Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Even so, you can still take comfort in that you have what it takes, it just wasn't meant to be.


What do you mean? I think by definition if I don't get in then I did not have what it takes.


If you don't, you'd be rejected already. There is a finite number of seats, not getting one doesn't mean you don't have it. At least credit yourself as such. :wink:

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Knock wrote:13 days until my cycle is over.


You are in an enviable position on many levels :)

You would turn it down for S?

User avatar
yuzu
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby yuzu » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 pm

UR 10/28, sooo ready for the cycle to be over. My guess is that I'm headed for the waitlist, but who knows? Last time I was rejected April 9.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Monday, Dean Deal should call all three of us. That would be AMAZING.

Also...it is going to be so embarrassing when I don't get in. :(


Can I get a phone call on Monday too? Pretty pretty please? :mrgreen:

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:10 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Monday, Dean Deal should call all three of us. That would be AMAZING.

Also...it is going to be so embarrassing when I don't get in. :(


Can I get a phone call on Monday too? Pretty pretty please? :mrgreen:


Want in on this too!!!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Confused7 wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Monday, Dean Deal should call all three of us. That would be AMAZING.

Also...it is going to be so embarrassing when I don't get in. :(


Can I get a phone call on Monday too? Pretty pretty please? :mrgreen:


Want in on this too!!!


If only I had the ability. I think my sanity is gone after this experience.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby ExpectLess » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:44 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Confused7 wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Monday, Dean Deal should call all three of us. That would be AMAZING.

Also...it is going to be so embarrassing when I don't get in. :(


Can I get a phone call on Monday too? Pretty pretty please? :mrgreen:


Want in on this too!!!


If only I had the ability. I think my sanity is gone after this experience.


You're ready to be a lawyer. :P

As for this thread, when we soon start playing "Nearer My God To Thee," I'll take the cello.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 am

Ahhhh tomorrow is already Monday....I have a feeling I will not survive this week. Best of luck everyone!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Just out of curiosity: does anyone know Stanford's latest median numbers? 171/3.87?

User avatar
tgir
Posts: 314
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby tgir » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 pm

neonx wrote:Just out of curiosity: does anyone know Stanford's latest median numbers? 171/3.87?


People have been speculating on some thread on TLS, but Stanford (as far as I know) hasn't released C/O 2013 numbers, unlike most schools at this point. It seems likely, however, that the median GPA stayed the same or went down a tiny tiny bit, and that the median LSAT either stayed at 170 or went up to 171.

171/3.87 is a pretty good guess.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:45 pm

tgir wrote:
neonx wrote:Just out of curiosity: does anyone know Stanford's latest median numbers? 171/3.87?


People have been speculating on some thread on TLS, but Stanford (as far as I know) hasn't released C/O 2013 numbers, unlike most schools at this point. It seems likely, however, that the median GPA stayed the same or went down a tiny tiny bit, and that the median LSAT either stayed at 170 or went up to 171.

171/3.87 is a pretty good guess.


I know Stanford is very much focused on things other than straight numbers, but...come on, Stanford, I have such nice numbers for you! 174/3.87 here, just waiting for that magical call...

User avatar
ebeth
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:51 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby ebeth » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:27 pm

r6_philly wrote: Even so, you can still take comfort in that you have what it takes, it just wasn't meant to be.


I'm going to try to hold on to this thought for every one of my rejections (even though it was not directed at me...).

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Wearing my Stanford keychain for good luck until the bitter (wonderful? please?) end.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:01 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Wearing my Stanford keychain for good luck until the bitter (wonderful? please?) end.


Overrr it.

User avatar
dot
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby dot » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 pm

neonx wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Wearing my Stanford keychain for good luck until the bitter (wonderful? please?) end.


Overrr it.

over what?!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:23 pm

dot wrote:
neonx wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Wearing my Stanford keychain for good luck until the bitter (wonderful? please?) end.


Overrr it.

over what?!


Haha, I'm just giving Cardinals a hard time. dot, dot, dot, will I see you again next weekend?!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:24 pm

neonx wrote:
dot wrote:
neonx wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Wearing my Stanford keychain for good luck until the bitter (wonderful? please?) end.


Overrr it.

over what?!


Haha, I'm just giving Cardinals a hard time. dot, dot, dot, will I see you again next weekend?!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sure, kick me when I am down...

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby neonx » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:26 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
Sure, kick me when I am down...


:oops:

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:37 am

Confused7 wrote:Ahhhh tomorrow is already Monday....I have a feeling I will not survive this week. Best of luck everyone!

Let this unholy week begin.

jimraynor
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jimraynor » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:41 am

DLS.

UR 12/15

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:57 am

jimraynor wrote:DLS.

UR 12/15

Sorry, Dude. Like, just now? Or have you not checked lately? . . . Again, sorry.

jimraynor
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby jimraynor » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 am

No worries! It was expected...

Possibly end of last week? Was at NYU's ASW.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby misterbingley » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am

sorry to all the new DLSs! :(

is it just me, or do the new DLSs seem to follow a rough chronological trend?

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby mcweanis » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 am

i thought it seemed like they were going backwards for a while there - 2/10, 2/4, 1/21, etc

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:53 am

mcweanis wrote:i thought it seemed like they were going backwards for a while there - 2/10, 2/4, 1/21, etc


Basically, we're all clueless and SLS has us in the palm of its hands. Scared to check DLS, bah!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, elcamino4, Long shot hero, LtotheB, SNightHighlights and 24 guests