Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 pm

For what it's worth, my DLS on Monday turned out to be a WL today via regular mail. I don't plan to ride it out, though. Also, if I remember the language of the two page WL letter, I think it said something to the effect of them being done with their regular admits and that all admits would be coming off the WL from this point forward. I don't have the letter with me, so I can't quote it verbatim.

I don't want to be a buzz kill, but if what is in the letter is accurate, those who haven't heard anything at this point will either be WL or ding.

Edit: Wait, here is the exact language: "At this point in the process, we have stopped admitting any more applicants for the present, and we have sent out a large number of denial letters to those of whom we will not be accepting." So, maybe my interpretation above is not EXACTLY what they say in the letter--it's more of my assumption.

Good luck all!

edit again: my numbers are well below SLS's expectations, so I think my softs/interesting background have kept me in the running this long.

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 pm

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:For what it's worth, my DLS on Monday turned out to be a WL today via regular mail. I don't plan to ride it out, though. Also, if I remember the language of the two page WL letter, I think it said something to the effect of them being done with their regular admits and that all admits would be coming off the WL from this point forward. I don't have the letter with me, so I can't quote it verbatim.

I don't want to be a buzz kill, but if what is in the letter is accurate, those who haven't heard anything at this point will either be WL or ding.

Edit: Wait, here is the exact language: "At this point in the process, we have stopped admitting any more applicants for the present, and we have sent out a large number of denial letters to those of whom we will not be accepting." So, maybe my interpretation above is not EXACTLY what they say in the letter--it's more of my assumption.

Good luck all!

edit again: my numbers are well below SLS's expectations, so I think my softs/interesting background have kept me in the running this long.
I'm not trying to be overly optimistic and unrealistic, but I would just point back to the fact that this is a form letter and in fact acceptances (directly, not WL) have come out in years past after this letter has been sent out.

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Every night I'm more flabbergasted that my status checker still says "submitted for review."

Although I'm pretty sure now that I said that it will change to DLS tomorrow :D

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 pm

cardinals1989 wrote: I'm not trying to be overly optimistic and unrealistic, but I would just point back to the fact that this is a form letter and in fact acceptances (directly, not WL) have come out in years past after this letter has been sent out.
I think we are way past using past years as guides.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote: I'm not trying to be overly optimistic and unrealistic, but I would just point back to the fact that this is a form letter and in fact acceptances (directly, not WL) have come out in years past after this letter has been sent out.
I think we are way past using past years as guides.
I think you have a point cardinals1989, and I tried to hint at that in my original post. I'm not sure that a form letter is always accurate when it comes to these types of things.

I actually like when this thread is overly optimistic and unrealistic :D .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze

Post by Lovely Ludwig Van » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:19 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
I'm not trying to be overly optimistic and unrealistic, but I would just point back to the fact that this is a form letter and in fact acceptances (directly, not WL) have come out in years past after this letter has been sent out.
That's nice to hear. And here I was crying the entire afternoon...

inandout1

New

Post by inandout1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 am

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:

That's nice to hear. And here I was crying the entire afternoon...
cried all afternoon? pssht..... I started in the morning... :cry:

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:32 am

Why are you guys crying?

juliachild-ish

Bronze

Post by juliachild-ish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:56 am

So, Yale is supposed to be the slowest of all law schools in terms of rendering decisions...but I got a rejection from them last night, so now Stanford officially wins that prize. Especially ridiculous because I sent in my Stanford app a few weeks before my Yale one.

Plzzzz Dean Deal, give us something soon!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 am

juliachild-ish wrote:So, Yale is supposed to be the slowest of all law schools in terms of rendering decisions...but I got a rejection from them last night, so now Stanford officially wins that prize. Especially ridiculous because I sent in my Stanford app a few weeks before my Yale one.

Plzzzz Dean Deal, give us something soon!
Sorry. :( Was rooting for you all there in the YLS thread! Good grief. At least now we can semi-move on with our lives....SLS c'mon!

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am

So are all the people who are still under review making plans to go elsewhere or still holding on to hope?

Fate

New

Post by Fate » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:29 am

I still have no DLS on my statuschecker..WTF?

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 am

duckmoney wrote:So are all the people who are still under review making plans to go elsewhere or still holding on to hope?
I've definitely been making plans for a while. Was really hopeful for Stanford for a bit there, but then I had to let that go for practical reasons.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

inandout1

New

Post by inandout1 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:52 am

I'm guessing that there are still a few hundred or at least a hundred people still with no decision.

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Agonizing. I've made up my mind to withdraw by Monday if I don't get DLSed before then. :(

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Confused7 wrote:Agonizing. I've made up my mind to withdraw by Monday if I don't get DLSed before then. :(
Why don't you wait it out? I don't really think there is any harm in that.

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 pm

duckmoney wrote:So are all the people who are still under review making plans to go elsewhere or still holding on to hope?
im putting my nyu deposit in on monday

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Agonizing. I've made up my mind to withdraw by Monday if I don't get DLSed before then. :(
Why don't you wait it out? I don't really think there is any harm in that.
I know...I think I'm just really really tired of waiting (like everyone else). I'd like to be able to officially get excited about ONE school. That and I'm handing in my HLS deposit on Monday, and my deferral mandates that I can't take acceptances from other schools anyway.

juliachild-ish

Bronze

Post by juliachild-ish » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:30 pm

I put down a deposit at UT today. Still holding out hope for a waitlist at Stanford, but I'd have to deposit either way, so...

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:39 pm

What I cannot fathom is why, if the WL letter is true to its word in that they are no longer accepting students, why are people still UR... why is everyone simply not in one of two piles, WL or Rejections... or maybe they're just trying to sort out who gets the WL and who gets rejected... haha, this speculating is leading to nothing productive.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
I put down a deposit at UT today. Still holding out hope for a waitlist at Stanford, but I'd have to deposit either way, so...
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:What I cannot fathom is why, if the WL letter is true to its word in that they are no longer accepting students, why are people still UR... why is everyone simply not in one of two piles, WL or Rejections... or maybe they're just trying to sort out who gets the WL and who gets rejected... haha, this speculating is leading to nothing productive.
This is probably the most credited scenario right now. I dunno...I think a FEW people will still get in, but at this point I'm just emotionally exhausted lol.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:53 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
Congrats on choosing, and best of luck for Stanford!

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
I really respect your decision. Congrats and good luck!

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:31 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
:D :D :D Hook 'em

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”