University of Houston 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:38 pm

I found this on the website, it's the admitted students page for 2011. According to the website, they will be mailing us a copy of the brochure with our decision letter.

Admitted Students Page:
http://www.law.uh.edu/admissions/admitted-students.html

Brochure:
http://www.law.uh.edu/admissions/admitt ... ochure.pdf

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby upfish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

So what are the chances that they'll do more admits this week? Do they do them daily once they start or is it a weekly kind of thing? I'm totally clueless on this front, and it would help my obsessive status checking habit to know, haha.

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby upfish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:52 pm

upfish wrote:So what are the chances that they'll do more admits this week? Do they do them daily once they start or is it a weekly kind of thing? I'm totally clueless on this front, and it would help my obsessive status checking habit to know, haha.


nevermind, i did my own research on LSN and it does appear that they did daily admits this week last year. So, i'll be checking once an hour from now 'til 5:00. O.O

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TT09 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 pm

upfish wrote:
upfish wrote:So what are the chances that they'll do more admits this week? Do they do them daily once they start or is it a weekly kind of thing? I'm totally clueless on this front, and it would help my obsessive status checking habit to know, haha.


nevermind, i did my own research on LSN and it does appear that they did daily admits this week last year. So, i'll be checking once an hour from now 'til 5:00. O.O


+1

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:25 pm

According to the status checker, they mailed our decision letters today. I'm in San Antonio so I should get mine tomorrow or Saturday, really excited!

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby bartleby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow, I'm in.

Decision Rendered- Admitted

aquyenl
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby aquyenl » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm

bartleby wrote:Wow, I'm in.

Decision Rendered- Admitted


told ya!

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Capitol A » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm

bartleby wrote:Wow, I'm in.

Decision Rendered- Admitted

I knew you'd be in.
I guess this means you didn't mention Clyde Drexler in your PS after all.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby bartleby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks guys. Huge sigh of relief. Good luck to everyone else!

TheSkipper
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TheSkipper » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Is anyone else here planning on attending? I'm sending my seat deposit today

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:29 pm

TheSkipper wrote:Is anyone else here planning on attending? I'm sending my seat deposit today

:shock: Already?? Wow, congrats on the decision! Why not wait until March after they send out scholarship info though? Was it your top choice the whole time?

TheSkipper
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TheSkipper » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Yes, uh is my top choice. My fiancee just got an awesome job here in the city, so it was either uh or Texas southern or south Texas. I have not even applied to them and now I don't have to.

I'm not really expecting scholarships. Obviously they'd be great but ill be going no matter what.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm

TheSkipper wrote:Yes, uh is my top choice. My fiancee just got an awesome job here in the city, so it was either uh or Texas southern or south Texas. I have not even applied to them and now I don't have to.

I'm not really expecting scholarships. Obviously they'd be great but ill be going no matter what.


Awesome. Well congrats on your acceptance and sending in your seat deposit! I wish I was close to being able to make a final decision, but a lot more waiting in store for me :D

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby thewarflamingo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm

By the way, has anyone received their admit packet in the mail yet? I'm in San Antonio and haven't gotten it yet, I'm hoping it comes today.

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Capitol A » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:53 pm

TheSkipper wrote:Yes, uh is my top choice. My fiancee just got an awesome job here in the city, so it was either uh or Texas southern or south Texas. I have not even applied to them and now I don't have to.

I'm not really expecting scholarships. Obviously they'd be great but ill be going no matter what.

Being that you're in this soon, I would think they will offer you some $$. With that in mind I would suggest waiting to send the deposit. There is no reason for them to offer you scholly if you've already committed. Just my. 02, of course.

AP-375
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby AP-375 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Has anyone else gotten in so far since Friday? Do adcomms usually take off for a week or two for Christmas? I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep re-checking my status checker every hour, or if I should just wait until January...

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby maxm2764 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:15 pm

TheSkipper wrote:Is anyone else here planning on attending? I'm sending my seat deposit today


If I get in (fingers crossed) I'll definitely be attending. Congrats on the acceptance and seat deposit though, that's awesome!

txag10
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby txag10 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 am

"File in Review" since 12/16.

longhornlaw
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby longhornlaw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Well, my in review date changed again. Updated now to 12/21

User avatar
upfish
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby upfish » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:23 pm

longhornlaw wrote:Well, my in review date changed again. Updated now to 12/21


Mine just changed to 12/22/10.

I'm assuming that means no decision for us before Christmas. :(

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby deliriousxix » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:35 pm

upfish wrote:
longhornlaw wrote:Well, my in review date changed again. Updated now to 12/21


Mine just changed to 12/22/10.

I'm assuming that means no decision for us before Christmas. :(


me too. booo :(

User avatar
maxm2764
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby maxm2764 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Mine changed as well. I guess it's better than a rejection.

longhornlaw
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby longhornlaw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 pm

maxm2764 wrote:Mine changed as well. I guess it's better than a rejection.


It's such a tease though. I mean, we can see that they've changed the date. Why not just say "under further review" or something along those lines. It'd help me out, at least semantically.

User avatar
SouthernMagnolia
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby SouthernMagnolia » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Mine hasn't changed. It still says "File In Review" as of 11/30.

User avatar
edgarfigaro
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby edgarfigaro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:57 pm

In via status checker today




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, henryyou, Keilz and 8 guests