Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cardinals1989

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 am

r6_philly wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
My life is so ridiculous at this point....

It's not that bad. It could be a lot better, I admit.

:lol: :lol:

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:57 am

this is driving me cra-cray... even if its a DLS i just want to KNOW! UR 1/21

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:06 pm

mcweanis wrote:this is driving me cra-cray... even if its a DLS i just want to KNOW! UR 1/21

Haha agreed, but I'd rather it be a wait-list or admit :) UR 10/12

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 pm

I thought for sure we'd be seeing some acceptances today...

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:22 pm

why? is the time that dean deal usually makes calls already over?

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:23 pm

A friend of me got admitted this morning, I believe, as per my stalking her FB.

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 pm

does she ever call late in the morning like after 10 am?

SubwaySandwich

Postby SubwaySandwich » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 pm

inandout1 wrote:does she ever call late in the morning like after 10 am?

I believe she has done after lunch calls earlier in the year. Not 100% certain though.

aimee

Postby aimee » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Sorry about my poor knowledge. If we do not get a call today, does that mean the best we can hope for is WL? Anybody got acceptance call after the ASW?

I find myself fidgety today and the productivity is close to minimum. For my own sanity, I should lock myself up in a room with no internet access. Unfortunately I have to work. The good thing is that today is Pay Day and Friday. The least I can do is to use some shopping therapy after work at the Stanford Shopping Mall. How I wish I can just stop by the admission office and ask about my case!

absolut86

Postby absolut86 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:53 pm

I wish people would stop emailing me. Each time my phone beeps with a new message I get my hopes up. Do applicants living outside the U.S. get calls too?

bleedblue

Postby bleedblue » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Here is what I don't understand about Stanford. I (like many of us) have been under review since October. They sent out the first waitlists, they have sent out several rounds of rejections and several rounds of acceptances. They have reviewed me so many times at this point I am sure that it seems like they should know what I am. Why have I not been called or DLS'ed? It seems like the first round of WL should be a huge stack of people who were so borderline. I guess I just don't understand what they are doing with us Octobers.

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:18 pm

bleedblue wrote:Here is what I don't understand about Stanford. I (like many of us) have been under review since October. They sent out the first waitlists, they have sent out several rounds of rejections and several rounds of acceptances. They have reviewed me so many times at this point I am sure that it seems like they should know what I am. Why have I not been called or DLS'ed? It seems like the first round of WL should be a huge stack of people who were so borderline. I guess I just don't understand what they are doing with us Octobers.

iirc, there has only been one reported waitlist. and it was from someone who had less than 10 posts. do we have confirmation that the WLs have indeed gone out?

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:22 pm

misterbingley wrote:iirc, there has only been one reported waitlist. and it was from someone who had less than 10 posts. do we have confirmation that the WLs have indeed gone out?

lzyovrachievr wrote:Just got notice that I was waitlisted. The letter was sent yesterday. Hold on to your hats.

I'm assuming this means at least some DLS's from yesterday are WL.

Actually, lzy has over 2000 posts so I'm pretty sure it's legit :wink:

PancakeMonster

Postby PancakeMonster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

For everyone else that is still hanging on what does your status say?

Mine says:
Current Status: Your file has been submitted for review.
Current Status Date: 1/11/2011

Which doesn't seem right to me?

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:28 pm

PancakeMonster wrote:For everyone else that is still hanging on what does your status say?

Mine says:

Sounds right, mine says the same except 1/5.

PancakeMonster

Postby PancakeMonster » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:29 pm

ebeth wrote:
PancakeMonster wrote:For everyone else that is still hanging on what does your status say?

Mine says:

Okay just making sure. Submitted for review sounds like it hasn't been looked at yet. Most other schools say under review, which made me think mine was lost in limbo somewhere a la Inception.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:31 pm

PancakeMonster wrote:
ebeth wrote:

Mine says:

Okay just making sure. Submitted for review sounds like it hasn't been looked at yet. Most other schools say under review, which made me think mine was lost in limbo somewhere a la Inception.

Nope--submitted for review is the final status before some sort of decision. It doesn't change once your file gets looked at.

aimee

Postby aimee » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:38 pm

bleedblue wrote:Here is what I don't understand about Stanford. I (like many of us) have been under review since October. They sent out the first waitlists, they have sent out several rounds of rejections and several rounds of acceptances. They have reviewed me so many times at this point I am sure that it seems like they should know what I am. Why have I not been called or DLS'ed? It seems like the first round of WL should be a huge stack of people who were so borderline. I guess I just don't understand what they are doing with us Octobers.

I feel the same way. UR since 11/9. Well, at this point, I am not very optimistic.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm

aimee wrote:

I feel the same way. UR since 11/9. Well, at this point, I am not very optimistic.

+1 from another November UR...

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:58 pm

My Prediction:

They're wrapping up as many of the admits as they can today and so they can have 99%+ of the class admitted for ASW. They spent the rest of their time this week getting ready for ASW.

Next week, the admissions office will be doing mail duty, getting all the letters out and sorting the dings from the WL.

\Hope

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Ive been tracking SLS/UC-Berkeley weather vs. Cambidge/My current location and I must say that bay area weather is VASTLY overrated.

ETA: Though my tone may change when Im sitting in a black suit and experiencing 101 degree weather/humidity in DC this summer.

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:18 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Ive been tracking SLS/UC-Berkeley weather vs. Cambidge/My current location and I must say that bay area weather is VASTLY overrated.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

fish52

Postby fish52 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:31 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Ive been tracking SLS/UC-Berkeley weather vs. Cambidge/My current location and I must say that bay area weather is VASTLY overrated.

ETA: Though my tone may change when Im sitting in a black suit and experiencing 101 degree weather/humidity in DC this summer.

Really? Maybe this week, but the Bay Area has been above 50 all winter while DC and up spent all winter in the 30s and 40s. That's a huge difference. Sure, the Bay Area is colder this week than the mid-Atlantic, but that's definitely not normal. Berkeley feels excellent today.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 pm

fish52 wrote:

Really? Maybe this week, but the Bay Area has been above 50 all winter while DC and up spent all winter in the 30s and 40s. That's a huge difference. Sure, the Bay Area is colder this week than the mid-Atlantic, but that's definitely not normal. Berkeley feels excellent today.

I probably had unrealistic expectations since I have only heard about the excellent weather in the area and never actually visited. From the weather data I have looked at it is a lot less sunny than I expected and a lot less warm. For me, the difference between mid to low 50s and low 40s doesnt mean that much because at that point Im wearing a coat everywhere anyway. Im the type of person who prefers low 80s and sunlight to low 60s (Im from the south).

lakerfanimal

Postby lakerfanimal » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:45 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
fish52 wrote:

I probably had unrealistic expectations since I have only heard about the excellent weather in the area and never actually visited. From the weather data I have looked at it is a lot less sunny than I expected and a lot less warm. For me, the difference between mid to low 50s and low 40s doesnt mean that much because at that point Im wearing a coat everywhere anyway. Im the type of person who prefers low 80s and sunlight to low 60s (Im from the south).

Southern California weather and Northern California Weather are pretty different. I think people just lump together the 2 places and assume it's gonna be sunny in both areas like it is in So-Cal.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”