University of Houston 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UHPT

New

Re: University of Houston 2011

Post by UHPT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 am

baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?
no, UH is th eonly school i applied to because i wanted to stay in Houston and go to school part time. Now i kind of wish i had applied to South Texas :oops:

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 am

UH is my one and only.... :shock:

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 pm

brose wrote:Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?
I was thinking along the same lines...except i was going to go to admissions office and ask them whats up because my status checker dates hasnt changed since the first time i got put on the waitlist. If i am at the bottom of pile then id like to know cause its as good as rejection might as well take the lsat again and apply for next year

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:23 pm

UHPT wrote:
brose wrote:Y'all haven't heard anything back yet? I think it might be time to call since it's getting down to the wire, no?
I was thinking along the same lines...except i was going to go to admissions office and ask them whats up because my status checker dates hasnt changed since the first time i got put on the waitlist. If i am at the bottom of pile then id like to know cause its as good as rejection might as well take the lsat again and apply for next year
Yeah, that's my exact thought process. Worst case scenario: rejection. Best case scenario: they see you're still waiting and it helps you out, if not this year then the next!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm

I emailed them a few days ago asking whats going on - I got a email back saying they are still going through the admissions process. I think by Friday I am going to call and kindly ask to be told one way or another....I don't know what else to do :(

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm

UHPT wrote:

my waitlist status date has not changed either (since beginning of may)

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:57 pm

baberuth13 wrote:is everyone on the waitlist currently enrolled at other schools?

Nope, still waiting it out but am studying to retake the LSAT one more time and try again next year.

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 am

anni wrote:

Nope, still waiting it out but am studying to retake the LSAT one more time and try again next year.
would this be your second time taking it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:01 pm

UHPT wrote:
anni wrote:

Third...:(

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:13 pm

I really wish we knew how many people were still on the WL

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 pm

anni wrote:
UHPT wrote:
anni wrote:

Third...:(
I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?

drsugarray

New

Post by drsugarray » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 pm

UHPT wrote: I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?
If you can dramatically improve your score, a second try is worth a shot. I wish I had prepared myself more the first time so I wouldn't have to consider re-taking it a second time (depending on what happens with my WL status, which doesn't look promising).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lonestar87

New

Post by Lonestar87 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

So has anybody been receiving word about acceptances this week? OR.....do you think we aren't going to hear anything till next week due to some talks of a deposit deadline for this Friday, July 29th? :?:

kbarry

New

Post by kbarry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 am

Lonestar87 wrote:So has anybody been receiving word about acceptances this week? OR.....do you think we aren't going to hear anything till next week due to some talks of a deposit deadline for this Friday, July 29th? :?:
I haven't heard anything back yet. I hope they send something out if the classes are full.

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am

drsugarray wrote:
UHPT wrote: I have heard that to take the LSAT for the third even a second time isnt a good move....what do u think? or have you done any research on how it would affect your chances?
If you can dramatically improve your score, a second try is worth a shot. I wish I had prepared myself more the first time so I wouldn't have to consider re-taking it a second time (depending on what happens with my WL status, which doesn't look promising).

yeah i have feeling my status will just be "waitlisted" until school starts then just vanish. so im already mentally preparing myself to get back on the LSAT grind

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 am

UHPT wrote:
drsugarray wrote:

yeah i have feeling my status will just be "waitlisted" until school starts then just vanish. so im already mentally preparing myself to get back on the LSAT grind
that would be really awful if they do that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:
drsugarray wrote:

that would be really awful if they do that.
I know it would be awful but it seems like it was done to some applicants last year. there is previous post by someone who got accepted this year that this happened to, he/she just reapplied with a better LSAT score etc.

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 am

Mach 26 wrote:
UHPT wrote:
lucield wrote:got admitted into PT today off the waitlist!

Congrats to all those who got accepted to the PT program...if yall dont mind could you guys give your stats..just want to see where i stand...still WL

Also if I were to get rejected would i get an email letting me know i got rejected?
If I remember correctly, they did trim the waitlist a couple of times last year. I rode the waitlist out for FT until the end and did not receive an acceptance or part-time offer, but did not receive a outright rejection either. Communication simply ceased after the semester started.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!
This is what i was referring to in my earlier post..they did it to this person..they could do it to us too..

Also i emailed UH admissions asking them whats the update on PT waitlist and i pretty much mentioned that i knw that they have been offereing pt admissiont o ft applicants and im just wondering if there is cut off date or smthing anything..ugh i probably blew any n all chances i had..but i have pretty much given up so i thought might as well :(

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm

I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

Also let me know what UH says, I am curious to see their response to that...

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

TexasGE wrote:I do remember that post from MACH26 now.

"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

I do not remember contacting them by phone :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TexasGE

Bronze

Post by TexasGE » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 pm

UHPT wrote:

"Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting us both by email and telephone; your resume was received and will be added to your file. Our wait list is still active. We appreciate your patience in our admissions process."

Yep - the response I got, said the same thing ...I didnt contact them by phone either...haha.

Waitlist is still active..... :shock:

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 pm

TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:

Yep - the response I got, said the same thing ...I didnt contact them by phone either...haha.

Did you get the waitlist update email? :(

UHPT

New

Post by UHPT » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:53 pm

UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:

Did you get the waitlist update email? :( yeah im done

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:12 pm

UHPT wrote:
TexasGE wrote:
UHPT wrote:

Did you get the waitlist update email? :(

Ugh yes, I've now lost all hope. Glad I've made other plans though

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”