University of Houston 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
steviejanowski

Re: University of Houston 2011

Postby steviejanowski » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 pm

I was accepted pt yesterday. Currently the ft is full but pt should have a few more spots opening this week. Good luck to everyone waiting.

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:02 pm

hmm accepted yesterday? :shock:

Mce252

Postby Mce252 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm

steviejanowski wrote:I was accepted pt yesterday. Currently the ft is full but pt should have a few more spots opening this week. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Sources?

steviejanowski

Postby steviejanowski » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Mce252 wrote:
steviejanowski wrote:I was accepted pt yesterday. Currently the ft is full but pt should have a few more spots opening this week. Good luck to everyone waiting.

Sources?

I was e-mailed prior to acceptance asking if I was admitted would I accept pt stating ft is full at the moment and pt had a few openings. If I'm eventually accepted ft prior to august orientation that would open another pt slot. I'd expect some more offers today and tomorrow I got mine early evening.

brose

Postby brose » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Congrats!

kbarry

Postby kbarry » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:54 pm

steviejanowski wrote:
Mce252 wrote:

Sources?

I was e-mailed prior to acceptance asking if I was admitted would I accept pt stating ft is full at the moment and pt had a few openings. If I'm eventually accepted ft prior to august orientation that would open another pt slot. I'd expect some more offers today and tomorrow I got mine early evening.

Did they give you a deadline on your decision?

Lonestar87

Postby Lonestar87 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:09 pm

TexasGE wrote:hmm accepted yesterday? :shock:

What I find weird is why they would be taking FT people for PT status, when they already have PT waitlist!!!!!

That makes no sense on how they are going about this....as this is not fair to FT or PT people. Afterall, we had the choice of applying either PT or FT, so you should be considered accordingly, unless they have offered all the waitlisted people. Ahhh well...just throwing in my two cents. But seriously, they need to be more considerate of people waiting.

brose

Postby brose » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:17 pm

For anyone who is admitted FT, they've released sections under your PeopleSoft!

brose

Postby brose » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Lonestar87 wrote:

What I find weird is why they would be taking FT people for PT status, when they already have PT waitlist!!!!!

That makes no sense on how they are going about this....as this is not fair to FT or PT people. Afterall, we had the choice of applying either PT or FT, so you should be considered accordingly, unless they have offered all the waitlisted people. Ahhh well...just throwing in my two cents. But seriously, they need to be more considerate of people waiting.

It's a numbers game :|

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Lonestar87 wrote:

I completely agree with you. I paid for and applied for my application to be considered for PT this entire time --- NOT FAIR, but brose is right...it's a number game :cry:

jpenaonline

Postby jpenaonline » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 pm

TexasGE wrote:
Lonestar87 wrote:

I completely agree with you. I paid for and applied for my application to be considered for PT this entire time --- NOT FAIR, but brose is right...it's a number game :cry:

I requested PT consideration back in mid-May and received the following response from Pam Thomas-Hill:
"Good day!  Thank you for contacting us and your ongoing interest in the University of Houston Law Center JD Program.  An applicant is only allowed one application per admission cycle."

UHPT

Postby UHPT » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 am

brose wrote:
Lonestar87 wrote:

Yep, they just want good stats....I applied for part time because i have to keep my fulltime job while I am in school...Now i kind of wish i had applied for full time then they would probably consider me for PT alot sooner then the pt waitlist

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 am

jpenaonline wrote:
TexasGE wrote:
Lonestar87 wrote:

I requested PT consideration back in mid-May and received the following response from Pam Thomas-Hill:
"Good day!  Thank you for contacting us and your ongoing interest in the University of Houston Law Center JD Program.  An applicant is only allowed one application per admission cycle."

Very interesting....but now they are allowing people to switch

UHPT

Postby UHPT » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

"Good day!  Thank you for contacting us and your ongoing interest in the University of Houston Law Center JD Program.  An applicant is only allowed one application per admission cycle."[/quote]

Very interesting....but now they are allowing people to switch[/quote]

I think they allow you to make the switch when your application is under consideration....they basically want you but because of the lack of space in FT they offer PT instead

noseinlawbook

Postby noseinlawbook » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:28 am

FYI, we are now enrolled in our sections.

Mach 26

Postby Mach 26 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:35 pm

brose wrote:
Lonestar87 wrote:

I hate to have to agree but in large part it is about numbers (especially since USNWR now includes part-time GPA and LSAT scores as part of the incoming class metrics). I was hoping for a part-time offer (after applying full-time) last year and did not get one, but they did offer several people on the full-time waitlist part-time admission. I’m sure it is attractive to potential full-timers considering the relative ease in moving between the programs.

That said, there’s no telling what the current class makeup is or what characteristics they might be looking for to round things out. It's not over till it's over. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 pm

kbarry wrote:
steviejanowski wrote:
Mce252 wrote:

Sources?

Did they give you a deadline on your decision?

+1 ???

steviejanowski

Postby steviejanowski » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:56 pm

They gave me until July 29 to pay and send in my commitment form.

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 pm

steviejanowski wrote:They gave me until July 29 to pay and send in my commitment form.

thanks and Congrats to you!! I am hoping they have a few seats left to still make offers... :)

KFerrell

Postby KFerrell » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 pm

I was sent the same email and acceptance on Tuesday... But I'm struggling with what to do with it. Part time wasn't my plan ...

steviejanowski

Postby steviejanowski » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:29 pm

TexasGE wrote:
steviejanowski wrote:They gave me until July 29 to pay and send in my commitment form.

thanks and Congrats to you!! I am hoping they have a few seats left to still make offers... :)

Thanks a lot I hope all of you get offers, I definitely think at least a few people will drop from ft prior to orientation so that should open both ft and pt spots.

UHPT

Postby UHPT » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Congrats!

Razorback2010

Postby Razorback2010 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:42 am

I applied to FT and was accepted to PT last year. It's actually not a bad deal at all. If you want to go to UH, you can still graduate in 3 years if you switch over to FT after your first year.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

baberuth13

Postby baberuth13 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm

is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?

txag10

Postby txag10 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm

baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?

When I was on the waitlist, I had already paid the deposits at Tech?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”