University of Houston 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ty Webb

Silver

Re: University of Houston 2011

Post by Ty Webb » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:12 pm

bartleby wrote:Sent in enrollment fee Monday but still on the fence. Might free up a spot depending on how the tuition increase looks like.

edit: met the person who picks up the phone. over the phone, i always thought she was rude/inconsiderate but she is actually nicer in person.
I experienced this exact same phenomenon last August.

Peripatetic

New

Post by Peripatetic » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Waitlisted yesterday and withdrew today. Goodluck everyone.

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi All. New to this thread...I applied pt and just went into review as of today. Does anyone know what the turn around time is for pt once you're in review?

Thanks!!

AdlTX4

New

Post by AdlTX4 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:33 pm

Ty Webb wrote:
bartleby wrote:Sent in enrollment fee Monday but still on the fence. Might free up a spot depending on how the tuition increase looks like.

edit: met the person who picks up the phone. over the phone, i always thought she was rude/inconsiderate but she is actually nicer in person.
I experienced this exact same phenomenon last August.
+1

TJISMYHERO

Bronze

Post by TJISMYHERO » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 pm

singingkris wrote:Hi All. New to this thread...I applied pt and just went into review as of today. Does anyone know what the turn around time is for pt once you're in review?

Thanks!!
UH's standard response to this question is: 6-8 weeks. However, the post history on this thread indicates that the wait can exceed 8 weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:40 pm

TJISMYHERO wrote:
singingkris wrote:Hi All. New to this thread...I applied pt and just went into review as of today. Does anyone know what the turn around time is for pt once you're in review?

Thanks!!
UH's standard response to this question is: 6-8 weeks. However, the post history on this thread indicates that the wait can exceed 8 weeks.
Thanks for the heads-up!

lucygirl

New

Post by lucygirl » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks!!
I applied pt too, ive been complete since 3/7 and in review since 4/8!

singingkris

Bronze

Post by singingkris » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:45 pm

lucygirl wrote:

Thanks!!
I applied pt too, ive been complete since 3/7 and in review since 4/8!
Good luck to you :)

libdemjenn

New

Post by libdemjenn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks!!
It was two weeks for me. I went IR 03/31 and received my decision email 04/15.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ETJ13

New

Post by ETJ13 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Applied to the part time program about a week ago, and I am already IR.

Looks like it may be 8 weeks.

Good luck to all!

anthornt

New

Post by anthornt » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Anybody still in review from 4/13? My date changed from 4/7, 4/10,4/13, and still nothing uggh...

amichg

New

Post by amichg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:40 pm

I went IR 4/5 and then IR 4/19. Still holding out a particle of hope.

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:39 pm

WAITLISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy!! The status checker date says yesterday, but it just happened about 20 minutes ago. Off to write my LOCI! :D :D :D

amichg

New

Post by amichg » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Waitlisted :(

nomames

New

Post by nomames » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Does anyone know if Houston sends you a letter with a specific loci topic? Or do we just need a general one?

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:06 pm

nomames wrote:Does anyone know if Houston sends you a letter with a specific loci topic? Or do we just need a general one?

+1.

Also,
I guess I'm expecting a snail mail letter rather than an email explaining everything?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nomames

New

Post by nomames » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 pm

anni wrote:
nomames wrote:Does anyone know if Houston sends you a letter with a specific loci topic? Or do we just need a general one?

+1.

Also,
I guess I'm expecting a snail mail letter rather than an email explaining everything?
I called a few days ago and the woman who answers the phone said something would be snail mailed to us. Just something about the way she answered my question bothered me, like she really didn't know and just wanted to get me off her phone. haha

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:13 pm

nomames wrote:
anni wrote:

+1.

Also,
I called a few days ago and the woman who answers the phone said something would be snail mailed to us. Just something about the way she answered my question bothered me, like she really didn't know and just wanted to get me off her phone. haha
Haha figures. I'm not really familiar with the waitlist process, do I need to also get a new LOR from a new person?

nomames

New

Post by nomames » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 pm

anni wrote:
nomames wrote:
anni wrote:

+1.

Also,
Haha figures. I'm not really familiar with the waitlist process, do I need to also get a new LOR from a new person?
From what I've seen on this site, you do exactly what the school's letter asks you to do. And if they don't ask for anything specific, just a regular loci is suggested.

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

nomames wrote: From what I've seen on this site, you do exactly what the school's letter asks you to do. And if they don't ask for anything specific, just a regular loci is suggested.
ugh guess I will be waiting for snail mail. very excited I wasn't straight rejected though. Thanks so much!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 pm

anni wrote:WAITLISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy!! The status checker date says yesterday, but it just happened about 20 minutes ago. Off to write my LOCI! :D :D :D
This is probably a stupid question but if I decide to make a visit, does this just need to consist of a tour? or do I need to actually set up an appointment to meet with admissions staff? Their website says "Members of the admissions staff are available to speak with prospective applicants..." so I wasn't sure. Thanks!!!

craneje

New

Post by craneje » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:00 pm

anni wrote:WAITLISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! That is great news! I hope your official letter arrives soon so you can submit your LOCI--I wish you the best of luck!

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:17 pm

craneje wrote:

Congratulations! That is great news! I hope your official letter arrives soon so you can submit your LOCI--I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks!! :D me too! I have no idea what to write or do or anything :oops:

Hoping to visit next friday but still unsure what I need to do. If any other waitlisted applicants can help it would be greatly appreciated!!

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:40 pm

anni wrote:
This is probably a stupid question but if I decide to make a visit, does this just need to consist of a tour? or do I need to actually set up an appointment to meet with admissions staff? Their website says "Members of the admissions staff are available to speak with prospective applicants..." so I wasn't sure. Thanks!!!
.bump? :oops:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”