University of Houston 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 am

baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?


no, UH is th eonly school i applied to because i wanted to stay in Houston and go to school part time. Now i kind of wish i had applied to South Texas :oops:

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 am

UH is my one and only.... :shock:

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby brose » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 pm

brose wrote:Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?


I was thinking along the same lines...except i was going to go to admissions office and ask them whats up because my status checker dates hasnt changed since the first time i got put on the waitlist. If i am at the bottom of pile then id like to know cause its as good as rejection might as well take the lsat again and apply for next year

User avatar
brose
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:05 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby brose » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

UHPT wrote:
brose wrote:Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?


I was thinking along the same lines...except i was going to go to admissions office and ask them whats up because my status checker dates hasnt changed since the first time i got put on the waitlist. If i am at the bottom of pile then id like to know cause its as good as rejection might as well take the lsat again and apply for next year


Yeah, that's my exact thought process. Worst case scenario: rejection. Best case scenario: they see you're still waiting and it helps you out, if not this year then the next!

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm

brose wrote:Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?



I emailed them a few days ago asking whats going on - I got a email back saying they are still going through the admissions process. I think by Friday I am going to call and kindly ask to be told one way or another....I don't know what else to do :(

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm

UHPT wrote:
brose wrote:Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?


I was thinking along the same lines...except i was going to go to admissions office and ask them whats up because my status checker dates hasnt changed since the first time i got put on the waitlist. If i am at the bottom of pile then id like to know cause its as good as rejection might as well take the lsat again and apply for next year



my waitlist status date has not changed either (since beginning of may)

User avatar
anni
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby anni » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:57 pm

baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?



Nope, still waiting it out but am studying to retake the LSAT one more time and try again next year.

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 am

anni wrote:
baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?



Nope, still waiting it out but am studying to retake the LSAT one more time and try again next year.


would this be your second time taking it?

User avatar
anni
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby anni » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:01 pm

UHPT wrote:
anni wrote:
baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?



Nope, still waiting it out but am studying to retake the LSAT one more time and try again next year.


would this be your second time taking it?


Third...:(

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:13 pm

I really wish we knew how many people were still on the WL

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 pm

anni wrote:
UHPT wrote:
anni wrote:
baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?



Nope, still waiting it out but am studying to retake the LSAT one more time and try again next year.


would this be your second time taking it?


Third...:(


I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?

drsugarray
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby drsugarray » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 pm

UHPT wrote:I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?


If you can dramatically improve your score, a second try is worth a shot. I wish I had prepared myself more the first time so I wouldn't have to consider re-taking it a second time (depending on what happens with my WL status, which doesn't look promising).

Lonestar87
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby Lonestar87 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

So has anybody been receiving word about acceptances this week? OR.....do you think we aren't going to hear anything till next week due to some talks of a deposit deadline for this Friday, July 29th? :?:

kbarry
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 am

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby kbarry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 am

Lonestar87 wrote:So has anybody been receiving word about acceptances this week? OR.....do you think we aren't going to hear anything till next week due to some talks of a deposit deadline for this Friday, July 29th? :?:


I haven't heard anything back yet. I hope they send something out if the classes are full.

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am

drsugarray wrote:
UHPT wrote:I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?


If you can dramatically improve your score, a second try is worth a shot. I wish I had prepared myself more the first time so I wouldn't have to consider re-taking it a second time (depending on what happens with my WL status, which doesn't look promising).



yeah i have feeling my status will just be "waitlisted" until school starts then just vanish. so im already mentally preparing myself to get back on the LSAT grind

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 am

UHPT wrote:
drsugarray wrote:
UHPT wrote:I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?


If you can dramatically improve your score, a second try is worth a shot. I wish I had prepared myself more the first time so I wouldn't have to consider re-taking it a second time (depending on what happens with my WL status, which doesn't look promising).



yeah i have feeling my status will just be "waitlisted" until school starts then just vanish. so im already mentally preparing myself to get back on the LSAT grind


that would be really awful if they do that.

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:
drsugarray wrote:
UHPT wrote:I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?


If you can dramatically improve your score, a second try is worth a shot. I wish I had prepared myself more the first time so I wouldn't have to consider re-taking it a second time (depending on what happens with my WL status, which doesn't look promising).



yeah i have feeling my status will just be "waitlisted" until school starts then just vanish. so im already mentally preparing myself to get back on the LSAT grind


that would be really awful if they do that.

I know it would be awful but it seems like it was done to some applicants last year. there is previous post by someone who got accepted this year that this happened to, he/she just reapplied with a better LSAT score etc.

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 am

Mach 26 wrote:
UHPT wrote:
lucield wrote:got admitted into PT today off the waitlist!



Congrats to all those who got accepted to the PT program...if yall dont mind could you guys give your stats..just want to see where i stand...still WL

Also if I were to get rejected would i get an email letting me know i got rejected?


If I remember correctly, they did trim the waitlist a couple of times last year. I rode the waitlist out for FT until the end and did not receive an acceptance or part-time offer, but did not receive a outright rejection either. Communication simply ceased after the semester started.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!


This is what i was referring to in my earlier post..they did it to this person..they could do it to us too..


Also i emailed UH admissions asking them whats the update on PT waitlist and i pretty much mentioned that i knw that they have been offereing pt admissiont o ft applicants and im just wondering if there is cut off date or smthing anything..ugh i probably blew any n all chances i had..but i have pretty much given up so i thought might as well :(

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

TexasGE wrote:I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...



"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

I do not remember contacting them by phone :?

TexasGE
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby TexasGE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 pm

UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...



"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

I do not remember contacting them by phone :?



Yep - the response I got, said the same thing ...I didnt contact them by phone either...haha.

Waitlist is still active..... :shock:

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 pm

TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...



"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

I do not remember contacting them by phone :?



Yep - the response I got, said the same thing ...I didnt contact them by phone either...haha.

Waitlist is still active..... :shock:


Did you get the waitlist update email? :(

UHPT
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:53 pm

UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...



"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

I do not remember contacting them by phone :?



Yep - the response I got, said the same thing ...I didnt contact them by phone either...haha.

Waitlist is still active..... :shock:


Did you get the waitlist update email? :( yeah im done

User avatar
anni
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby anni » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 pm

UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...



"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

I do not remember contacting them by phone :?



Yep - the response I got, said the same thing ...I didnt contact them by phone either...haha.

Waitlist is still active..... :shock:


Did you get the waitlist update email? :(



Ugh yes, I've now lost all hope. Glad I've made other plans though




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests