Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cardinals1989

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Weirdlog wrote:Once again, no DLS today. Funny how I've heard nothing from 3 of the 7 schools I applied to this late in the game (C/H/S). I must be a quintessential "borderline" candidate.

Yeah, H and S are killing me with this wait. Luckily, though, that's only 2 out of 10. then again, those 2 change my decision calculus entirely.

fruittree57

Postby fruittree57 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:22 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
fruittree57 wrote:Got waitlisted today; UR 12/16

Do you mean you got a snail mail letter today? Did you have DLS before then on your status checker?

Yeah, I got the snail mail letter. I had not been checking my status checker, but upon checking it now it does say DLS.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

fruittree57 wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
fruittree57 wrote:Got waitlisted today; UR 12/16

Do you mean you got a snail mail letter today? Did you have DLS before then on your status checker?

Yeah, I got the snail mail letter. I had not been checking my status checker, but upon checking it now it does say DLS.

Thanks! And sorry about the WL, but at least there is still hope!

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Sorry to all the bad news today.
But at least there's movement, unlike over in the H thread :?

Xifeng

Postby Xifeng » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Last edited by Xifeng on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Xifeng wrote:
tbf there was hilarious movement in the H thread, but none of it had to do with actual decisions XD

+1 yah, it jumped 3 pages! i didnt see the drama develop, i just saw the page jump and i was like :shock: before i realized what it was and then i was all :x

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm

another day of pure silence...

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Another day of little to nothing? Man, this is really going to be close to the deadline.

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

its time to gather a mob on stanford grounds and go rampaging!!!!!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 pm

inandout1 wrote:its time to gather a mob on stanford grounds and go rampaging!!!!!

Don't disturb them. Then it will just take longer..... :cry:

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:02 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
inandout1 wrote:its time to gather a mob on stanford grounds and go rampaging!!!!!

Don't disturb them. Then it will just take longer..... :cry:

LOL I think they are going to wait till april 30 and then all the status checkers will say
"rejected HAHA" instead of decision letter sent.

cucullu

Postby cucullu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:27 pm

I withdrew my application via e-mail on Friday. (Or at least attempted to.)

Today, having heard nothing back, I checked my status checker to see if my status had changed to "withdrawn" as at my other schools...

"Decision letter sent."

Stanford, you are NOT dumping me. I'm the one who e-mailed you FIRST to have "The Talk" about "How Things Just Aren't Working Out." Unfair! Ha. Oh well.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 pm

cucullu wrote:I withdrew my application via e-mail on Friday. (Or at least attempted to.)

Today, having heard nothing back, I checked my status checker to see if my status had changed to "withdrawn" as at my other schools...

"Decision letter sent."

Stanford, you are NOT dumping me. I'm the one who e-mailed you FIRST to have "The Talk" about "How Things Just Aren't Working Out." Unfair! Ha. Oh well.

:lol:. Suuuuuuure ;).

cucullu

Postby cucullu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Knock wrote:
cucullu wrote:I withdrew my application via e-mail on Friday. (Or at least attempted to.)

"Decision letter sent."

:lol:. Suuuuuuure ;).

Haha. :roll: I seriously opened it up and was like "dammit Stanford. Dammit." Ahhh, it's all good though. Very happy with where I'm headed, and cheering for all y'all to get to spend a glorious three years with your first love.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

"Decision letter sent."

The same thing happened to me after I withdrew over the weekend. I didn't get a chance to check my SLS status checker until today, and I saw the DLS. I thought SLS might have made a decision before I even withdrew. So we should not expect an actual letter in the mail, right?

damage-inc

Postby damage-inc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 pm

still alive

fishdude

Postby fishdude » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Confused7 wrote:

"Decision letter sent."

The same thing happened to me after I withdrew over the weekend. I didn't get a chance to check my SLS status checker until today, and I saw the DLS. I thought SLS might have made a decision before I even withdrew. So we should not expect an actual letter in the mail, right?

Ha, just checked mine after sending a withdrawal email yesterday, and now I've got the DLS too :)

123kl

Postby 123kl » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 pm

damage-inc wrote:still alive

+1

cucullu

Postby cucullu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:54 pm

fishdude wrote:
Confused7 wrote:

"Decision letter sent."

Ha, just checked mine after sending a withdrawal email yesterday, and now I've got the DLS too :)

Conspiracy uncovered!

cucullu

Postby cucullu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 pm

cucullu wrote:
fishdude wrote:
Confused7 wrote:

"Decision letter sent."

Conspiracy uncovered!

(Is it weird that having two buddies in the same position makes me feel happier? :lol: )

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:58 pm

cucullu wrote:(Is it weird that having two buddies in the same position makes me feel happier? :lol: )

Not at all, I feel the same. :D It makes me feel better that I didn't get WL/dinged before I got a chance to withdraw.

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I don't get the point of withdrawing earlier (especially when your decision hasn't been rendered and/or even if you have already been admitted to another great choice -- say a HY or CCN). You paid all that money (and invested all that time on an application) and you don't want to know about the decision?

The only instance I can see myself doing this is if I was forced under ED/contractual obligation.
Last edited by neonx on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Yeah, I am pretty sure that letter must just be an acknowledgement of your withdrawal, considering all of you have it.

Also still alive.

ETA: I also agree with neonx.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:10 pm

If I was already set on a school and would not pick a late-game acceptance over that first school, I could see myself withdrawing for the pleasure of actually finishing the admissions cycle.

However much we like to joke about it, dragging this on is psychologically draining (if you're as neurotic as me anyway).

PS: Don't yell at me, neon. I know I'm being naughty by posting this :oops:

cucullu

Postby cucullu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm

neonx wrote:I don't get the point of withdrawing earlier (especially when your decision hasn't been rendered and/or even if you have already been admitted to another great choice -- say a HY or CCN). You paid all that money (and invested all that time on an application) and you don't want to know about the decision?

The only instance I can see myself doing this if under ED/contractual obligation.

Ha! :D I totally didn't want to know! I figured you can only get so lucky, and this way I could go to a school I'd be super happy with and also be able to say that technically no one rejected me.

Well, actually part of me did want to know but... [see reasoning just above]

misterbingley wrote:However much we like to joke about it, dragging this on is psychologically draining (if you're as neurotic as me anyway).

Also this. I thought maybe formally withdrawing would keep me from obsessively stalking TLS forums for the schools in question. Fail on that account. :wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”