Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 am

BTW, Stanford's admissions offices will be closed next week right? Until the second week of Jan?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:14 am

cardinals1989 wrote:BTW, Stanford's admissions offices will be closed next week right? Until the second week of Jan?


Do you have any good news?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:BTW, Stanford's admissions offices will be closed next week right? Until the second week of Jan?


Do you have any good news?


?

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby pennyloafer17 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:58 am

cardinals1989 wrote:BTW, Stanford's admissions offices will be closed next week right? Until the second week of Jan?


Which day does the office close? This is stressing me out

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23645
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby chup » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:36 am

pennyloafer17 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:BTW, Stanford's admissions offices will be closed next week right? Until the second week of Jan?


Which day does the office close? This is stressing me out

The facilities shut down at 5pm on Friday, and won't open back up until January 3.

hoopla14
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby hoopla14 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:52 am

Just got an email. Looks like today's the day.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:55 am

hoopla14 wrote:Just got an email. Looks like today's the day.


Wait..email? Are you international?

hoopla14
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby hoopla14 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:Just got an email. Looks like today's the day.


Wait..email? Are you international?


No, in NY. But I'm at work so I didn't get the call on my cell. Dean Deal tried that first, according to the email.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 am

hoopla14 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:Just got an email. Looks like today's the day.


Wait..email? Are you international?


No, in NY. But I'm at work so I didn't get the call on my cell. Dean Deal tried that first, according to the email.


Wow...guess she is doing some pre-break acceptances. Congratulations!!! Also...she gets going really early.

Do you mind sharing numbers, complete date, etc.?

hoopla14
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby hoopla14 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:09 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
hoopla14 wrote:Just got an email. Looks like today's the day.


Wait..email? Are you international?


No, in NY. But I'm at work so I didn't get the call on my cell. Dean Deal tried that first, according to the email.


Wow...guess she is doing some pre-break acceptances. Congratulations!!! Also...she gets going really early.

Do you mind sharing numbers, complete date, etc.?


I went complete on the 18th. PM me for numbers.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby thecilent » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 pm

*is jealous*

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23645
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby chup » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Yeah I left the library at around 6:30 yesterday and there were still some lights on in the admissions offices.

MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL.

/backs away slowly.

intheend
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby intheend » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Got the call just as I stepped out of my last final! 10:56 ET.

She is SO NICE!

Makes that no JR1 despite 11/15 UR so much more bearable.

I cannot get over it!

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Congrats everyone!!! I'm guessing you also went complete in mid-November, intheend? I would have gone complete 3 weeks earlier than I did if it weren't for my UG blatantly lying to me about sending the Dean's Cert. :( I'm projecting that us later applicants will hear back after the break. :D

intheend
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby intheend » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Confused7 wrote:Congrats everyone!!! I'm guessing you also went complete in mid-November, intheend? I would have gone complete 3 weeks earlier than I did if it weren't for my UG blatantly lying to me about sending the Dean's Cert. :( I'm projecting that us later applicants will hear back after the break. :D


Yup, submitted for review 11/18!

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

!

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Ehh if I dont get a call soon I shall end my hope and prepare to serve time in the Northeast.. PLEASE STANFORD!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 pm

chup wrote:Yeah I left the library at around 6:30 yesterday and there were still some lights on in the admissions offices.

MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL.

/backs away slowly.


Actually does not surprise me much. They are probably trying to finish stuff up before the break.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 pm

intheend wrote:Got the call just as I stepped out of my last final! 10:56 ET.

She is SO NICE!

Makes that no JR1 despite 11/15 UR so much more bearable.

I cannot get over it!


Congrats!! Stanford is better than Harvard anyway. :P

I can haz call, Dean Faye?

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: !

Postby Fresh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Ehh if I dont get a call soon I shall end my hope and prepare to serve time in the Northeast.. PLEASE STANFORD!


Dont do that. URMs don't hear back til after the new year. fact.

Except:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/star247kiss
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JesseJackson
and
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forthefunofit

P.S. - they're all from 06 or before

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: !

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:29 pm

Fresh wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Ehh if I dont get a call soon I shall end my hope and prepare to serve time in the Northeast.. PLEASE STANFORD!


Dont do that. URMs don't hear back til after the new year. fact.

Except:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/star247kiss
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JesseJackson
and
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forthefunofit

P.S. - they're all from 06 or before


Wow.. that sucks. Honestly, Im at the point where I just really want this whole law school decision done with. Tired of thinking about it. Downside to over-preparing I guess.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: !

Postby mrmangs » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Fresh wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Ehh if I dont get a call soon I shall end my hope and prepare to serve time in the Northeast.. PLEASE STANFORD!


Dont do that. URMs don't hear back til after the new year. fact.

Except:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/star247kiss
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JesseJackson
and
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forthefunofit

P.S. - they're all from 06 or before


I think eskimogirl is a URM and she got in last week, if I remember correctly. She's not on LSN though.

ETA: That said, even if you have great numbers, I would just be patient with Stanford. Seems like they take their sweet time and are well worth the wait.
Last edited by mrmangs on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: !

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm

mrmangs wrote:
Fresh wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Ehh if I dont get a call soon I shall end my hope and prepare to serve time in the Northeast.. PLEASE STANFORD!


Dont do that. URMs don't hear back til after the new year. fact.

Except:
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/star247kiss
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/JesseJackson
and
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forthefunofit

P.S. - they're all from 06 or before


I think eskimogirl is a URM and she got in last week, if I remember correctly. She's not on LSN though.


This is true. She was on there earlier, so she may have deleted it.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: !

Postby Fresh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
mrmangs wrote:This is true. She was on there earlier, so she may have deleted it.


Wope.. there goes that hope I was trying to create for us

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:48 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forthefunofit

LOVE that person :) Gives me Hope.

Also, submitted for review tooodaayyy :D!!! So excited!!

Just got my grades, but you have to request grades in person at my school. Do you think I'll have time to send them my grades if I can't get the grades to Stanford until the first week of January?

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/forthefunofit

LOVE that person :) Gives me Hope.

Also, submitted for review tooodaayyy :D!!! So excited!!

Just got my grades, but you have to request grades in person at my school. Do you think I'll have time to send them my grades if I can't get the grades to Stanford until the first week of January?


Do you mean have time before they make a decision? Then, yes, you will have plenty of time. SLS is known for being incredibly deliberate with their process. (Read: you won't hear for months anyway, so you might as well send them.) Also, I believe if you upload to LSAC, they send the update to the school.

ETA: So, I did not send a "Why Stanford?" essay at the beginning of the process. Do you think it might be appropriate to send one, even though it is still early in the cycle, comparatively? Or maybe in LOCI form? (I know it seems especially early for a LOCI.) I just feel like I should maybe communicate a bit more effectively that Stanford is my #1 and, if admitted, I WILL be there in the fall.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Houzy, Long shot hero, nslaw123, smashbash and 6 guests