me what city I was born in. It kept telling me my answer was incorrect (which it definitely is not). Now I'm locked out of the site because I attempted to log in to many times. Suggestions?

I had the same problem as well. Just call the number it gives and they'll reset it with you. Did you apply for undergrad there? I did and I think that's the reason that it was all messed up..but they'll fix it for you

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”