Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cardinals1989

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:17 am

misterbingley wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
djeter2 wrote:I think it'd be best for me if I were somehow limited to one status check per day. Stupid hope.

Good luck to everyone...My heart will drop with every call I receive from noon to 8 pm EST for the next few days. I think I will actually pick up the phone crying if I get a number from the 650.

Side note: office opens at 8 am and closes 12-1 each day pacific time.

Wait, seriously? I feel like this is VITAL INFO that should be on the first page! I certainly did not know this.

This is from an email they sent me awhile back:

Stanford Admissions Office wrote:
You can visit our office during office hours (Mon-Fri, 8-12PM, 1-5PM).

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 am

Oops, RC fail. I read it as the office closes at 1pm PST...

NEVERMIND :oops:

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 am

Please let today be the day! For anything, any decision at all.

I will say that I just came back from a visit to UTexas and absolutely loved it, but I couldn't commit to it because the whole time I kept glancing at my phone hoping for that magical call. I mean, I would be totally happy to go there...if I got rejected from Stanford. My heart is so torn!

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:20 am

juliachild-ish wrote:Please let today be the day! For anything, any decision at all.

I will say that I just came back from a visit to UTexas and absolutely loved it, but I couldn't commit to it because the whole time I kept glancing at my phone hoping for that magical call. I mean, I would be totally happy to go there...if I got rejected from Stanford. My heart is so torn!

Are you a real person??? You have to be going through the strangest process of choosing a school in history.

I commend you for it though.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

tkgrrett wrote:
Are you a real person??? You have to be going through the strangest process of choosing a school in history.

I happen to think it is awesome to be happy making your own choices regardless of peer pressure. Some of my best achievements are the results of going against everyone's rational advice.

juliachild-ish

Postby juliachild-ish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

tkgrrett wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:Please let today be the day! For anything, any decision at all.

Hahahaha I am pretty strange, I guess. Actually, it's funny--I wrote my PS about how I like to follow my own path through life and always make the unexpected choice. I didn't realize that it would be true about my law school decision process as well!

I have serious reasons for strongly considering UT. I met with some really amazing faculty when I was there, and randomly ran into a 2L who had chosen a full ride at UT over Harvard and was extremely happy with that decision (he's at the top of the class at UT and on the Law Review). I also had a long one-on-one meeting with the Dean of the Law School, Larry Sager, who attended Columbia and has taught at NYU and Harvard, and he made some very compelling arguments for why UT fits my interests and would be a better choice for me than Harvard. All the professors I met with agreed that, given what I want, I should go to UT...unless I got into Stanford and Yale (they didn't have much love for Harvard, even the one who went to law school there).

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 am

like the past four days or so im betting that there will be absolutely no movement today

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:01 pm

inandout1 wrote:like the past four days or so im betting that there will be absolutely no movement today

seconded.

(although I think there was a single DLS reported yesterday)

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:04 pm

At the risk of sounding crazy...

Ever since Knock said on page 171 that he was posting on the best page of the thread, I've been seeing the page numbers as LSAT scores, and it's been bothering me. I'll be happy when we hit page 181 and I can stop.

On a more normal note, I'm not holding my breath for there to be a lot of news today.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 pm

ebeth wrote:At the risk of sounding crazy...

Ever since Knock said on page 171 that he was posting on the best page of the thread, I've been seeing the page numbers as LSAT scores, and it's been bothering me. I'll be happy when we hit page 181 and I can stop.

On a more normal note, I'm not holding my breath for there to be a lot of news today.

Let's all chip in and help you!

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 pm

r6_philly wrote:

I appreciate it! The sad thing is it upsets me more and more as we get into the high 170s and I see all the scores I failed to get. I have problems.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 pm

r6_philly wrote:

It might not be the best idea to flood the board in the last days when people are dying to hear something. :wink:

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:15 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

It might not be the best idea to flood the board in the last days when people are dying to hear something. :wink:

Well, hopefully people actually hear, and they can post about that!

inandout1

Postby inandout1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:21 pm

well here is my guess. Considering the far fewer applicants this year the process might have occured faster. Why are we not hearing anything right now when there was a wave last year? because it already happened. When confused7 met four ppl at the asw that could not have been everyone who got a call. Four by itself is enough to be called a wave. Face it now that the important part is out of the way dean deal is just taking her sweet time to seperate the rejects from the waitlist

ExpectLess

Postby ExpectLess » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

inandout1 wrote:well here is my guess. Considering the far fewer applicants this year the process might have occured faster. Why are we not hearing anything right now when there was a wave last year? because it already happened. When confused7 met four ppl at the asw that could not have been everyone who got a call. Four by itself is enough to be called a wave. Face it now that the important part is out of the way dean deal is just taking her sweet time to seperate the rejects from the waitlist

Unwarranted pessimism.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

inandout1 wrote:well here is my guess. Considering the far fewer applicants this year the process might have occured faster. Why are we not hearing anything right now when there was a wave last year? because it already happened. When confused7 met four ppl at the asw that could not have been everyone who got a call. Four by itself is enough to be called a wave. Face it now that the important part is out of the way dean deal is just taking her sweet time to seperate the rejects from the waitlist

You might be right about this (although who really knows, no harm in holding out a A LITTLE hope), but you're definitely not right about it being me at ASW. :mrgreen: I've yet to attend a ASW!
Last edited by Confused7 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vuvuzela!!!

Postby Vuvuzela!!! » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Just got in via missed phone call and voicemail followed by e-mail.

I cannot believe it. (Am I dreaming?)

172-4/3.65, out for 3-5 years, didn't go to any Ivy or anything close, good softs, white dude. I went under review on 11/24. I'm not on LSN, but Berkeley rejected me and so did Harvard.

Oh yeah, and I took the LSAT four times.

PM me if you want more details.

Good luck everyone!!!

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Vuvuzela!!! wrote:Just got in via missed phone call and voicemail followed by e-mail.

172-4/3.65, out for 3-5 years, didn't go to any Ivy or anything close, good softs, white dude. I went under review on 11/24. I'm not on LSN, but Berkeley rejected me and so did Harvard.

Good luck everyone!!!

This is EXCELLENT news!! CONGRATS!!! You must be stoked. :D

ebeth

Postby ebeth » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Vuvuzela!!! wrote:Just got in via missed phone call and voicemail followed by e-mail.

Good luck everyone!!!

Congratulations to you! And congratulazioni (just took an Italian exam)!

SubwaySandwich

Postby SubwaySandwich » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Good luck everyone!!!

Congratsss!! Oh man, i think i'm going to go crazy waiting...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:41 pm

Congrats!

Vuvuzela!!!

Postby Vuvuzela!!! » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Good luck everyone!!!

And for those wondering, my online status still hasn't changed and the call came at 8:30 AM Stanford time.

meryl

Postby meryl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats! That's awesome!

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats again!

Dean Deal is such a tease. :P

PancakeMonster

Postby PancakeMonster » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Every time I check my status online my heart skips a beat, hoping I don't see the DLS red writing. Luckily still in this!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”