University of Houston 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
txsunshine
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby txsunshine » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:12 am

bartleby wrote:Snail mail scholarship for $2,500 a year. Really disappointed.


Mind if I ask your numbers? You can PM me if you want. I'm just wondering whether I should expect any $ based on what they've already given out.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby bartleby » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:18 am

txsunshine wrote:
bartleby wrote:Snail mail scholarship for $2,500 a year. Really disappointed.


Mind if I ask your numbers? You can PM me if you want. I'm just wondering whether I should expect any $ based on what they've already given out.


-

AdlTX4
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby AdlTX4 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Anyone who was WL'd receive a letter in the mail yet?

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Mce252 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 pm

AdlTX4 wrote:Anyone who was WL'd receive a letter in the mail yet?



Yes.

AdlTX4
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby AdlTX4 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 pm

Strange, I haven't gotten it yet. Wanted to know what info. there was in there as far as updating them with new LORs/LOCI, etc... I'm in Austin, shouldve recvd it by now you would think.

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Mce252 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:45 pm

AdlTX4 wrote:Strange, I haven't gotten it yet. Wanted to know what info. there was in there as far as updating them with new LORs/LOCI, etc... I'm in Austin, shouldve recvd it by now you would think.


When did you get your waitlist status update? The letter just briefly explains the waitlist and instructions to to email them additional materials.

AdlTX4
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby AdlTX4 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Last Friday afternoon. You think an additional LOR should come in to them through lsac?

User avatar
Mce252
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Mce252 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:36 pm

AdlTX4 wrote:Last Friday afternoon. You think an additional LOR should come in to them through lsac?



They probably won't request anything else from LSAC so it won't get to them.

org_chemist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby org_chemist » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 pm

sceva31st wrote:
org_chemist wrote:
Chris4943 wrote:Damn, my status hasn't budged since 1/6/2011. Just says "File Complete".

Probably a lost cause. My lsat and gpa are completely lacking.


You're my numbers twin and my status has been at file complete since then too. Oh well, at least I'm not alone.


Im somewhere around the numbers you two have and I have been stuck at file complete since 1/6 as well.

Sometimes no news really is good news...I hope :)



My status checker moved to "file in review 3/11". Fingers crossed.

dey206
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby dey206 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:43 am

finally in review 3/11 anybody else

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby merc280 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 am

nope. mine is still complete. probably a rejection

User avatar
francisConn
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby francisConn » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Got scholly letter this past week. 5k. I would've considered attending had they given me 15-20k, but 5 ain't gonna cut it. Anyone negotiated UHLC before?

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby aquyenl » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 am

got 10k a year. if UH wants to jump in the rankings, they really gotta do better than that.

User avatar
vttran9
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby vttran9 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

Got an acceptance email Friday. Now I am waiting for $$$

vabdin
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby vabdin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 am

Applied 2/23 for PT. Admitted on friday. 165/3.49. Yall think I got a shot at some $$$$? I do have 4 yrs of very good work experience as well.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:09 am

vabdin wrote:Applied 2/23 for PT. Admitted on friday. 165/3.49. Yall think I got a shot at some $$$$? I do have 4 yrs of very good work experience as well.


I just applied PT, I think you gonna get some money.

I'm at Houston for my undergrad right now and back in 2006 i think the PT numbers were around 155, today they are 160 wtf? So did not see this coming :(

vabdin
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby vabdin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am

IHaveLawyers wrote:
vabdin wrote:Applied 2/23 for PT. Admitted on friday. 165/3.49. Yall think I got a shot at some $$$$? I do have 4 yrs of very good work experience as well.


I just applied PT, I think you gonna get some money.

I'm at Houston for my undergrad right now and back in 2006 i think the PT numbers were around 155, today they are 160 wtf? So did not see this coming :(


U of H's numbers have been steadily climbing the last few years. I think thats true for a lot of the schools tho. I guess thats a good thing for the schools reputation.

vabdin
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby vabdin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 pm

aquyenl wrote:got 10k a year. if UH wants to jump in the rankings, they really gotta do better than that.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Leira7905 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

I got 10K per year too, but I'm withdrawing... going to UT. Hopefully I'll open a spot for someone else.

vabdin
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby vabdin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Leira7905 wrote:I got 10K per year too, but I'm withdrawing... going to UT. Hopefully I'll open a spot for someone else.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby aquyenl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm

vabdin wrote:Do you mind sharing your stats?


166/3.76. i think i'll try to negotiate for an increase.

UH is my alma mater too!

vabdin
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby vabdin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

aquyenl wrote:
vabdin wrote:Do you mind sharing your stats?


166/3.76. i think i'll try to negotiate for an increase.

UH is my alma mater too!


That sounds weak. Do they post the scholarship info on the admission status page or is that supp to be in a separate email?

User avatar
Leira7905
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Leira7905 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:50 pm

vabdin wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:I got 10K per year too, but I'm withdrawing... going to UT. Hopefully I'll open a spot for someone else.

Do you mind sharing your stats?


Oops, sorry I forgot I took them off of my profile... 3.51/165 URM + 4 years WE as paralegal.

User avatar
TJISMYHERO
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TJISMYHERO » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:01 am

Houston moved to #56 in USNWR, with 75% employed at graduation compared with 66% at SMU. While these numbers are marginal in meaning they do make me feel significantly better about being held at SMU. See some of you at the ASW on the 25th!

TheSkipper
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TheSkipper » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 am

I'm pleased UH is trending upward.

I won't be attending this ASW, because that day is actually my bachelor party.

I thought I had seen somewhere that they hold another one later in the year, does anyone know where to find that information? Maybe I just imagined that...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DoYouEvenTLS, liuwenyu, NavyNuke, ramp_999 and 14 guests