University of Houston 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
IHaveLawyers

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Just got the e-mail. Who are the lucky ones that got in?

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I got the email too. Are you all going to write anything back? I have sent so many "updates", LOCI's etc that they are probably annoyed with me...

Also, pretty disappointed. Was hoping for a decision by today. :(

Lonestar87

Postby Lonestar87 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:12 pm

TexasGE wrote:I got the email too. Are you all going to write anything back? I have sent so many "updates", LOCI's etc that they are probably annoyed with me...

What is this email you guys are referring to? I have not gotten one yet and I am also waitlisted! But I too have written a lot to them with updates and LOCI's. What did the email say and was there any word on if they will still be accepting people? I am a fulltime applicant. Please help! Thanks!

anni

Postby anni » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Lonestar87 wrote:
TexasGE wrote:I got the email too. Are you all going to write anything back? I have sent so many "updates", LOCI's etc that they are probably annoyed with me...

What is this email you guys are referring to? I have not gotten one yet and I am also waitlisted! But I too have written a lot to them with updates and LOCI's. What did the email say and was there any word on if they will still be accepting people? I am a fulltime applicant. Please help! Thanks!

Dear anni,
Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Houston Law Center and for your patience with our process. The committee has admitted a few applicants from the waitlist in the past couple of weeks, and the waitlist continues to be active. It is possible that we will admit a few more students in the next two weeks, but we would also encourage you not to jeopardize your position at another law school because you are waiting to hear from our admissions committee.

As mentioned in my previous message, the committee will continue to admit waitlisted candidates as seats become available through mid-August. While we would like to finalize our class and provide you will a final decision sooner, in reality we are dependent on timely responses from our accepted students so that we can know how many additional offers to make.

If you have any new information for the committee, or if you would just like to reiterate your interest in the Law Center, please email lawadmissions@uh.edu.

Thank you for your patience.

Jamie West Dillon, J.D.
Assistant Dean for Admissions

University of Houston Law Center
713-743-2280
lawadmissions@uh.edu

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Can anyone who applied last year comment on this question....

Anyone accepted in August last year, if so, when??

ravkhinda

Postby ravkhinda » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:51 am

TexasGE wrote:Can anyone who applied last year comment on this question....

In 2009, I had a friend who was admitted 2 days before class started.

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 pm

ravkhinda wrote:
TexasGE wrote:Can anyone who applied last year comment on this question....

In 2009, I had a friend who was admitted 2 days before class started.

:shock: wow

Mach 26

Postby Mach 26 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

I got the same letter while on the waitlist last year. I read it (then) as basically “we’re full, but there will probably be a few people who decide not to matriculate for any number of reasons and we will make offers for those slots accordingly. That said, if you made plans to go elsewhere you should probably commit now…” I don’t remember off the top of my head the last TLSr that was pulled from the waitlist last year, but it was pretty late in the cycle. After that, the thread basically died out altogether.

For what it’s worth, I second what ravkhinda said. I know a recent graduate who said she remembers someone getting the call the first day of fall classes.

I really hope there is some good news coming for a few more deserving individuals. If you don’t make it in this year, but Houston is where you absolutely want to be, I would encourage you to try again. Good luck to everyone!

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm on the waitlist and did not receive that email. Who knows what that means.

Lonestar87

Postby Lonestar87 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Mce252 wrote:I'm on the waitlist and did not receive that email. Who knows what that means.

Same Here!!! Did it make a difference if you were a FT or PT applicant? I don't know what to perceive of us not receiving that email!!! :roll:

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I am interested to know why some did and did not, too!

I am PT -- did only PT receive it?

anni

Postby anni » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:40 pm

TexasGE wrote:I am interested to know why some did and did not, too!

I am PT -- did only PT receive it?

Nope, I'm FT and I got it.

umang5000

Postby umang5000 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Has anyone heard any new news from the waitlist? Is it a good thing we got that last email sent out last week?

UHPT

Postby UHPT » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:31 pm

umang5000 wrote:Has anyone heard any new news from the waitlist? Is it a good thing we got that last email sent out last week?

I dont think so...Im pretty sure its time to get ready for round two of applications if you dont have a plan B like me

drsugarray

Postby drsugarray » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Any news? I've heard nothing at all.

kbarry

Postby kbarry » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 pm

drsugarray wrote:Any news? I've heard nothing at all.

I haven't heard anything either.

drsugarray

Postby drsugarray » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:09 pm

I was officially rejected via email. Good luck, folks.

UHPT

Postby UHPT » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:22 am

drsugarray wrote:I was officially rejected via email. Good luck, folks.

sorry to hear that :|

anni

Postby anni » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Did anyone else get that e-mail just now?? Can't believe it was sent out this late, especially with a deadline of tomorrow! Not sure yet if it is worth replying to, don't think I'd actually be able to attend this late but I'd like to see what would happen anyway since I'm sure my chances would be pretty slim.

nomames

Postby nomames » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:39 pm

anni wrote:Did anyone else get that e-mail just now?? Can't believe it was sent out this late, especially with a deadline of tomorrow! Not sure yet if it is worth replying to, don't think I'd actually be able to attend this late but I'd like to see what would happen anyway since I'm sure my chances would be pretty slim.

I got the email also. A damn shame im nowhere near Houston right now, but I might make a harsh decision to run for the coast if I actually got in lol

anni

Postby anni » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:41 pm

nomames wrote:
anni wrote:Did anyone else get that e-mail just now?? Can't believe it was sent out this late, especially with a deadline of tomorrow! Not sure yet if it is worth replying to, don't think I'd actually be able to attend this late but I'd like to see what would happen anyway since I'm sure my chances would be pretty slim.

I got the email also. A damn shame im nowhere near Houston right now, but I might make a harsh decision to run for the coast if I actually got in lol

Just about 30 minutes ago right? I know! I'm so ready to give up retaking and just go but I'm not sure. Are you replying? If so, what are you saying? Thanks!

nomames

Postby nomames » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 pm

anni wrote:
nomames wrote:

Just about 30 minutes ago right? I know! I'm so ready to give up retaking and just go but I'm not sure. Are you replying? If so, what are you saying? Thanks!

Email came in at like 10 pm, crazy stuff. I replied and said i would love to be considered still. What the hell right, they've been dragging you along for months and months...the least you can do is get an actual decision from them.

anni

Postby anni » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 am

nomames wrote:
anni wrote:
nomames wrote:

Email came in at like 10 pm, crazy stuff. I replied and said i would love to be considered still. What the hell right, they've been dragging you along for months and months...the least you can do is get an actual decision from them.

Yeah I agree, I just think I'd feel bad if they did actually offer me a position and then I decline after just having said I would go a week prior. Let me know if you hear anything back tomorrow!

UHPT

Postby UHPT » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am

hey yall what did this email say? i didnt get one :cry:

if yall dont mind me asking what are your stats, the ones who got this email and did you apply pt or ft?

brose

Postby brose » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:18 pm

anni wrote:
Yeah I agree, I just think I'd feel bad if they did actually offer me a position and then I decline after just having said I would go a week prior. Let me know if you hear anything back tomorrow!

Don't feel bad.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”