Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby NikaneOkie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 am

cardinals1989 wrote:Nightmare scenario:

Dean Deal: "Congratulations! Welcome to SLS!"

Me: :D :D :D :D

DD: "Psych! April Fools! We just decided to reject you...I thought you would get a kick out of getting the news this way!"

Me: :shock: :evil: :( :cry: :cry:


:( I feel sad that you're even thinking that.
You've been in the running so long! They MUST think you're incredibly special. If you think about it, you're way more intriguing than even those they've already admitted, because more people have read your application and more consideration has been given to you! Congrats for being so interesting!!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 am

neonx wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:Nightmare scenario:

Dean Deal: "Congratulations! Welcome to SLS!"

Me: :D :D :D :D

DD: "Psych! April Fools! We just decided to reject you...I thought you would get a kick out of getting the news this way!"

Me: :shock: :evil: :( :cry: :cry:



We have to be awake in five hours. Go to bed!


6 hours. And likewise!

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby niederbomb » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:59 am

Have any DLS been WL yet?

Just got a DLS sometime in the past few days.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 am

April: we will know one way or another in the next 30 days.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby glitched » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 am

I seriously cannot believe April is already here... time flies by too fast for me.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:09 am

fish52 wrote:DLS at some point late in the afternoon, just now checked. :cry: :cry: :cry: Here's to hoping it's a WL.
UR 1/18. LSAT at 25th, GPA above 75th. I'll probably be across the Bay, so I guess I should start spelling it "Stanfurd" :wink:

Good luck to those still waiting!


Nooooo fish! We lost another one. :( I feel like every day is a bloodbath at this point...

Also, thanks for the clarification CosmoLaw...looks like what they meant was that they're slowly and cruelly weeding us out for dramatic purposes.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 am

Confused7 wrote:
fish52 wrote:DLS at some point late in the afternoon, just now checked. :cry: :cry: :cry: Here's to hoping it's a WL.
UR 1/18. LSAT at 25th, GPA above 75th. I'll probably be across the Bay, so I guess I should start spelling it "Stanfurd" :wink:

Good luck to those still waiting!


Nooooo fish! We lost another one. :( I feel like every day is a bloodbath at this point...

Also, thanks for the clarification CosmoLaw...looks like what they meant was that they're slowly and cruelly weeding us out for dramatic purposes.


Clearly the bolded above is true. Why else would they keep us hanging around for so long??

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:01 am

Sorry, fish! We did lose a lot of good people.

Just trying to stay alive for a little bit longer...

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am

:( Sorry fish.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 pm

It's business time in California! Do we think there might be any calls today? I can't help but hope...

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:It's business time in California! Do we think there might be any calls today? I can't help but hope...


If decisions are being made "daily" and not "weekly," I think it's fairly safe that at least SOME calls (and probably exponentially more DLS's) will be coming out today.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Weirdlog wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:It's business time in California! Do we think there might be any calls today? I can't help but hope...


If decisions are being made "daily" and not "weekly," I think it's fairly safe that at least SOME calls (and probably exponentially more DLS's) will be coming out today.


In other words, every day is another opportunity for panic.

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Ah -- DLS today. UR 11/18.

This one hurts quite a bit because the longer I waited, the more I really wanted it. Then again -- no targeted LORs and only sent a Why Stanford? LOCI in February.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Confused7 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

aredhello wrote:Ah -- DLS today. UR 11/18.

This one hurts quite a bit because the longer I waited, the more I really wanted it. Then again -- no targeted LORs and only sent a Why Stanford? LOCI in February.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!


Noooo, sorry to hear about another fallen comrade. Sorta in a similar boat with no targeted LORs and only a LOCI later on. Guess mine is coming soon.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

aredhello wrote:Ah -- DLS today. UR 11/18.

This one hurts quite a bit because the longer I waited, the more I really wanted it. Then again -- no targeted LORs and only sent a Why Stanford? LOCI in February.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!


Sorry to hear it! I'm working on a Why Stanford LOCI right now, but I keep checking my status every few minutes because I'm afraid I'll get a DLS and make the whole thing moot.

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby fish52 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:41 pm

aredhello wrote:Ah -- DLS today. UR 11/18.

This one hurts quite a bit because the longer I waited, the more I really wanted it. Then again -- no targeted LORs and only sent a Why Stanford? LOCI in February.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!

I also didn't send any targeted LORs and got my DLS yesterday. It sounds like they have a list of people on the edge and are trying to devise ways to systematically eliminate some of them. Or perhaps Boalt's propensity for conspiracy theories is already getting to me...

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby aredhello » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks for the TLS love everyone. This has been my favorite thread and I'll miss checking it regularly.

Haha, actually, I'll still probably check it every day. Fingers crossed for y'all!

User avatar
CosmoLaw
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby CosmoLaw » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:50 pm

sorry to the new DLS's... I'm sure at least some are WL (it's April 1st!)... and fish52.. you are my number twin...so I'm especially sorry to hear about your DLS.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm

I sent my LOCI via email just now...hopefully it gets added to my file before they reject me! No DLS yet.

And yes, judging by last year's thread, some of the recent DLS's are definitely waitlists.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Happy April everyone. Sorry for those DLS'd and best of luck to everyone still alive.

User avatar
Philip_J_Fry
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Philip_J_Fry » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

DLS just now. I assume this is a rejection/waitlist? I work underground and have to phone service so I would have no idea if they called me and didn't leave a message...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Knock » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Philip_J_Fry wrote:DLS just now. I assume this is a rejection/waitlist? I work underground and have to phone service so I would have no idea if they called me and didn't leave a message...


They'd email.

Kaitlyn
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby Kaitlyn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I pretty much never post in this thread, but I'm going to need some moral support with all these DLSs coming out (I feel like it's only a matter of time). I've been UR since 11/8 and working on my LOCI now..

Sorry to the new DLSs, here's to hoping some of them turn out to be WLs.

orioles88
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby orioles88 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:04 pm

juliachild-ish wrote:I sent my LOCI via email just now...hopefully it gets added to my file before they reject me! No DLS yet.

And yes, judging by last year's thread, some of the recent DLS's are definitely waitlists.



What email address did you send the letter to? admissions@law.stanford.edu ?

I've been contemplating sending a LOCI as well.

juliachild-ish
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Stanford Law School 2011 Applicants (Pics)

Postby juliachild-ish » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:04 pm

orioles88 wrote:
juliachild-ish wrote:I sent my LOCI via email just now...hopefully it gets added to my file before they reject me! No DLS yet.

And yes, judging by last year's thread, some of the recent DLS's are definitely waitlists.



What email address did you send the letter to? admissions@law.stanford.edu ?

I've been contemplating sending a LOCI as well.


Yup, to that email address, with the LOCI as a .pdf attachment.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests