Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
juliachild-ish

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:Oh noes! This is my worst fear--that I will literally never hear back from Yale and Stanford.

I thought Yale was done with decisions? (Haven't been following)

Don't worry about Stanford, you have a checker which will update eventually.

Haha, yeah, I thought Yale was done with decisions too...except I (and a couple other people on TLS) haven't received a decision. Major fear now is that the rejection letter got lost in the mail. At least with Stanford I know I'm hypothetically still under review.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I mean, it's the applicant's own fault if they fail to inquire as to their application status when they have not heard anything by May or so. I mean, common sense tells me that you might get curious when it is July and you have not heard anything. It's not that hard to call up the office and ask.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:I mean, it's the applicant's own fault if they fail to inquire as to their application status when they have not heard anything by May or so. I mean, common sense tells me that you might get curious when it is July and you have not heard anything. It's not that hard to call up the office and ask.

I assume many people just gave up and deposited at other schools, then later on realized they never heard anything.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:49 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:I mean, it's the applicant's own fault if they fail to inquire as to their application status when they have not heard anything by May or so. I mean, common sense tells me that you might get curious when it is July and you have not heard anything. It's not that hard to call up the office and ask.

I assume many people just gave up and deposited at other schools, then later on realized they never heard anything.

LOL. I wish I could "forget" about my apps sometimes.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:

You will "forget" them once you send a check somewhere. It's healthier that way. 8)

I have a decision to make at 6/1, so I am not going to "forget" anything haha

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

You will "forget" them once you send a check somewhere. It's healthier that way. 8)

I have a decision to make at 6/1, so I am not going to "forget" anything haha

I mean, it would have been "healthier" not to read these boards for the past year. Doesn't mean it actually happens. :P

I'm also OCD, if you weren't able to tell by now. :oops:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
I mean, it would have been "healthier" not to read these boards for the past year. Doesn't mean it actually happens. :P

I enjoy this place. It doesn't really make the app process any more stressful for me, but it provides good entertainment.

If you were OCD, you'd gone to Stanford Law on Thur. Just by the fact that you can resist the urge to walk 50 yards off the path, I know you will be fine. :D

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:

I enjoy this place. It doesn't really make the app process any more stressful for me, but it provides good entertainment.

If you were OCD, you'd gone to Stanford Law on Thur. Just by the fact that you can resist the urge to walk 50 yards off the path, I know you will be fine. :D

Already been there once. :D

Might have to stop posting soon for the night. Need to save my 1,000th post for an acceptance from Stanford! (Har har. That might/most likely would mean that I never post again. :( )

alive

Postby alive » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

I just realized that today is my sixth month anniversary. And I'm still under review.

Getting started with studying for GMAT today, just in case. Or something.

Good luck to everyone still waiting...and sorry for the new dls's.
Last edited by alive on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

88rabbits

Postby 88rabbits » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 am

Rejection letter arrived today. DLS'd 04/01, so was expecting it. Not too down considering Columbia's award letter also arrived today!

Anyway, good luck to everyone still waiting (esp, knock, cardinals)...

And a extra-special good luck to r6!! Hope you get off the waitlist sooner rather than later. You've made stalking this thread very enjoyable and therapeutic

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Hmm.. according to admissions they are still making decisions. Of course, they could mean decisions of waitlist vs. rejection.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:40 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Hmm.. according to admissions they are still making decisions. Of course, they could mean decisions of waitlist vs. rejection.

Seems likely at this point...wish the axe would just fall swiftly and quickly!

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:41 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Hmm.. according to admissions they are still making decisions. Of course, they could mean decisions of waitlist vs. rejection.

Did you call and ask? I assumed that they were still making decisions based on the fact that people (including myself) are still UR.

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm

a waitlist I understand but to keep us under review for 5+ months just so they can reject us? now thats E'ffed up.

nadopretz

Postby nadopretz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 pm

inandout1 wrote:a waitlist I understand but to keep us under review for 5+ months just so they can reject us? now thats E'ffed up.

Unfortunately that is what they are doing. I got dls'd this morning. Talked to them yesterday and they said they still had open spots thought so some people are going to actually get in.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:55 pm

nadopretz wrote:
inandout1 wrote:a waitlist I understand but to keep us under review for 5+ months just so they can reject us? now thats E'ffed up.

Unfortunately that is what they are doing. I got dls'd this morning. Talked to them yesterday and they said they still had open spots thought so some people are going to actually get in.

MRAWR

i know i have no right to complain since im only 3 months in, not five. UR 1/21. but still!

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:56 pm

nadopretz wrote:

This is crucial information. I'll be handing in my HLS deposit on Monday so please let me get some closure before then.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:02 pm

nadopretz wrote:

But you don't know for sure it is a WL or rejection right? Or did they tell you over the phone?

djeter2

Postby djeter2 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 pm

nadopretz wrote:

Another excuse for me to keep hoping haha. Need...closure...so...badly.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:46 pm

correct me if im wrong - but you're not supposed to send a LOCI, additional LORs or whatever to stanford til you've been waitlisted, right? i haven't sent anything because i thought i was supposed to wait for some sort of response first..

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:24 pm

mcweanis wrote:correct me if im wrong - but you're not supposed to send a LOCI, additional LORs or whatever to stanford til you've been waitlisted, right? i haven't sent anything because i thought i was supposed to wait for some sort of response first..

A lot of people have sent them in. This is what I thought before too, but someone who goes there said they sent in 5 or 6. It's earlier on this thread I think. I almost think it'd be good to send one around now if you feel like you're probably in that rejection/wait-list pile because it might help you get on the wait-list.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:56 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:
mcweanis wrote:correct me if im wrong - but you're not supposed to send a LOCI, additional LORs or whatever to stanford til you've been waitlisted, right? i haven't sent anything because i thought i was supposed to wait for some sort of response first..

A lot of people have sent them in. This is what I thought before too, but someone who goes there said they sent in 5 or 6. It's earlier on this thread I think. I almost think it'd be good to send one around now if you feel like you're probably in that rejection/wait-list pile because it might help you get on the wait-list.

can you email a LOCI? and if so to what email addres??

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 pm

mcweanis wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:

See the first post in this thread.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Knock wrote:
mcweanis wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:

See the first post in this thread.

oh yea. sorry. thanks knock :oops:

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:00 pm

mcweanis wrote:
lakerfanimal wrote:

Yes. Send it to the general admissions email. Admissions@law.stanford.edu

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”