Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
helloperson
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby helloperson » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:43 pm

PancakeMonster wrote:Every time I check my status online my heart skips a beat, hoping I don't see the DLS red writing. Luckily still in this!


That means a ding, right?

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby duckmoney » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:44 pm

helloperson wrote:
PancakeMonster wrote:Every time I check my status online my heart skips a beat, hoping I don't see the DLS red writing. Luckily still in this!


That means a ding, right?


Most likely, although it could be a waitlist at this point. Which realistically isn't that much better than a ding.

txl
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby txl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Just making sure i'm not going crazy:

The "mailings" box - between the bio area and the fees area on the left of the status checker - has always been there, right?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:49 pm

txl wrote:Just making sure i'm not going crazy:

The "mailings" box - between the bio area and the fees area on the left of the status checker - has always been there, right?


Yup that's on all the checkers by default.

tcv204
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby tcv204 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Does anybody know once you have been accepted if your status actually changes on your status checker or does it remain as: under review

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:49 pm

tcv204 wrote:Does anybody know once you have been accepted if your status actually changes on your status checker or does it remain as: under review


Your status line disappears on the upper right box; and you get "A decision letter has been sent" in red text at the top-left space.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dbrddr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:02 pm

http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... power.aspx may be of interest to some of you still waiting

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:12 pm

dbrddr wrote:http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissions/archive/2011/04/06/scholarship-deadlines-truth-is-power.aspx may be of interest to some of you still waiting


So she wants us to call up the other schools with deadlines to tell them that their policies/contracts are against LSAC's Statement of Good Practices therefore should be null and void? :D That shall go swimmingly.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dbrddr wrote:http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissions/archive/2011/04/06/scholarship-deadlines-truth-is-power.aspx may be of interest to some of you still waiting


So she wants us to call up the other schools with deadlines to tell them that their policies/contracts are against LSAC's Statement of Good Practices therefore should be null and void? :D That shall go swimmingly.


It's a test of our lawyering ability. First person to get a school to change their policy will probably be auto-admitted to Yale.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Knock wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
dbrddr wrote:http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissions/archive/2011/04/06/scholarship-deadlines-truth-is-power.aspx may be of interest to some of you still waiting


So she wants us to call up the other schools with deadlines to tell them that their policies/contracts are against LSAC's Statement of Good Practices therefore should be null and void? :D That shall go swimmingly.


It's a test of our lawyering ability. First person to get a school to change their policy will probably be auto-admitted to Yale.


Since I have little to no intention of going to NYU, I'll test them out. :D

Too bad I don't have a scholarship anyway...standing doesn't apply, right? :P

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Knock wrote:It's a test of our lawyering ability. First person to get a school to change their policy will probably be auto-admitted to Yale.


That's overachieving to the max...

Wagon before the horse or something of the sort, but I suppose I am not good enough to understand anyway :mrgreen:

cooper26
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cooper26 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:
dbrddr wrote:http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissions/archive/2011/04/06/scholarship-deadlines-truth-is-power.aspx may be of interest to some of you still waiting


So she wants us to call up the other schools with deadlines to tell them that their policies/contracts are against LSAC's Statement of Good Practices therefore should be null and void? :D That shall go swimmingly.



I wonder if we'd even have to challenge the school that was requiring you to withdraw elsewhere. Couldn't you accept, keep other apps out, and use this as your backup if school #1 made an issue of it?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:41 pm

cooper26 wrote:
I wonder if we'd even have to challenge the school that was requiring you to withdraw elsewhere. Couldn't you accept, keep other apps out, and use this as your backup if school #1 made an issue of it?


My personal non-legal opinion: if I agree to withdraw all my other applications (not acceptances only) by agreeing with the stipulation to the scholarship, then I will withdraw. If I want to challange it, I will challenge it before agreeing to it. I don't like the idea of agreeing to something with no intention of abiding by that agreement.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
cooper26 wrote:
I wonder if we'd even have to challenge the school that was requiring you to withdraw elsewhere. Couldn't you accept, keep other apps out, and use this as your backup if school #1 made an issue of it?


My personal non-legal opinion: if I agree to withdraw all my other applications (not acceptances only) by agreeing with the stipulation to the scholarship, then I will withdraw. If I want to challange it, I will challenge it before agreeing to it. I don't like the idea of agreeing to something with no intention of abiding by that agreement.


Exactly...I am pretty sure you tacitly agree by signing the agreement anyway.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't know. I feel like LSAC procedures are "supreme" over scholarship "contracts." Essentially, that you can't tacitly agree to sign over your rights because the LSAC provisions protects them even from yourself.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Good luck tomorrow guys! I feel more admits coming!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I think I have decided to stop hoping. If I get something, anything, now, it will just be a pleasant surprise.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 pm

misterbingley wrote:I don't know. I feel like LSAC procedures are "supreme" over scholarship "contracts." Essentially, that you can't tacitly agree to sign over your rights because the LSAC provisions protects them even from yourself.


I don't know if LSAC has any binding power over the member schools. It wouldn't be called a "statement of good practice". Also members schools can choose to practice "bad practice" or "not-so-good practice", and I am not sure what power LSAC has over schools' actual practices anyway.

Actually here:
http://www.law.umich.edu/connection/a2z ... aspx?ID=44

Read second paragraph, LSAC does not enforce that statement. It's voluntary compliance.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby thecilent » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 pm

If I could wish two ppl into Stanford it would be cardinals and R6. Can either of you just come to nyu plz

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 pm

thecilent wrote:If I could wish two ppl into Stanford it would be cardinals and R6. Can either of you just come to nyu plz


Thanks :)

Still UR at NYU :lol:

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:25 pm

thecilent wrote:If I could wish two ppl into Stanford it would be cardinals and R6. Can either of you just come to nyu plz


Ditto. Thanks!

If NYU wants to give me some monies....

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby thecilent » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Word word. Def let me know where you guys decide on

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:28 pm

thecilent wrote:Word word. Def let me know where you guys decide on


You guys will know when I make a decision. It's exciting to see everyone settle in and take their picks. It's pretty cool to see people end up at schools they had no idea 6 months ago.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:Word word. Def let me know where you guys decide on


You guys will know when I make a decision. It's exciting to see everyone settle in and take their picks. It's pretty cool to see people end up at schools they had no idea 6 months ago.


Definitely. It has been such a long, but rewarding process. Can't believe the cycle is ending soon for so many.

Also, page 180!!! Mentioning it for good luck! :D
Last edited by cardinals1989 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby thecilent » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
thecilent wrote:Word word. Def let me know where you guys decide on


You guys will know when I make a decision. It's exciting to see everyone settle in and take their picks. It's pretty cool to see people end up at schools they had no idea 6 months ago.

Ha For real man. Totally didn't think I would be at nyu. Really kinda excited though - just to start ls in general. Feels like I've been in this whole process foreverrr




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”