Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm

thecilent wrote:Kretzy makes me want to go to Stanford.

Also random question. Anyone know how many people in this thread have been admitted so far?


I am working on the theory that a few have been admitted but have not yet been notified. :wink:

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:Kretzy makes me want to go to Stanford.

Also random question. Anyone know how many people in this thread have been admitted so far?


I am working on the theory that a few have been admitted but have not yet been notified. :wink:


I can't wait to see it published.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm

mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:Kretzy makes me want to go to Stanford.

Also random question. Anyone know how many people in this thread have been admitted so far?


I am working on the theory that a few have been admitted but have not yet been notified. :wink:


I can't wait to see it published.


It probably won't get past double blind peer review.

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:Kretzy makes me want to go to Stanford.

Also random question. Anyone know how many people in this thread have been admitted so far?


I am working on the theory that a few have been admitted but have not yet been notified. :wink:


I can't wait to see it published.


It probably won't get past double blind peer review.


You know the editors just have it in for you.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:It probably won't get past double blind peer review.


You know the editors just have it in for you.


I heard they are from Stanford. :shock:

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby thecilent » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
mrmangs wrote:I can't wait to see it published.


It probably won't get past double blind peer review.


You know the editors just have it in for you.

Is that how things work for publishing

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:36 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:Kretzy makes me want to go to Stanford.

Also random question. Anyone know how many people in this thread have been admitted so far?


I am working on the theory that a few have been admitted but have not yet been notified. :wink:


I would like that theory to be very, very true. :P

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mrmangs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:38 pm

thecilent wrote:
mrmangs wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
mrmangs wrote:I can't wait to see it published.


It probably won't get past double blind peer review.


You know the editors just have it in for you.

Is that how things work for publishing


Depends what journal one has submitted to and what field one is working in. But I've heard stories. It's rare though, and since anonymity is usually maintained, it more arises from bias against the viewpoint/theory of the author, as opposed to the author himself.

rons1
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rons1 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:31 pm

I received an email with a status checker username and password, but I can't find the website where I am supposed to type in that info. How did you access your status checker?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 pm

rons1 wrote:I received an email with a status checker username and password, but I can't find the website where I am supposed to type in that info. How did you access your status checker?


https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i%2B0OE%3D

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 pm

rons1 wrote:I received an email with a status checker username and password, but I can't find the website where I am supposed to type in that info. How did you access your status checker?


There should be a link in that email.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 pm

So, anyone think we might get some more calls tomorrow? Or are we all resigned to a cold, dark, Stanfordless December?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:So, anyone think we might get some more calls tomorrow? Or are we all resigned to a cold, dark, Stanfordless December?


I'm guessing Wednesday, no reason for that really.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Dean Deal wrote:I’m not arrogant enough to think that you’re all sitting around just waiting for me to call.


But we ARE Dean Deal, we are. :oops:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Dean Deal wrote:I’m not arrogant enough to think that you’re all sitting around just waiting for me to call.


But we ARE Dean Deal, we are. :oops:


Why don't we comment on that blog? A unified, 170-voice comment.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
Dean Deal wrote:I’m not arrogant enough to think that you’re all sitting around just waiting for me to call.


But we ARE Dean Deal, we are. :oops:


Why don't we comment on that blog? A unified, 170-voice comment.


I like where this is going. We shall use the Club 170 in order to boost all of our acceptance rates!! :mrgreen:

I feel like Dean Deal has the power to determine the identity of everyone that posts on her blog. It would be kind of funny to see a reaction, though, hehe.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:34 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
I like where this is going. We shall use the Club 170 in order to boost all of our acceptance rates!! :mrgreen:

I feel like Dean Deal has the power to determine the identity of everyone that posts on her blog. It would be kind of funny to see a reaction, though, hehe.


I have no problem using my real name FWIW ... but I am not really that desperate. Yet. :mrgreen:

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby HopefulFish » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 am

Hey guys,

so did anyone get in yet?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:55 am

HopefulFish wrote:Hey guys,

so did anyone get in yet?


Yes, first and only batch of acceptances via phone call last Wednesday.

HopefulFish
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby HopefulFish » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 am

Knock wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:Hey guys,

so did anyone get in yet?


Yes, first and only batch of acceptances via phone call last Wednesday.


omg... lucky!!! (probably hard work and not so much luck but ya know)

Do you know approximately how many got accepted?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 am

HopefulFish wrote:
Knock wrote:
HopefulFish wrote:Hey guys,

so did anyone get in yet?


Yes, first and only batch of acceptances via phone call last Wednesday.


omg... lucky!!! (probably hard work and not so much luck but ya know)

Do you know approximately how many got accepted?


Not exactly sure, probably roughly 5 people from this thread, and someone said there were 9 listed acceptances on LSN. And some people who aren't on either website i'm sure.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:06 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
I like where this is going. We shall use the Club 170 in order to boost all of our acceptance rates!! :mrgreen:

I feel like Dean Deal has the power to determine the identity of everyone that posts on her blog. It would be kind of funny to see a reaction, though, hehe.


I have no problem using my real name FWIW ... but I am not really that desperate. Yet. :mrgreen:


I think you should do it, for all of our benefit. Ask her to reveal the next wave of acceptances. :D

User avatar
eskimogirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby eskimogirl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 pm

in!!! got the call from dean deal like an hour or so ago. SO EXCITED!

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

eskimogirl wrote:in!!! got the call from dean deal like an hour or so ago. SO EXCITED!

Congrats! And congrats to everyone else who's heard.

Just FYI, it's snowing at nearly every other top law school right now, and our 1L class had a huge outdoor celebration (complete with school-provided drinks) yesterday after our last final. Just sayin'.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
eskimogirl wrote:in!!! got the call from dean deal like an hour or so ago. SO EXCITED!

Congrats! And congrats to everyone else who's heard.

Just FYI, it's snowing at nearly every other top law school right now, and our 1L class had a huge outdoor celebration (complete with school-provided drinks) yesterday after our last final. Just sayin'.


There should be a like button on here.

Also:
eskimogirl wrote:in!!! got the call from dean deal like an hour or so ago. SO EXCITED!


Congratulations! I wonder if there will be more acceptance calls today?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AZnative, Baidu [Spider], hangold, joezze, Keilz, laurlaur2112, lawlawland16, liuwenyu, PDX4343, piesandcookies, Pomegranate27, smashbash, Smc1994, sonyco and 33 guests