Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm

rui wrote:Anyone else feel like the whining in this thread is getting out of control?

Seriously guys/gals, lighten up and let the black box that is Stanford admissions do its work. Rui's rules to LS admissions: if you're still in the running be happy, if you're waitlisted be cautiously optimistic and if you're rejected get excited about wherever else it is you'll be going.

Cheer up!!!!


That's because the regulars have been DLS'd ;)

User avatar
SLS2011
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby SLS2011 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
rui wrote:Anyone else feel like the whining in this thread is getting out of control?

Seriously guys/gals, lighten up and let the black box that is Stanford admissions do its work. Rui's rules to LS admissions: if you're still in the running be happy, if you're waitlisted be cautiously optimistic and if you're rejected get excited about wherever else it is you'll be going.

Cheer up!!!!


That's because the regulars have been DLS'd ;)


Yeah. In the beginning, everything was good. But then it was like the horror movies where people get killed one by one. I hope Knock survives at the end of the movie. We are all here because of him (he started this).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 pm

SLS2011 wrote:
Yeah. In the beginning, everything was good. But then it was like the horror movies where people get killed one by one. I hope Knock survives at the end of the movie. We are all here because of him (he started this).


I got dinged but I still have a good attitude about it. I hope knock gets (but I think he should go to Chi ;) ). So instead, I really hope cards get in.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby bdubs » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:
Yeah. In the beginning, everything was good. But then it was like the horror movies where people get killed one by one. I hope Knock survives at the end of the movie. We are all here because of him (he started this).


I got dinged but I still have a good attitude about it. I hope knock gets (but I think he should go to Chi ;) ). So instead, I really hope cards get in.


Didn't Knock have to withdraw as of today?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:56 pm

bdubs wrote:
Didn't Knock have to withdraw as of today?


Oh yeah, I wonder what's going on. Maybe he drove up there for a personal plea!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
SLS2011 wrote:
Yeah. In the beginning, everything was good. But then it was like the horror movies where people get killed one by one. I hope Knock survives at the end of the movie. We are all here because of him (he started this).


I got dinged but I still have a good attitude about it. I hope knock gets (but I think he should go to Chi ;) ). So instead, I really hope cards get in.

:D . Love TLS support groups!

User avatar
saguaro
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby saguaro » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

I cracked and phoned admissions - I've been under review for months, and Stanford is the only school I'm still waiting on...

The gal said that my application is still in committee review, and that it's being "actively reviewed."
"Are offers of acceptance still being made, or just rejections and waitlists?"
After a long pause, "I'm really not sure. I think most of the decisions are waitlist and denies, but I don't know. I'm not sure."

Which is good, right? That's food for the hope-troll??

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

FINALLY DLS. Cycle done. I wasnt going to go anyway but this just ruins my perfect cycle.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:31 pm

tkgrrett wrote:FINALLY DLS. Cycle done. I wasnt going to go anyway but this just ruins my perfect cycle.


Should have withdrawn!

Where are you going?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:FINALLY DLS. Cycle done. I wasnt going to go anyway but this just ruins my perfect cycle.


Should have withdrawn!

Where are you going?


Haha, 12 of 13 aint bad. I'll be at HLS (the REAL #1 law school :wink: ).

whytheface
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whytheface » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:39 pm

hvdgrad09 wrote:Yeah that's why I called. Maybe I've been DLS'd and she didn't want to break the news over the phone, but i'm still UR.

I suggest calling them and asking to verify too. It would be interesting if they looked at your file and gave you a diff answer.


Called earlier today, they said no decision had been made on my file but that they were hoping to have them all done by the end of next week. Just checked my online status again, still no DLS!

chris5253
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby chris5253 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:45 pm

What time do you guys think they will stop updating status checkers? 5pm? 6pm? I just want to get through the day so my weekend isnt ruined.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:21 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
Haha, 12 of 13 aint bad. I'll be at HLS (the REAL #1 law school :wink: ).


Hope to join you!

chris5253
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby chris5253 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
Haha, 12 of 13 aint bad. I'll be at HLS (the REAL #1 law school :wink: ).


Hope to join you!


Dont we all

moneko
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby moneko » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 am

.
Last edited by moneko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Weirdlog » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:51 am

My DLS from the other day was a WL. Happy to have made it this far.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby 123kl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:53 am

Weirdlog wrote:My DLS from the other day was a WL. Happy to have made it this far.

+1

chris5253
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby chris5253 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 am

How many under reviews are still left out there?

whytheface
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby whytheface » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:49 am

chris5253 wrote:How many under reviews are still left out there?


I am :) Assuming I'll be going DLS in the next day or so though. Seems too late for any outright offer of admission.

dreamster
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dreamster » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 am

chris5253 wrote:How many under reviews are still left out there?


Me :?

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby bleedblue » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 am

Still under review here...over 6 months later.

User avatar
Firstthingwedo...
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Firstthingwedo... » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Still in it

djeter2
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby djeter2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Still UR as well...and i was beginning to feel especially neglected.

User avatar
alive
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby alive » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 pm

UR, too. Tomorrow marks our 6.5 month anniversary, I think.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Sorry to all those waiting. At any rate, you should have your decisions by the end of the week!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, cyclawps, xn3345 and 10 guests