Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
misterbingley

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Quoted for the new page.

Also, there are SOOO many people waiting. :shock:

I guess not that many of us were DLSed since the last spreadsheet...

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Long-time lurker 3.97 177 10/12/2011 3 targeted LORs 2LOCIs Gone

:shock:

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:40 pm

The Stig wrote:

I know, right? This spreadsheet just depressed me more...

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Posted some pictures of Stanford from my visit for those y'all who are bored: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=153445

CosmoLaw

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:04 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
The Stig wrote:

I know, right? This spreadsheet just depressed me more...

+1

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 pm

wow, that's freaking awesome, it looks like the admissions office had another day of vacation after working so hard all day and doling out one decision yesterday....i'm slowly getting pissed and reverting into a fuck you stanford mood....
Last edited by inandout1 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 pm

my friend was DLS-ed yesterday, and WL> so how many people do we think get on SLS's WL?

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:51 pm

inandout1 wrote:wow, that's freaking awesome, it looks like the admissions office had another day of vacation after working so hard all day and doling out one decision yesterday....i'm slowly getting pissed and reverting into a fuck you stanford mood....

Delightful post . . .

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:my friend was DLS-ed yesterday, and WL> so how many people do we think get on SLS's WL?

I'm guessing at least 200....

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:54 pm

neonx wrote:
inandout1 wrote:wow, that's freaking awesome, it looks like the admissions office had another day of vacation after working so hard all day and doling out one decision yesterday....i'm slowly getting pissed and reverting into a fuck you stanford mood....

Delightful post . . .

every day additional day is frustrating when you've been waiting so long. trust me, things look different from this side of the line.....

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:54 pm

inandout1 wrote:
neonx wrote:

Delightful post . . .

every day additional day is frustrating when you've been waiting so long. trust me, things look different from this side of the line.....

How long have you been waiting?

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:59 pm

just a little less than you cardinal. so 5+ months.... if there's anyone with a right to be a little pissed, cardinal it def. is you lol..... plus... waiting is harder when neonx keeps posting such enticing photos of the campus and you realize you haven't even heard back from em yet....

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:00 pm

inandout1 wrote:just a little less than you cardinal. so 5+ months.... if there's anyone with a right to be a little pissed, cardinal it def. is you lol..... plus... waiting is harder when neonx keeps posting such enticing photos of the campus and you realize you haven't even heard back from em yet....

I'll take the compliment of you mistaking me for Cardinals :lol:.

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:00 pm

inandout1 wrote:just a little less than you cardinal. so 5+ months.... if there's anyone with a right to be a little pissed, cardinal it def. is you lol..... plus... waiting is harder when neonx keeps posting such enticing photos of the campus and you realize you haven't even heard back from em yet....

Hang it in there!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:04 pm

Knock wrote:

I'll take the compliment of you taking the compliment. :D :wink:

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:05 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Knock wrote:

I'll take the compliment of you taking the compliment. :D :wink:

Get a room.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm

neonx wrote:
Get a room.

Don't make me release my Stanford love-wrath on you. :twisted:

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 pm

inandout1 wrote:o man, no movement today either? ...... actually I was at Stanford the other day and got to peek inside their admissions office. Actually, they have the worlds largest rat maze to which there are three exits. The closest exit to the start of the maze was strangely labeled reject, the second farthest waitlist, and the farthest exit said accept. I'm not sure but someone was putting a name tag or something on a rat and letting him go into the maze. When I checked back about an hour later he or perhaps it was a she ( it was from far away so I couldn't see for sure) was still watching the same rat running around in the maze. Is this how they determine what happens to us? or just coincidence that the maze is located inside the office and the exits were labeled as thus?

I'm telling you, I'm awfully convinced that this is how they do it. You see, I am a scientist and we devise working models. And no other model explains why their decisions come out so randomly or why it takes such a long time. So until another model of their admissions process can thoroughly meet these standards Imma bet my money on this one....

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

inandout1 wrote:
inandout1 wrote:o man, no movement today either? ...... actually I was at Stanford the other day and got to peek inside their admissions office. Actually, they have the worlds largest rat maze to which there are three exits. The closest exit to the start of the maze was strangely labeled reject, the second farthest waitlist, and the farthest exit said accept. I'm not sure but someone was putting a name tag or something on a rat and letting him go into the maze. When I checked back about an hour later he or perhaps it was a she ( it was from far away so I couldn't see for sure) was still watching the same rat running around in the maze. Is this how they determine what happens to us? or just coincidence that the maze is located inside the office and the exits were labeled as thus?

I'm telling you, I'm awfully convinced that this is how they do it. You see, I am a scientist and we devise working models. And no other model explains why their decisions come out so randomly or why it takes such a long time. So until another model of their admissions process can thoroughly meet these standards Imma bet my money on this one....

I think you win the award for the most batshit crazy person waiting from SLS. (It's an honor, really.)

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:25 pm

neonx wrote:
inandout1 wrote:

I think you win the award for the most batshit crazy person waiting from SLS. (It's an honor, really.)

Those lovely pictures you posted aren't making it any easier for those of us still waiting! Oh that California sun...

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:25 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
neonx wrote:
inandout1 wrote:

Those lovely pictures you posted aren't making it any easier for those of us still waiting! Oh that California sun...

I'm going to miss it if I have to leave. Such a nice day today, people are laying out by the pool.

src42

Postby src42 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:Those lovely pictures you posted aren't making it any easier for those of us still waiting! Oh that California sun...
There's plenty of sun down in Texas...don't you worry. :)

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm

I think you win the award for the most batshit crazy person waiting from SLS. (It's an honor, really.)[/quote]

I don't know about most but definitely bashit and most vocal I should say, and I why thank you. all of us science majors are crazy btw....

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm

I LOL'd reading this.

Looks like next week, then? I'm trying to take this long wait as a good sign that we're still being actively considered--5 months for me today.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 pm

I guess SLS doesn't work Saturdays...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”